Who owns or wants to buy the SUB-Compact? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #1

PPK-Doxies .22
Who owns or wants to buy the SUB-Compact?

I had a wonderful PPQ SUB last year, but sold 22 guns to Dealers, to pay my debt to Zero, and escape back to my beloved Idaho. I came here with nothing but a couple guns, Walthers, and a hope for a new start after 20 years of the wrong woman, and the gun grabber politics of WA state.

Well. I did find a Unfired P38 P-1 that was Born two years after me This 1965 beauty is soehting a pesron would fin d serving in Rhodesia, the RSA or other parts of Africa.

Like a plain Dutch Girl, this Missy is flat out ugly but really shoots!

I'd like to get back into a SUB-Compact, but am waiting to see if
Walther offers us a SC in .45 ACP?

Or to pick up one of those sweet 9mms that has the blue frame.

Not really BSA blue..but I can live with that.

Should I retunr to Armed Security work and be authorized a Walther
9mm for duty. The blue frame would be a conversation starter.

I don't like the gun with the short mag, unless I'm wanting to Hide it and probably will never fire the gun.

The longer 15-shot mag works well with my larger hands with Westfal fingers.

LOw recoil and maybe even more accurate the the used 4 inch PPQ that I shot against it.

Any of you like the PPQ Sub? Do you want one in .45 ACP? The PPQ anything in 10mm would be nice ( I have the XDM OSP 10mm) but we will only be able to dream about such.

Tell me about your SC experience.

https://www.facebook.com/Walther-PPQ...5458385891525/
Old 11-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #2

Wolfierules907 .22
Personally, I wouldn't be interested in a subcompact 45. My HK 45c works just fine.
kampers likes this.
Wolfierules907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #3

Balor .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPK-Doxies View Post
Like a plain Dutch Girl, this Missy is flat out ugly but really shoots!

There are quite a few Dutch girls who can shoot really well.........and they might take umbrage at that remark!

When your divorce papers come through, you could re-locate to somewhere that allows polygamy and get married to both your Walthers.

Balor
jamesrmckenna likes this.

Old 11-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #4

Walther Wood .22
I am absolutely 100% satisfied with the PPQ SC. Being new to the polymer frame and striker fired crowd, I had my doubts but they were quickly dismissed upon receipt. I wanted a .45 sub-compact for concealed carry but I just could NOT make myself buy the Glock. H&K makes a fine weapon as well but I prefer the button magazine release to the paddle/lever style on their offerings. Having been a PPK/S man for decades, there was really only one way for me to go. I would definitely buy a PPQ SC chambered in .45 ACP if offered. Only question for me then would be should I get the full-sized PPQ 45 as well. The answer? Absolutely.
Walther Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #5

Redcat94 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPK-Doxies View Post
I'd like to get back into a SUB-Compact, but am waiting to see if Walther offers us a SC in .45 ACP?
It's possible but I would expect the next Walther .45 to be a Q5 SF. I'm surprised that they haven't released a PPQ .45 longslide yet. In the meantime I'm happy with my Glock 36.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #6

P99AS40lover .22
I expected that the PPQ SC was designed to be a .40 also, like the P99C. Thats why the extractor is labelled "9mm" on it. Only the cratering of the .40 market held it up I would imagine. One can get a P99C in .40 for $299 so why bother?
P99AS40lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:00 PM   #7

J_PPKS .22
I'll have to rent one sometime. I want one but I don't have the budget to add it to the roster right now. Lol.
2015 CCP Stainless
2013 PPK/S 22lr
2002 P22 Target
2016 SIG Sauer P226 Extreme 9mm
1987 SIG Sauer P225 9mm
1994 SIG Sauer P229 357SIG
J_PPKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #8

kampers .22
I'm happy with PPQ SC in 9 mm

I bought a new PPQ SC LE version a few months ago and I carry it with me everywhere I go. It fits nicely in my 5.11 holster shirt pocket when wrapped in an inside the pocket holster that's made for the PPQ.

I'm not interested in a 45 cal or even a 40 cal gun. All my pistols shoot 9 mm and I like it that way. If the 9 mm is good enough for my local Sheriffs department it's good enough for me. I want a gun that I can shoot well. Shot placement to me is more important than the weight of the bullets. Shoot the bad guy in the right spot and he will fall like a ton of bricks. Shoot them in the wrong spot and they will continue to attack you. I shoot the 9 mm accurately and that's what matters to me. Plus I don't have to buy different cal ammo for different guys.

There is a reason why Walther built the new PPQ SC in 9 mm first and not in 45 cal. It's suppose to be a smaller gun that made to conceal.
kampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:25 PM   #9

djp279 .22
I read lots of negative opinions from people saying the SC was no good. Plastic striker channel and too many changes from the standard.... the people that bought them (like me) like them and dont really have any functional complaints that the regular ppq doesnt have.
djp279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:21 PM   #10

An Angry Hippo .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampers View Post
... good enough for my local Sheriffs department it's good enough for me.

Keep in mind some Sheriffs departments are driving around Dodges. Just because the local lawman is using it doesn't mean it's any good
An Angry Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