Walther Forums banner

PPQ 45acp

9K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  imaoldfart 
#1 ·
Anybody own one and have feedback to share? Any deals? I’m in the market for a 45acp. Thank you!

#2 ·
12+1 capacity in a .45, recoil is fine, only thing I changed were the sights (TruGlo TFX Pro).

Yes, you should get one :D

Don't know about deals..... I would check Bud's, Gunbuyer, etc. Or just go to gun.deals and search it - looks like $450 is the lowest right now.

Good luck,
Dave

#5 ·
I've been using a Q45 as my EDC since October of 2015. Mine has a BT guide rod and TFX Pro night sights.

It is extremely accurate and easy to shoot with one of the best out of the box striker fired triggers on the market.

I've exposed it to mud, dirt, dust, frequent "ocean swims" and it has been flawless through thousands of rounds except deliberate failures induced for training.

Go for it...

#6 ·
That's a pretty good recommendation from olsoul. That is as hard-use a recommendation as a gun is likely to get and means more to me than most of the contrived "torture tests" seen on YouTube.

I use mine as my home defense gun. I shoot it periodically as in every couple of months. I shoot other guns more often.

The PPQ 45 has never failed to go boom and is easy to hit with at reasonable combat distances. No drama.

I own plenty of guns but the PPQ45 is one I use for the primary home defense role.

It's a good gun. It does what it was designed to do very well and I trust it completely.

#11 · (Edited)
I couldn't find a mag loader that I could easily use (I load one handed) so I built my own.

It is simple two pieces of wood one cut out with a hole slightly wider than the width of the mag and a third longer (to accommodate loading a round) and a base piece.

Drop a round in, press the mag down and push...round is loaded...

With mag

Here is a link to it in use:

#12 ·
Congratulations on your new PPQ 45! Agree wholeheartedly with chandler5566’s Magula recommendation. It handles double stack mags of all calibers with the exception of 22lr. There is an adapter that attaches to the bottom which stabilizes single stack mags for easy loading. It a versatile product for sure.

#14 ·
#18 ·
PPQ 45 full review

I’m very impressed with this pistol. I had concerns with recoil compared to my 9mm VP9sk and .40 PPQ. After about 100 initial rounds at the range I found the muzzle flip very similar, and maybe even slightly less than .40. It’s amazing what they can do to control a big bullet. With the Trijicon (orange dot) sights the PPQ 45 is VERY accurate, even at 20 yards. Blowing huge holes in the center of a silhouette target is real Kick in the Ass! So much fun! I’d have to say it’s my new fave pistol and I’m a big fan of .45 ACP. Now owning two PPQ M2’s, and being left handed, I’d have to say it’s the perfect firearm for me. They both fit so well in my hand with great ergonometrics. I love them both! Well done Walther!

#19 ·
I’m very impressed with this pistol. …... It’s amazing what they can do to control a big bullet. ... Blowing huge holes in the center of a silhouette target is real Kick in the Ass! So much fun! I’d have to say it’s my new fave pistol and I’m a big fan of .45 ACP. ... Well done Walther!
After one magazine I knew I wanted it to be my EDC. I just had to put 500 rounds through it to make sure it operated properly before it replaced my Navy Q as my primary duty carry.

You are right Uncle, that big fat slow 230 round is fun and it does tend to "let the bad to faster" when needed.

Enjoy!

Reactions: UnclePecos
#22 ·
/\ Sounds like a new fanboy...:) Hard not to be.

Reactions: SargeMO
#27 ·
I didn't bother waiting. I'm sure glad I didn't. I switch frequently from my Classic Navy Q 9 to my Q45 and as yet have not fumbled a mag drop.

Yes I too would prefer a paddle Q45 but you really get used to the button quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.