WaltherForums

WaltherForums (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/)
-   PPQ (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/)
-   -   Walther PPQ Q5 Match Steel Frame FTEs (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/116510-walther-ppq-q5-match-steel-frame-ftes.html)

lperagallo 03-19-2019 08:33 PM

Walther PPQ Q5 Match Steel Frame FTEs

I have run into a frustrating issue with FTEs on my new SF. It has been a random issue. I ran into a video about the same issue where the poster has found the issue. I looked at my gun and the I have the same thing where there is too much slop in the frame and mag. If you run the slide without the barrel you can feel the mag hitting the slide because of poor alignment. If you push the mag to the opposite side the slide is smooth. Below is a link to the video explaining the issue. Walther will need to figure this out.

keithwhite100 03-20-2019 07:30 AM

I looked at my Q5 SF Pro, same issue with the wriggle room but no hitting mag with slide. No marks of ware and I've put at least 1500 rounds through my gun. However the mag extension on the pro version prevents me from putting any pressure on the mag when holding the gun.

chandler5566 03-20-2019 09:15 AM

Interesting. When I fired the SF at the Walther-day event I encountered a failure to lock back after the last round (5 rounds fired). The SF used was the 15 round version and I am now wondering if the amount of lateral movement is sufficient to bypass the lock tab? Perhaps that's something one of our SF owners could check.

echotango 03-20-2019 10:02 AM

It has never slide locked on the last round for me, but works every time with my wife shooting. Regardless of the 3 diff PF ammo I have.

chandler5566 03-20-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echotango (Post 1186614)
It has never slide locked on the last round for me, but works every time with my wife shooting. Regardless of the 3 diff PF ammo I have.

There's always a possibility that our hands are contacting the slide lock bar. The first question is....do you see the same magazine lateral displacement as shown in the video? If you do perhaps you could test the "theory" for us. With magazine (empty) inserted apply lateral pressure to the heel of the magazine and visually check to determine whether the magazine follower displaces far enough to bypass the slide lock tab. You could also try applying the same lateral pressure on the magazine with the slide in battery and rack the slide to see if the lock catches and holds the slide.

GTTom 03-20-2019 12:11 PM

Also following this thread. Would like to hear if others have that much play in the magazines causing any issues.

upsman 03-20-2019 01:32 PM

Have shot over 3000 rds and have not had any issues,but i am running the Sprinco recoil reducer system since day 1.

balance 03-20-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

I have run into a frustrating issue with FTEs on my new SF.
Magazine wobble should not cause a failure to extract malfunction, so I have nothing to go on in regards to that.

Explain the issue better, in full detail, explaining exactly what you see and what you have to do to clear the malfunction, and please, don't use abbreviations.

Quote:

Walther will need to figure this out.
If you are having issues with a pistol, I'd suggest you send it back to the manufacturer.

But if you explain the issue here, and you get some more information about what may be going on in your pistol from the members on this forum, I'd say you have a stronger case when dealing with Walther and having them fix the issue.

lperagallo 03-21-2019 07:42 AM

Found a Temporary Fix

I decided to try a hack. First I added two 1.5 inch long layers of Scotch 700 vinyl electrical tape to the left side of the mag starting just above where it tapers. The slide now sits just a hair to the right at the top and it doesn't interfere with the slide. It also drops out of the frame fine. As I was doing this to each mag, I decided it would be easier to add the tape inside the frame on the mag rails. Don't waste your time. While it will fix the issue, for some reason the mags don't drop free. I guess the fix for Walther will be to make a left side set of Mag rails that are a bit thicker. I took it to the range and tried it out. It worked absolutely fine. I have a USPSA match today, so I'll see if the hack lasts through the day.

lperagallo 03-21-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balance (Post 1186644)
Magazine wobble should not cause a failure to extract malfunction, so I have nothing to go on in regards to that.

Explain the issue better, in full detail, explaining exactly what you see and what you have to do to clear the malfunction, and please, don't use abbreviations.

