Sight for PPQ 22lr? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2017, 04:02 PM   #1

kekoaw .22
Sight for PPQ 22lr?

Is there a good sight I can get for the PPQ 22lr? The rear sights I got with my gun are garbage and I want new ones but dont know which ones fit my gun? I dont want to order them and find out I have to send them back. Thanks for the help!
kekoaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #2

Kar98 .22
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/223781/

Needs to hammered in and the ears ground off, but they work great with the fiber optic front sight: point of aim = point of impact

Last edited by Kar98; 11-25-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:31 AM   #3

Pientkafl .22
PPQ Rear Sight

I have the same issue. I ordered the EGW S&W dovetail which should fit the PPQ 22. I plan to mount a vortex red dot but this will eliminate the iron sight. This sounds like a great option - When you state the ears are ground off what do you mean or where are they located on the sight. Midway is out of the sights. https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/i...lies/smile.gif
Pientkafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2017, 12:40 PM   #4

Kar98 .22
This bit right here, on both sides of the sight:

The orange parts will protrude on either side of the slide:

Dremel them off once you have the rear sighted in/adjusted horizontally to your liking, so the rear sight sits flush.

Because, a, it looks better, and b, so you don't slice yourself open when operating the slide.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:30 AM   #5

Pientkafl .22
Thanks for the photos I see what you mean - it looks great. Hope mine looks as good when done.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:16 PM   #6

kekoaw .22
Thanks you very much for the pictures and links. I ordered them and cant wait for them to come in.
kekoaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:53 PM   #7
Banned

jlavallee Trouble working and playing with others.
Yep, and you can get the front FO from Walther although it only ships red so you'll need to get a FO rod from Brownells to do the front properly. Sad that Walther refuses to build the gun correctly as a trainer and not a cheap plinker.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #8

Kar98 .22
What's wrong with red?
Old 12-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #9

Pientkafl .22
Another rear sight option for the PPQ 22 tactical - seems simple. Remove the rear sight and paint the center portion of the sight. Seems simple.

Rimfirecentral indicated the Crosman LPA MIN Metal rear adjustable sight fits. Anyone try this option. Not sure if the attached photo image will work.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:45 PM   #10
Banned

jlavallee Trouble working and playing with others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
What's wrong with red?
Nothing particularly, some like it but any decent sight maker will give you inserts for both. Some claim it is nice in that you get used to looking for a powered red dot anyway and that makes it natural, for me it is always easier to pick up green and it stands out better from the steel around it especially in lower light. The other thing is if using it on a gun with an actual red-dot in where you want to co-witness like say on my PPQ Match, then I don't want two red dots but an electronic red one and a green below it for the back up sight. Walther America has a take what we give you, screw what the customer wants attitude which is pretty disgusting so even when they conceded and brought back the M1, they made damned sure it was a limited run only model. It's like waiting out the old twits at the FBI who had to retire or be fired so the 9mm could come back because them admitting they're wrong is not an option. Otherwise we'd have options available to get a real trainer and guns configured how the user wants them or at least a pro shop option. We should be able to use real sights like the duty guns. Rant out.
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

aftermarket sights for ppq m2 .22

is there sights for the walther ppq m2 22lr

ppq 22 sights

ppq 22lr rear sight adapter

ppq m2 22lr sights

red dot for walther ppq m2 22lr

red dot sight for walther ppq 22

sights for walther ppq 22lr

walther ppq 22 replacement sights

walther ppq 22 sights

walther ppq adjustable iron sights

walther ppq m2 22lr rear sight

Click on a term to search for related topics.