Q5 SF Aftermarket Products - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2019, 04:01 AM   #11

gunslinger115 .22
LOK Grips

I checked out LOK grips and the downside might be the weight. If you are an IDPA shooter there is a weight restriction on the gun you shoot of 43 oz. for both SSP and ESP divisions. The gun is weighed with your physically largest empty magazine prior to a sanctioned match (tier 2 and above) and must make the weight to qualify.

The 2 grips LOK makes for the Q5 SF weigh a little more then the factory grips and may put the gun over the weight limit since the gun with an empty mag is pretty close to the weight limit already (mine weighs 42.8 oz.with my mag extension).

It's something to think about.
gunslinger115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-22-2019, 12:18 PM   #12

keithwhite100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger115 View Post
I checked out LOK grips and the downside might be the weight. If you are an IDPA shooter there is a weight restriction on the gun you shoot of 43 oz. for both SSP and ESP divisions. The gun is weighed with your physically largest empty magazine prior to a sanctioned match (tier 2 and above) and must make the weight to qualify.

The 2 grips LOK makes for the Q5 SF weigh a little more then the factory grips and may put the gun over the weight limit since the gun with an empty mag is pretty close to the weight limit already (mine weighs 42.8 oz.with my mag extension).

It's something to think about.

From LOK grips.

Thanks for the order and review David!
We needed to make the grips hollow to stay close to the stock weight. Since these are used largely for competition, most of our customers are concerned about the weight.

We can also make the backstrap solid if you prefer. Just let us know by leaving a note at checkout.

We usually make stock-like grips first, since most customers just want something with better grip.
We are working on grips with a much smaller hump that may suit you. Keep following us on IG & FB, we always post our new models there first. 😎👍
ohsevenflhx likes this.
keithwhite100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #13

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwhite100 View Post
From LOK grips.

Thanks for the order and review David!
We needed to make the grips hollow to stay close to the stock weight. Since these are used largely for competition, most of our customers are concerned about the weight.

We can also make the backstrap solid if you prefer. Just let us know by leaving a note at checkout.

We usually make stock-like grips first, since most customers just want something with better grip.
We are working on grips with a much smaller hump that may suit you. Keep following us on IG & FB, we always post our new models there first. 😎👍
Good post Keith. Good info.

I know how grips fit a hand is a personal thing but how do you compare the LOK grips to the factory grips?
gunslinger115 likes this.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2019, 07:31 PM   #14

upsman .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
Good post Keith. Good info.

I know how grips fit a hand is a personal thing but how do you compare the LOK grips to the factory grips?
The LOK grips have twice the grip of stock grips. With stock grips I would shoot 1000 to 1500 rds on a Saturday ,hands would be tired no sore,with the LOK grips 600rds and my hands and weak hand palm is sore and tender. The LOK grips make the gun very easy to hold gun steady and control recoil very good. When shooting the dot never leaves the viewing window during recoil,makes it easier for fast accurate doubles.
upsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:17 AM   #15

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsman View Post
The LOK grips have twice the grip of stock grips. With stock grips I would shoot 1000 to 1500 rds on a Saturday ,hands would be tired no sore,with the LOK grips 600rds and my hands and weak hand palm is sore and tender. The LOK grips make the gun very easy to hold gun steady and control recoil very good. When shooting the dot never leaves the viewing window during recoil,makes it easier for fast accurate doubles.
Thanks for the response Upsman. So they are "grippier" than the standard OEM grips. Good.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #16

Jimmo952 .22
Overwatch Precision confirms they are working on an PPQ SF trigger. They are expecting to have the trigger available in early 2020. That is as specific a timeframe as they would give.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:48 AM   #17

gunslinger115 .22
Anyone have any experience with an outfit called Stainless Steel Guide Rods? From what I can gather they are located in Florida and appear to be a husband and wife operating a business from a cell phone. I tried ordering a captured spring guide rod for my Q5 but customer service is virtually non existent. If you call them all you get is voicemail and if you email them you mostly get an automated reply.

Anyone else ever use these folks?
Old 09-25-2019, 07:34 AM   #18
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
I've used them in the past...have a few of their rods. I never had a problem calling and ordering.

As a side note, they use 'red' loctite on the screw, making it very difficult (for me anyway) to remove the screw to change springs. When I call to order, I specify NO loctite, and just finger tight on the screw.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #19

agksimon .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger115 View Post
Anyone have any experience with an outfit called Stainless Steel Guide Rods? From what I can gather they are located in Florida and appear to be a husband and wife operating a business from a cell phone. I tried ordering a captured spring guide rod for my Q5 but customer service is virtually non existent. If you call them all you get is voicemail and if you email them you mostly get an automated reply.
Anyone else ever use these folks?
I've purchased from them a few times and never had a problem. Always answered the phone or returned a voicemail promptly.
Great products too. I run one in my Q5. I did have an issue with the part of their guide rod, peening where it contacts the barrel and they replaced it immediately. I sent the faulty one back, for them to examine. No problems with the new one so far, but only have a few hundred rounds on it.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:32 AM   #20

gunslinger115 .22
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
I've used them in the past...have a few of their rods. I never had a problem calling and ordering.

As a side note, they use 'red' loctite on the screw, making it very difficult (for me anyway) to remove the screw to change springs. When I call to order, I specify NO loctite, and just finger tight on the screw.
If you heat the screw it tends to break the seal of the red Locktite and you can remove the screw. There is a product I use when gunsmithing on parts that get hot. It's called Rocksett. It has the same characteristics as blue 242 Locktite but is heat resistant.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/119930-q5-sf-aftermarket-products-5.html#post1219462

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/119930-q5-sf-aftermarket-products-post1217770.html#post1217770

Click on a term to search for related topics.