If you are having issues with a pistol, I'd suggest you send it back to the manufacturer.

But if you explain the issue here, and you get some more information about what may be going on in your pistol from the members on this forum, I'd say you have a stronger case when dealing with Walther and having them fix the issue.

Look at the first post in the thread and watch the video. It is detailed there.

lperagallo 03-21-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithwhite100 (Post 1186578)
I looked at my Q5 SF Pro, same issue with the wriggle room but no hitting mag with slide. No marks of ware and I've put at least 1500 rounds through my gun. However the mag extension on the pro version prevents me from putting any pressure on the mag when holding the gun.

I didn't have any wear that was showing but all you need to do is take out the barrel and recoil spring and put the slide back on. Then insert a mag and move the slide slowly from the rear to the front. (make sure to hold down the slide release). If your mag doesn't hit the slide then you don't have the problem. Mine hit the slide on all mags. I also purchased some PPQ M2 10 round mags (Mass compliant) and they did the same. I added hack posted above and the slide no longer contacted the mags. It looks like all that needs to be done is to design the slide ramps (part 55) on the left side of the frame to be a bit thicker to kick the mag to the right.

chandler5566 03-21-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lperagallo (Post 1186744)

The video creator actually discusses several issues. First involves the grip which he incorrectly states is much wider on the SF vs the Q5 Match. Both models have a 1.3" width. However, the Q5 Match has the standard M2 grip which has the finger indentations which are not found on the SF. I'm certain it is the cause of the difference he feels.

Next he mentions an issue which he describes as intermittent FTE. Then he proceeds to describe a third issue.

Final issue involves the freedom of movement of the magazine that he believes creates greater resistance to slide movement. He does not equate the magazine issue to the FTE issue.

Balance's comments were directed to the FTE problem. Of course if anyone has a concern about the magazine motion that too should be directed to Ft Smith.

As I mentioned I would like to know if the magazine lateral displacement could result in a failure to lock back when the last round is fired.

balance 03-21-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Respectfully, I have, and I did. It is not detailed there.

Please, in detail, explain the malfunction you are experiencing with your pistol.

How can a loose magazine cause a failure to extract malfunction, as mentioned (but not described) in the video? Is the empty casing still in the chamber? Is there a double feed malfunction caused by the failure to extract malfunction?

Is it not a failure to extract malfunction, but the video creator used the wrong term to describe it?

Please, explain, in detail, exactly what you are experiencing in regards to this malfunction on your pistol. What is happening before and after you are firing a round? What is getting jammed up, and where? What do you have to do to clear the malfunction? I have to imagine that you created this thread to help and inform others. Please explain the malfunction you are experiencing so that you may do so, and so that we can help to determine a cause.

lperagallo 03-21-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balance (Post 1186792)
Respectfully, I have, and I did. It is not detailed there.

Please, in detail, explain the malfunction you are experiencing with your pistol.

How can a loose magazine cause a failure to extract malfunction, as mentioned (but not described) in the video? Is the empty casing still in the chamber? Is there a double feed malfunction caused by the failure to extract malfunction?

Is it not a failure to extract malfunction, but the video creator used the wrong term to describe it?

Please, explain, in detail, exactly what you are experiencing in regards to this malfunction on your pistol. What is happening before and after you are firing a round? What is getting jammed up, and where? What do you have to do to clear the malfunction? I have to imagine that you created this thread to help and inform others. Please explain the malfunction you are experiencing so that you may do so, and so that we can help to determine a cause.

Apparently you really don't believe this is possible, so I'll will try to explain my issue in detail and the hack that I used to fix it. I won't try to convince you that I know what I am talking about but here goes.

My Q5 would on occasion have a Failure to Extract. That means that rather than the case flying out of the gun, the case remained in the slide and jammed when the slide moved forward. In order to clear the jam I had to drop the mag, clear the slide since the case was caught in the slide and re-insert the mag, rack it in order to continue shooting.

