Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robertbank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 11:05 PM   #1

ge7788 .22
PPQ Q5 match trigger

Hello,

I just bought my first Walther pistol. It is a poly frame PPQ, Q5 match, 9mm. One of the main reasons I bought it was all the rave reviews about what a great trigger it has. Suppose to be the best striker fired pistol trigger on the market. I was shocked about how poor it is. I have Glocks, XDMs, and S&W striker fired pistols. All have a better trigger than this PPQ. The pull is heavy, creepy, and gritty. What a disappointment. I'm not sure if I can do anything to make it better. Thanks for letting me rant.
ge7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-15-2019, 11:46 PM   #2

Dukes4aces .22
There are some threads about getting rid of the grittiness (e.g., sand paper and oil the safety plunger). And they get better the more you shoot.... But if you're saying it's worse than a Block...then something sounds off. Generally when my Glock fan buddies shoot my PPQ 5" or P99c they're like holy crap Batman....that's how a trigger should be. Good luck...the experts will have some ideas here soon.
Dukes4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Dayum.....Heavy, creepy and gritty.....reminds me of my x-wife.

Sounds like its something other than a burr or 'no lube'. My first guess would be that the trigger bar is warped/bent. I'd recommend contacting Walther. Send er' back.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 08:49 AM   #4

chrome308 .22
If its new, clean it well and oil it (they come coated in rust prevention, not gun oil) and run enough ammo and dryfire through it to break it in. See if it still feels that way after 1000 rounds. If not, go get an aftermarket trigger or something.

Im not 100% happy with the trigger on my Q5 SF, its got some creep before the break, but initial grittiness has disappeared with a little use.
chrome308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:54 AM   #5

bbstein2 .22
Trigger on my Q5 was pretty decent but I put in the Apex and am very very happy with it. Walter is supposed to be coming out with their own replacement trigger but havenít heard too much recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbstein2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #6

Robertbank .22
My two PPQ's, a Match and the M2 5", both had excellent triggers out of the box. Both measured 5.6lbs as advertised. If the OP's is not 5lbs and is gritty I would be sending it back. I don't see much benefit of wasting 1,000 rds of ammo on the assumption that the trigger group will or might wear in. Makes no sense to me. If the group wears that much in 1K rounds the gun will be worn out by 5K. The springs are not going to wear enough to make any difference in 1K rds of shooting. Just dry fire the gun 1K times and accomplish the same thing.

Take Care

Bob
Misfire likes this.
Robertbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:58 PM   #7

ge7788 .22
Thank you all for your replies. I will work with it for awhile, if I can't improve it drastically I will just have to put an Apex in it. Thanks again!
ge7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:04 AM   #8

Dukes4aces .22
Did you see this post/thread. Apparently there is a new safety plunger
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...trigger-6.html
Dukes4aces is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

aftermarket trigger for walther q5 match

Click on a term to search for related topics.