Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #31
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosser2 View Post
So is a sight pusher the only way to install the Factory Night Sights? I am trying to get them to fit onto my PPQ M2 and the rear sight won't go on at all. Any thoughts? I would also like to know how these OEM night sights are wind adjustable. I can't figure that out yet either.
I'm sure some wise person can tap the rear sight in without a sight pusher but I know I sure wouldn't be able to. You may need to find someone who can lend you one or ask a gunsmith for help.

As to wind adjustments...I'd eye ball it to center and bench test it then readjust with a pusher or use the laser sight as mentioned above (again you'll need a pusher). These sight are not click adjustable. Once you have it centered it shouldn't need to be adjusted again.

About the instructions....mine were the same way.....
pani likes this.

Last edited by olsoul; 09-26-2013 at 08:29 PM.
olsoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #32

Boogs .22
Excellent thread!

...I'll have to send you my slide, OS
olsoul likes this.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #33

Slenteng .22
2 questions. 1.Were you able to remove the rear sight? 2.You were able to push the rear sight although it has a retaining tabs at all four corners and is held in from beneath by upward pressure?
Slenteng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #34
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
If you look at the pictures I posted you'll see I was entirely successful. Those are not actually tabs at all, just extremely thin metal.
The compression roll pin gave no trouble at all but I was using a very robust sight pusher.
olsoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #35

Slenteng .22
My apologies olsoul, you were correct sir....they can indeed be drifted out. I was able to get them out with a brass punch.
Slenteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #36

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
This thread is invaluable, and I'm asking for it to be stickied.

I too want PPS sights on my PPQ (the 9mm, as I already have Meps on my .40).

I've even emailed Trijicon asking if they would take my steel PPS stock sights and make them into night sights..awaiting their reply.

If they will, then I plan to purchase 2 sets of stock PPS sights, and send in to Trijicon to have worked into tritium versions to put on both of the PPQs.

For that matter, I may have to send in both of the PPS' sights too!

This thread basically answered the questions I had.

I like the lower profile, bigger dots, and the fact that they are steel, as opposed to the PPQ stock sights.

I'd probably put them on all the Walther pistols I'd own that would mate to them...(future P99/c )
Old 10-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #37
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirdsport302 View Post
This thread is invaluable, and I'm asking for it to be stickied.
For what it's worth, the thread was Stuck weeks ago.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #38

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
My bad! I did a search and came up with the thread...didn't realize it was already "stuck"!

So I emailed Dawn @ Trijicon last night, she replied back that they didn't drill and put tritium vials in sights, however, she headed me in the direction of THIS company, and i checked their links for the rundown...seems a little pricey, but if one would rather have the lower profile sights, it might just be worth it.

I'll be looking into having at least 2 sets done up...sometime. Probably be after the first of the year.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #39

fosser2 .22
Crazy followup question to all of this but since the "old" plunger is removed the hole is left. Does this cause an issue of dirt and such being built up in it? Would it be a good idea to attempt to fill it with something to avoid this issue? Lastly I did get a Smith to install my rear sight. Attached is a picture of the sights in a totally black room. I'm not sure if the picture does it justice at all but imo they are pretty bright.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131101_225228.jpg (683.9 KB, 213 views)

Last edited by fosser2; 11-01-2013 at 11:58 PM.
fosser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #40
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosser2 View Post
Crazy followup question to all of this but since the "old" plunger is removed the hole is left. Does this cause an issue of dirt and such being built up in it? Would it be a good idea to attempt to fill it with something to avoid this issue? Lastly I did get a Smith to install my rear sight. Attached is a picture of the sights in a totally black room. I'm not sure if the picture does it justice at all but imo they are pretty bright.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
The issue you mention is NOT an issue.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page
factory metal ppq sights
fitting sight ppq first edition navy
how to install factory walther ppq night stights
how to install night sights on ruger sr9c
is there anywhere that you can send a walther ppq m2 to have night sights installed
ppks night sights installation
trijicon night sight factory authorized installation

walther factory night sights

walther night sights installation

walther ppk night sights

walther ppq factory night sights

wiha 26547 precision nut driver, inch, 3/16 x 60mm

Click on a term to search for related topics.