After reviewing the video posted by another person, I took out the recoil spring and barrel. I put the slide back on and inserted a mag. I then placed the slide into the most rearward position, released the slide lock and gently moved the slide forward. The slide got stuck on the right lips of the mag. I repeated the process for all 7 mags I have and it got stuck on each mag. If the mag is getting stuck on the return trip it is dragging on it's way back so the slide may not be making it back all the way to complete extraction.

So I tried the hack of putting two layers of Scotch Vinyl electrical tape of the left side of the mag. It moved the mag to right a very small amount to the right. The slide now went back and forth without hitting the mag.

I shot a 7 stage indoor match today and had no extract issues. So my problem is now solved. I reload and I am using 135 grain plated bullets with a power factor of 135.

I hope that is enough detail to explain the issue and fix. I will be sending my findings to Walther.

imaoldfart 03-21-2019 09:32 PM

From your description above, your not having a failure to extract, your having a failure to eject.

Do you have this problem with 'factory' ammo, or just your reloads?

RoanokeReloader 03-22-2019 06:38 AM

I'm reposting my post from enos forum regarding same video.
I'm having FTE as well, shows up every 100-150 rounds as double feed with empty case loose in the chamber. Have the same loose mags pushing to left, same witness mark on slide, but no noticeable mark on mags. Not clear to me how the slide interference would cause my double feed, but certainly can see that it could interfere with cycling forward, which is a critical step with this pistol needing to cock the striker spring at the end of forward movement. To try to fix the failures to extract before seeing your post, I increased tension on the extractor, noticed it was straight, while the same part on PPQ M2 had a little curve along the tail. Added a slight curve. No further issue seen in next 500 rounds. Testing tension by having extractor hold onto a round seemed to be fine before adjustment, however. Was just about to send it back to Walther.

Looking at my CZ SP-01 Shadow Custom, would note it had various surfaces rounded down from factory by the custom shop to improve function. Looking the same place as the witness mark, both corners of that portion of the CZ slide are ground down much more than you are showing. Only a slight amount of wiggle play in the CZ mags. Possible solution, but would prefer deeper mag guides.

lperagallo 03-22-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaoldfart (Post 1186858)
From your description above, your not having a failure to extract, your having a failure to eject.

Do you have this problem with 'factory' ammo, or just your reloads?

While I am no gunsmith, to me, the ejection of the case is part of extraction.

This has happened with my 135 Grain, plated, 135 power factor reloads and 147 grain Speer factory ammo.

chandler5566 03-22-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lperagallo (Post 1186896)
While I am no gunsmith, to me, the ejection of the case is part of extraction.

This has happened with my 135 Grain, plated, 135 power factor reloads and 147 grain Speer factory ammo.

Technically extraction is removal of the fired case from the chamber. That is followed by ejection as OF indicated.

The info regarding ammo type is also important and is part of the "detail" Balance was asking for.

I am still interested in having a SF owner do some testing to see if that magazine motion is sufficient to cause it to bypass the slide lock tab.

Misfire 03-22-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaoldfart (Post 1186858)

It looks to me like both lperagallo and RoanokeReloader are having Double Feed malfunctions due to Failure To Extract. (Because RoanokeReloader explicitly mentioned Double Feed and Iperagallo said he had to pull the mag out).

None of them said that the slide didn't fully go into battery and that the firearm did not fire when the trigger was pressed (Failure To Extract), and that they then tried to rack the slide which led to a Double Feed issue. But perhaps this is what happened.

lperagallo and RoanokeReloader, could you clarify?

balance 03-22-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Apparently you really don't believe this is possible, so I'll will try to explain my issue in detail and the hack that I used to fix it. I won't try to convince you that I know what I am talking about but here goes.

Relax. I'm trying to help here.

Whether this is an extraction issue or an ejection issue is an important distinction. The reason why I'm trying to get as much information as possible is because if this really was an extraction issue, I'd advise looking elsewhere for the cause of the problem. I had a hard time imagining how a loose mag could cause extraction issues. RoanokeReloader (post #16) could have put a hundred pieces of tape in the magwell and his issue still would have been there.

