WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2018, 05:41 AM   #11

wturri78 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
None with mine but it's only been 2 months.
Hopefully it stays that way!

I read a review of Red Dot sights, about a year old, written by some trainers who give classes on shooting with them. They ranked them based on how many they saw fail during their two-day, 1000 round type classes. I don't think Shield was even on the list because they're so uncommon in the US.

I remember Trijicon won by a large margin, with Leupold doing pretty well too. Anything less expensive (Vortex, Burris, etc.) was deemed "not designed for heavy usage."

They made a special note that Sig's Romeo 1 sight on RX handgun models had a lot of problems.

So you should go take a 2-day, 1000 round training class and then report back to us

It's science! Do it for humanity!
wturri78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #12

xl_target .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wturri78 View Post

Beyond that, I'm having trouble locating options that would accommodate either the RMS-c or even just the Crimson Trace.

What do y'all use?

I carry AIWB, so anything that has the option of adding a "claw" attachment would be gravy.
I looked at a lot of holsters for the PPS RMSC and couldn't find anything that protected the sight until I cam across a photo on the net. This was from Dara holsters.

I ordered and received mine and am very pleased with it.
The sight never touches the holster either on insertion or removal. There is just enough clearance around the sight so there is no contact.

Photo Link
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pps2.jpg (214.5 KB, 37 views)
xl_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:18 PM   #13

wturri78 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl_target View Post
Quote:

Beyond that, I'm having trouble locating options that would accommodate either the RMS-c or even just the Crimson Trace.

What do y'all use?

I carry AIWB, so anything that has the option of adding a "claw" attachment would be gravy.
I looked at a lot of holsters for the PPS RMSC and couldn't find anything that protected the sight until I cam across a photo on the net. This was from Dara holsters.

The sight never touches the holster either on insertion or removal. There is just enough clearance around the sight so there is no contact.

Photo Link
Hard to see in this photo, is there a claw attached to the holster?
wturri78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2018, 03:17 PM   #14

xl_target .22
Quote:
Hard to see in this photo, is there a claw attached to the holster?
No. it is an OWB holster but they do offer it as an IWB or AIWB with the claw if you so desire.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:50 PM   #15

RJP3579 .22
Quote:

Photo Link
Is this holster their standard RMS holster or custom made from them? All the pics on their website show the holster cut out around the sight and not covering the sight ad your pic shows. I want one like yours.
RJP3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #16

xl_target .22
When placing your order, you have to ask for the RMS to be covered. There is a section on the order form for special instructions or custom notes. I went back to the order I placed and this is what it said:

"Custom Kydex RMR Cut OWB Holster
(FIREARM MFG Q - Z: WALTHER PPS M2*, Holster Color: Black Leather Texture +$8.00, Draw Hand: Right Hand Hip, Belt Attachment: Single Loop 1.5" (Standard Size), Belt Attachment Color: Same as Holster (No Charge), Ride Height: Mid Ride, Cant Angle: 15 FWD, MUZZLE COVERAGE: SLIGHT WRAP (Recommended), ____ CUSTOM NOTES (LH mag release, safeties, etc.): I have a Walther PPS M2 RMSC with the factory installed Shield RMSC sight. I would like the sight to be covered as I have seen on some of your holsters. Also, my gunbelts are a quarter inch thick. If you have any questions about this, please email me., Extended Mag Release? No, Suppressor Height Sights? No, LH Mag Release: No)"

My comments, that I appended to the order, are in italics. The did a beautiful job. The holster looks great and fits the PPS very well. The sight hood clears the RMS perfectly, protecting it but doesn't touch it.

The only thing I would suggest is that on an OWB holster, do not get the single loop belt attachment. On my nylon rigger's belt, the holster moves around too easily. On my double thickness leather gun belt, I can't get the belt through the loops. They have multiple interchangeable mounting options that can be added to the holster.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:54 PM   #17

RJP3579 .22
Quote:
When placing your order, you have to ask for the RMS to be covered. There is a section on the order form for special instructions or custom notes. I went back to the order I placed and this is what it said:

"Custom Kydex RMR Cut OWB Holster
(FIREARM MFG Q - Z: WALTHER PPS M2*, Holster Color: Black Leather Texture +$8.00, Draw Hand: Right Hand Hip, Belt Attachment: Single Loop 1.5" (Standard Size), Belt Attachment Color: Same as Holster (No Charge), Ride Height: Mid Ride, Cant Angle: 15 FWD, MUZZLE COVERAGE: SLIGHT WRAP (Recommended), ____ CUSTOM NOTES (LH mag release, safeties, etc.): I have a Walther PPS M2 RMSC with the factory installed Shield RMSC sight. I would like the sight to be covered as I have seen on some of your holsters. Also, my gunbelts are a quarter inch thick. If you have any questions about this, please email me., Extended Mag Release? No, Suppressor Height Sights? No, LH Mag Release: No)"

My comments, that I appended to the order, are in italics. The did a beautiful job. The holster looks great and fits the PPS very well. The sight hood clears the RMS perfectly, protecting it but doesn't touch it.

The only thing I would suggest is that on an OWB holster, do not get the single loop belt attachment. On my nylon rigger's belt, the holster moves around too easily. On my double thickness leather gun belt, I can't get the belt through the loops. They have multiple interchangeable mounting options that can be added to the holster.
Thanks for the info. Gonna order one soon.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #18

RJP3579 .22
I ordered the Dara OWB holster and asked to cover around the RMSC. Received in under two weeks and very happy with the quality and fit. Also ordered a mag pouch. Will post pics soon.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:24 PM   #19

xl_target .22
looking forward to the photos.
What finish did you choose for the holster?
Old 05-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #20

RJP3579 .22
I ordered just the plain black finish. Dara holsters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190505_140029_1557267032370.jpg (214.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20190505_140039_1557267047927.jpg (164.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20190505_140048_1557267058378.jpg (204.8 KB, 10 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page

holster for a walther pps with laser

holster for pps m2 rmsc

pps m2 rms holster

pps m2 rmsc holster

pps m2 rsmc holster
pps mp2 rsmc holster

pps rmsc kydex iwb

walters pps m2 rmsc holter

walther pps holsters 9mmwalther pps with laser holster

walther pps laser holster

walther pps m2 rmsc holster

walther pps rmsc holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.