WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2019, 01:36 AM   #11

mr2serious .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo_alpha01 View Post
Report back when you do. Interested to hear what perceived difference you really feel.

Miss my Gen 2 btw. Factory 3SGTE in Silver. Wouldn’t mind another one .
Finally had a chance to test the recoil springs at a local match today. The slide return was smoother with the DPM system vs the stock recoil spring/rod. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct term. The gun feels better with the DPM system. I'm a "feels" type of user. This goes back to my billiards playing days. It helps me. My wrists are not the strongest and my hands are smedium.

The video is not too scientific. I recorded my friend shooting my gun. He was sitting down on a stool. He gripped the gun with the same amount of pressure he usually does shooting his Glock 34 and Glock 35 (5in barrel in 9mm and .40). He was shooting my ammo, which is American Eagle 115gr Aluminum (132-137 PF). I usually shoot factory rounds at club matches.

Here's the vid:
https://youtu.be/bZaITdVM5sU

Last edited by mr2serious; 06-24-2019 at 01:39 AM. Reason: added shooting stance.
mr2serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-24-2019, 06:59 AM   #12

chandler5566 .22
Did you shoot all 2/3 springs and which one did you feel was best?
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #13

mr2serious .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler5566 View Post
My kit came with 3 springs. I only used the shortest spring (which is supposedly the lightest) since I would be shooting 147 or 150gr at Level 2 matches. The reason is that I've done the same in my Shadow for a year and just copying what works.

I'll try out the other 2 springs after Area 4.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:47 AM   #14

chandler5566 .22
Here's a thread I started re the DPM that you might be interested in reading.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...-ppq-45-a.html
mr2serious likes this.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:39 AM   #15

WaterDR .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2serious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler5566 View Post
My kit came with 3 springs. I only used the shortest spring (which is supposedly the lightest) since I would be shooting 147 or 150gr at Level 2 matches. The reason is that I've done the same in my Shadow for a year and just copying what works.

I'll try out the other 2 springs after Area 4.
How do you like the SF compared to your Shadow?
WaterDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:13 PM   #16

mr2serious .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
How do you like the SF compared to your Shadow?
I would say it's about 80-85% of my Shadow. This is because of three things, two which can be fixed in the near future with the release of factory or after market part. Also, I have smaller hands so my issues may not apply to everyone.

needs an extended mag release
needs smaller (thinner) grip
the damn frame is too short

I shaved the top of the grip panel a bit today and then somewhat stippled it for some grip. It feels better for my index finger and thumb. I could have shaved the whole grip panel down but my amateur stippling is not as aggressive as the factory texture.

The damn frame is too short. This is also a problem for me with the polymer. When I reload with the stock walther magazine I usually pinch my hand. To combat this issue, I use Canik TP9 mags. The Canik mags are longer than the Walther mags so there is a gap that saves me from the pinching.

Even with these small nuisances, I enjoy shooting the gun. Once the extended mag release and thinner grips are released it'll be very difficult to choose which gun to shoot for Production if there is no Walther contingency at a match.

pictures: https://imgur.com/a/Uu0R2dL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190704_162211_1920x1080.jpg (100.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20190704_162454_1920x1080.jpg (94.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20190704_162338_1920x1080.jpg (93.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20190704_174139_1920x1080.jpg (107.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-04-2019, 07:38 PM   #17
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
M2S, I've used many different brands of mags in my Q's. On the Q's the baseplate eliminates 'over insertion' of the magazine. Remove the slide from the frame. Insert a factory Walther magazine into the magwell, push it all the way up, hard. look for clearance between the top rim of the magazine and the ejector. You'll see light, or a slight gap. Now insert one of those canik mags into the magwell, push it up slowly....you'll probably see the magazine smacking into the ejector.

To solve this, you need to manufacture a sleeve, to slide down over the magazine to provide a positive stop.

Here's a sleeve I made. I use this on my Beretta 30 round mags, Sig P226 20 round mags, Canik mags, etc.

mr2serious likes this.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:01 PM   #18

Cannoli .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Does anybody know if the DPM recoil reduction system work with the Q5 Match SF. I cannot find any info that shows that they make it for the SF. I hope that the polymer version works for the SF. I have tried the Sprinco system for the polymer version but I want to try the DPM if it will work on the SF.
Thanks

It works after you drill a little hole in the head plate, see instagram refrence. But, the recoil system by DPM is doing nothing for comfort or against muzzle flip, but slide return is faster, hence you run into dipping of muzzle, an overalll floppy sensation.
Cannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:42 AM   #19

chandler5566 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannoli View Post
But, the recoil system by DPM is doing nothing for comfort or against muzzle flip, but slide return is faster, hence you run into dipping of muzzle, an overalll floppy sensation.
If you read post #23 and my own post #23 in the thread listed below you will see that we would disagree with your position. The shortest spring of the three free springs provided in the kit reduces overall recoil spring strength sufficiently to minimize or eliminate the downward motion of the overall muzzle flip. That is typical of any reduced strength RS. You just need to be careful not to take the spring too low which of course has potentially negative effects of its own.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...pq-45-a-3.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page
decrease recoil walther q5 match sf
does the ppq m2 g5 sf
dpm on q5
dpm recoil reduction system for walther ppq sf
how to disaessemble a walter q5 match sf

ppq q5 sf recoil spring

q5 match sf modifications

sprinco for wather ppq m5
sprinco springs walther ppq q5 sf
walther ppq q5 sf grip
walther q5 match grip

walther q5 sf trigger upgrade

Click on a term to search for related topics.