It seems like what you have is a failure to eject issue. This makes a lot more sense. I'd contact Walther and inform them of the issue.

Quote:

It looks to me like both lperagallo and RoanokeReloader are having Double Feed malfunctions due to Failure To Extract. (Because RoanokeReloader explicitly mentioned Double Feed and Iperagallo said he had to pull the mag out).
The "FTE" abbreviation can be used for either one of the issues mentioned above, whether it is a failure to extract, or a failure to eject, so it isn't as descriptive as it seems, and it doesn't really help much when trying to diagnose issues with pistols. Same with "FTF". There are different steps to finding and diagnosing issues if the problem is a failure to feed issue, just as there are different steps to diagnosing issues if there is a failure to fire issue.

These abbreviations mostly lead to more confusion rather than helping to describe the issue.

I'm pretty sure the OP is having failure to eject issues, while RoanokeReloader is having failure to extract issues. It is much easier to understand when people stop using those abbreviations, and just describe the issue.

Lucky for the OP, that somebody uploaded a youtube video on the same day that he created this thread, but unfortunately, the uploader used the wrong term to describe the issue as well. I was just trying to get some clarity as well, and help the OP if I could.

RoanokeReloader 03-22-2019 09:00 PM

I cannot tell whether the extractor was the issue vs the loose mag and interference affected my double feeds, which were slide open with empty brass loose in chamber with new round jammed trying to feed leaving slide partially open. Had to drop mag, close slide, rack out empty round. Used factory 17lb recoil spring, Sprinco recoil red and white spring system, and SSGR 13# 1911 5” flat wire springs all with similar double feed frequencies using Fed 150 Syntech and 132 power factor 124gr reloads. None since adjusting extractor, but only 500 rounds. I need few thousand rounds with no flaws before calling this good, otherwise just statistics. Random bouncing of loose mags could still be an issue.

My ejected rounds all hit back of ejection port window based on brass marks there, Walther Arms confirms this is what they see on Q5 SF they have seen, marked ejector hits case on the inside tip of the ejector, seems to be at same ejector angle and profile contacting case vs my PPQ, which has no problems. PPQ also show similar brass markings on the back wall of the port.

RoanokeReloader 03-22-2019 09:12 PM

Separate possible issue is I noted stepped ring marks on fired brass from Q5 SF, also bulge above base measuring 0.394”, not sure if I have a tight or short chamber, but will not go into battery on a couple of out of spec Win reload cases 0.360” length (normal spec 0.354” max). See stepped rings and bulge also on low power Fed 150 Syntech loads. Never saw this with PPQ.

balance 03-22-2019 11:55 PM

Quote:

I cannot tell whether the extractor was the issue vs the loose mag and interference affected my double feeds, which were slide open with empty brass loose in chamber with new round jammed trying to feed leaving slide partially open.
Again, I don't see how a loose mag could cause a double feed malfunction. Please explain what you mean exactly by "empty brass loose in chamber". Do you mean that there is still empty brass that hasn't been completely extracted from the chamber, or do you mean that there is still empty brass that hasn't been ejected from the ejection port?

A double feed malfunction normally involves a live round from the mag trying to feed into the chamber either after a live round was already fed in it, or an empty casing has not been fully extracted from it. Normally, nothing is "loose" in this scenario.

No amount of friction from the magazine could cause the casing to stick in the chamber, or the extractor to lose hold of the rim of the cartridge/casing. If the slide moved far enough to the rear to pick up the next cartridge, then it moved far enough to the rear to eject the empty casing out of the ejection port. Failure to extract malfunctions usually cause double feed malfunctions, unless the failure occurs on the last round in the mag. It is possible to get a double feed malfunction if you incorrectly clear a stovepipe or failure to eject malfunction.

jsglano12 03-23-2019 11:38 PM

Im really sorry to hear about this and as your video goes it surely looks like a legit problem, but could it be a factory manufacturing issue ? I just have not seen this anywhere else or any other videos, reports etc, except from this forum.

