WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #11

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
I knew the OE sights were the PPQ "weak point" before I purchased.

So weak in fact, Trijicon Big Dot Tritium night sights where purchased BEFORE the PPQ, and installed before the first range session.
Somebody, and I'm sorry I forgot who it was, called the OE sights "dovetail protectors" Great line with an element of truth to it.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #12

Bandit1 .22
I really wish they had a little more agressive texture that extended up into the area I’ve highlighted in the attached picture. (Keep the relief area for the magazine release though.) I’d really been working on my grip trying to shoot flatter and I put some Talon grips on my PPQ and realized if you can get some traction in this highlighted area with your thumbs-forward grip, add pressure and roll forward you can dramatically reduce muzzle flip. The problem with the PPQ is that this area is super smooth so you don’t get any resistance. Now I’m looking into a more permanent solution over the Talon grips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 51C82377-D7A5-45C1-8320-E41AE39969DB_1561395111393.jpeg (79.9 KB, 45 views)
Jimmo952 and Lostnthewoods like this.
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:53 PM   #13

Wolfierules907 .22
Stock sights are Glock-esque, in other words need to be replaced.

With trigger being as 'sweet' as it is, for EDC, would suggest a safety, odd for striker fired gun, I know.
Wolfierules907 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #14

balance .22
Quote:
I know the current mantra is "a manual safety will get you killed." I just don't buy it. It is a training issue.
I've heard that as well. It is normally said by people who own long guns, which all have manual safeties.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #15
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
The PPQ is a great gun and seems to be catching on in the marketplace.

If you could change one thing about the PPQ though, what would it be??
Um...catching on? It caught on a long time ago .

I wouldn't change a thing.

I upgrade my weapons according to my needs but I would not want them different out of the box.

Slap some TFX Pro sights on them for EDC and maybe a SprinCo RSA or BT Guide Rod if you need faster target reacquisition for work but no "out of the box" changes...the Walther elves crafted a delightful and sublime weapon.
olsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #16

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsoul View Post
Um...catching on? It caught on a long time ago

Yes olsoul, highly trained, forward thinking operators such as yourself have known about and carried the gun for years.

I see more and more of them at the ranges and clubs though. I hear more competitive shooters talking about them. They seem to be gaining a broader appeal than other Walther offerings have in a long time, at least in the US.

I dont know if Walther publishes sales figures for their guns but I'm pretty sure the numbers sold would back me up.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:49 PM   #17

PPS1980 .22
Put the P99AS decocker back on it! Avoids the manual safety will kill you issue, allows you to carry it decocked, etc. Or, you could just buy a P99AS......
MangoMike likes this.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PPS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #18

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
Put the P99AS decocker back on it! Avoids the manual safety will kill you issue, allows you to carry it decocked, etc. Or, you could just buy a P99AS......
I can't disagree, at least as an option. The P99 is a great gun that was underappreciated. I hope Walther sees fit to continue to develop the AS.
MFWIC and dpadams6 like this.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:10 PM   #19

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
I really wish they had a little more agressive texture that extended up into the area Iíve highlighted in the attached picture. (Keep the relief area for the magazine release though.) Iíd really been working on my grip trying to shoot flatter and I put some Talon grips on my PPQ and realized if you can get some traction in this highlighted area with your thumbs-forward grip, add pressure and roll forward you can dramatically reduce muzzle flip. The problem with the PPQ is that this area is super smooth so you donít get any resistance. Now Iím looking into a more permanent solution over the Talon grips.

This a great idea in my humble view. A minimal change that helps in flip control would be a beautiful thing.

I do find, like yourself, the PPQ is a great gun but requires more attention to grip than some other designs.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #20

urkki .22
First would be to have a little more material beneath the slidelock-lever, to be able to have highsupporthand-grip without issues. Secondly, some magwell-style support for the bottom of the grip. Third one: to have iron sights on slide, and seperate RDS-adapter.
Jimmo952 likes this.
urkki is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

ppq shout out page

red dot rear sight

Click on a term to search for related topics.