Video reviews and installation guide to Walther PPQ sights/laser/light - Page 7 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2017, 07:00 PM   #61

Fanman .22
I gleaned this from a Bing search. It comes from and M&P forum (gasp!).
Might have found it here I suppose but lazy.

"Yes... So from these numbers, the change from a factory 0.180" front, to a aftermarket 0.160" front will result is a 2" shift (upward) in POI at 20 yards. At 30 yards 3", etc.

I estimated 3-4" at 25-35 yards.

These numbers are also dependent on bullet velocity also, as discussed many times here. Lower velocity (heavier) bullets will impact slightly higher so a 147gr 9mm, or 180-200gr 40, will magnify this change."
Fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-28-2017, 07:38 PM   #62

Fanman .22
I guess I neglected to ask the question. Does this sound right to you guys?
Kind of spacing things a bit. Prepping to work on the PPQ, the Beretta 96 mods, and my new Mini-14 pretty much at the same time. Information overload.

Appreciate all the insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
I gleaned this from a Bing search. It comes from and M&P forum (gasp!).
Might have found it here I suppose but lazy.

"Yes... So from these numbers, the change from a factory 0.180" front, to a aftermarket 0.160" front will result is a 2" shift (upward) in POI at 20 yards. At 30 yards 3", etc.

I estimated 3-4" at 25-35 yards.

These numbers are also dependent on bullet velocity also, as discussed many times here. Lower velocity (heavier) bullets will impact slightly higher so a 147gr 9mm, or 180-200gr 40, will magnify this change."
Old 11-30-2017, 09:35 AM   #63

Fanman .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

10-8 Performance
Walther PPQ rear sight, .140" wide U notch. Fits Walther PPQ M1/M2 (factory notch is .180"). Black QPQ finish, equivalent to factory Melonite type finish on slide. Compatible with .180" tall front sight such as the factory front (.140" wide) or 10-8 front sights (.125" wide).

Dawson Precision
Walther PPQ/PPQ M2/P99 Fiber Optic Front Sights
* Choose Sight Height & Width Below:
.180" Tall x .125" Wide Ramped Serrated
Taking your advice Roadman and going with the above recommendation. Just ordered both. Thought I'd jump to get something I can see better. I'd be hunting and pecking to find a combo otherwise. Yes, the 10-8 Performance are back in stock. Got a local smith lined up to do the rear install and will let ya'll know how it works out if ya care.

Thanks.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:03 AM   #64

Roadman .22
I am pretty sure you will be happy with the new setup. Red or green is your only decision to be made now! Good luck and let us know your thoughts after shooting with the new sights.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:10 AM   #65

Fanman .22
Will do. Shot at the range yesterday with OEM sights and did 'ok' for me. I'm not a precision shooter but plan to practice since it's so much fun. It helps to know the OEM sight picture (combat) so my hold is at least where it should be.
15 round mags can sure eat the ammo.

Running an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB Holster and really liking that.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #66

guymalloc .22
Reflex laser sight on my PPQ M2, Picatinny bridge....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1piX...ew?usp=sharing

That's a Krinkov compensator, by the way.....

Last edited by guymalloc; 12-17-2017 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Added compensator note.
guymalloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:25 AM   #67

Rich807 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
After having tried a number of different sights, I think I have finally found the ideal combination (for me) for the PPQ M2. It is a 10-8 Performance rear, with a Dawson Precision fiber optic front. Hope it works for you.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

10-8 Performance
Walther PPQ rear sight, .140" wide U notch. Fits Walther PPQ M1/M2 (factory notch is .180"). Black QPQ finish
Big thanks Roadman. I switched to the 10-8 rear you referenced & LOVE it. For me the gun is night & day better shooting now. IMO the factory rear sight is atrocious, which is weird b/c I shoot fine with the factory sights on the PPS M2 LE, but anyhow.... I think the width of the OEM sight on the PPQ is just too wide (for me), plus it seemed like cheap plastic which is out of place with the rest of the thing.

Install of the 10-8 was accomplished using a wet stone, a drop of Loctite Blue & about 10 min of my time. Side note/gripe... I don't see why 10-8 can't make these so they drop in. It's 2018 & these guns are manufactured by a German company. Still, absolutely love the way the 10-8 rear works on this gun.

At this point in time I'm going to stick with the OEM front sight but will look at the Dawson FO if I decide to try a different front option.
Rich807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:22 PM   #68

Jimmo952 .22
I picked up mine today. Put 100 rounds though it just because. Digging it. It's going to be a keeper.
Jimmo952 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:30 PM   #69

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
I picked up mine today. Put 100 rounds though it just because. Digging it. It's going to be a keeper.
I need to mount an RmR and install an Apex trigger. I'll say initial impression is very positive. The weight of the gun makes it very forgiving. I really noticed shooting one handed the "forgiveness" of the gun. Less than perfect technique and the hits were still easy.
Jimmo952 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:13 PM   #70
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Jim, I think in your excitement, you posted this in the wrong thread. Is there a PPQ SF thread?
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page
laser for walther ppq
meprolight ppq sight review
night sights walther ppq
ppq laser light

walther ppq laser

walther ppq laser light

walther ppq night sight reviews

walther ppq review

walther ppq sight reviews

walther ppq sights

walther ppq trijicon night sights
walther ppq with viridian x5l
Click on a term to search for related topics.