RoanokeReloader 03-24-2019 09:05 AM

"
Quote:

Originally Posted by balance (Post 1187038)
Again, I don't see how a loose mag could cause a double feed malfunction. Please explain what you mean exactly by "empty brass loose in chamber". Do you mean that there is still empty brass that hasn't been completely extracted from the chamber, or do you mean that there is still empty brass that hasn't been ejected from the ejection port?

A double feed malfunction normally involves a live round from the mag trying to feed into the chamber either after a live round was already fed in it, or an empty casing has not been fully extracted from it. Normally, nothing is "loose" in this scenario.

No amount of friction from the magazine could cause the casing to stick in the chamber, or the extractor to lose hold of the rim of the cartridge/casing. If the slide moved far enough to the rear to pick up the next cartridge, then it moved far enough to the rear to eject the empty casing out of the ejection port. Failure to extract malfunctions usually cause double feed malfunctions, unless the failure occurs on the last round in the mag. It is possible to get a double feed malfunction if you incorrectly clear a stovepipe or failure to eject malfunction.

[/I]"

Balance, was just as I said. Fired brass in chamber, loose, can tilt the gun and it moves around, next round being picked up by slide bar/breechface, but new round not touching the back of the fired case, instead underneath it. Middle of mag on average. Never had something like this before myself, either. Will take a photo if I see it again.

My current theory is that slide goes back enough to pick up next round, but fired case doesn't get fully ejected because not enough force going back. Note that I am using reduced powered loads and springs typical for speed shooting competition. Fired case gets free of extractor, but doesn't clear the gun, or bounces off the back of the ejection port and surprisingly back into the chamber. Above my level of understanding. Sounds magical, until you've seen 8 of them identical.

Never had a case not extract, as in jammed in the chamber and extractor won't pick it up. In above scenario, have to lock back slide, drop mag and either jiggle out round, or close slide and rack it out (yes, bad on extractor, but this is in the middle of timed competition so you are just trying to get the dang thing running, and racking out a double feed is otherwise a pretty standard reflex). Dropping slide picks up the previously loose case and ejects it just fine if racking it out.

Interesting problem, but if different recoil spring, ammo or extractor tweak fixed it, doesn't matter, I'm back in action. Thanks for your interest.

Misfire 03-24-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoanokeReloader (Post 1187272)
Will take a photo if I see it again.

Please take full videos of it from different angles with flashlight on, if possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoanokeReloader (Post 1187272)
Interesting problem, but if different recoil spring, ammo or extractor tweak fixed it, doesn't matter, I'm back in action. Thanks for your interest.

I think it does matter a lot, because it may affect not just you but everyone else who buys a Q5 SF in the near future (like me). :) So even if you're now back in action, exact details on what happened and what modifications you have done before and after the malfunctions still matters to everywhere else...

I'm sure there's gotta be some baby issues with the initial manufacturing of this new hand gun, and I'd like to hear about as many potential issues as possible so I can thoroughly test them myself before my upcoming 30-day trial period ends.

keithwhite100 03-25-2019 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm having the same issue and here is a picture. I can a lot more detail later just don't have time now. Four jams all the same of 200 shots. Seems to jam only after first shot of mag loaded with 10 rounds. Running 115 grain loded with 3.6 grain tight group, been using this load for a long time now. Have SpringCo recoil spring low power factor (white). Same issue with this and the factory spring. Q5 SF Pro, the mag hitting the slide, is not the issue, I looked. Jams on three different mags, all the same.

imaoldfart 03-25-2019 11:30 AM

Thanks for the picture Ken. Can you set up a camera to capture one of these events in super slow motion? :D Couldn't help it, had to ask. Would love to see this in slow motion.

In any event, the cartridge is still partially in the chamber. So, did it just make it that far and the claw slipped off? