Hornady Critical Defense Failure to Feed - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2019, 07:05 AM   #21

Tinman603 .22
On my last trips to the range it was still doing it. So I am going to try some of Sig’s self defense rounds and see how that cycles.
Tinman603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-29-2019, 12:25 AM   #22

Logic214 .22
I had the same issue with my PPS .40 cal. I reached out to walther and they warranty replaced my recoil spring assymbly. I have not had one feed failure since and I've put cheap fmj ammo through it and even steel case brands. Very pleased with it and Walther support team.
Logic214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #23

Tinman603 .22
That’s a great idea I just assumed it was an ammo issue. I was actually thinking of replacing the spring and guide rod with a lake line “stainless recoil assembly”. Thanks.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:04 PM   #24

Frank_Castle .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
Prefer HST from Federal myself in my PPS. Never had a single issue with it and the 124gr win many of the ballistics tests. See Shootingthebull410's ammo tests: https://www.youtube.com/user/ShootingTheBull410
This series of videos are excellent. I agree with HST but went with 150gr designed for short bbl 9mm. Although it didn't take the award overall.

Not that it matters in this case but figured it'd save someone some ammo funds. Blazer aluminum case ammo will fail (ejecting) on PPS. Not worth it for range ammo for a PPS.
Frank_Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #25

Tinman603 .22
Nice! I’ll have to check out the HST.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:18 PM   #26

druryj .22
Remington Golden Sabers have a reputation for excellent feeding in about every pistol there is. I have never had a problem with Critical Defense myself, but have read and heard from others about the same problem; where it hangs up on the feed ramp. I use it in my snubbies, Gold Dots or HST in my semi-autos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
druryj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:13 PM   #27

MACSTAR100 .22
Hi, I had the problem with Hornady critical defense. The issue....the crimping of the bullet tip where it wraps around the red polymer insert was getting caught on the bottom of the feed ramp. Not the barrel feed ramp but the lower feed ramp. When the first round is shot the second round tip would catch on the lower feed ramp. The crimped bullet tip was damaging the lower feed ramp....seemed like soft metal to me. I lightly sanded and polished the feed ramp and stopped using the Hornady rounds and the issue stopped....hope this helps. See pics (after I polished ramp)
MACSTAR100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page

9m self defense round fo walther pps m2

hornady critical defense for .40 forum

hornady critical defense walther p 1

hornady critical defense walther pps

hornady critical duty .380 ammo failure to feed

hornady fail to feed pps m2

hornady self defense ppk

Click on a term to search for related topics.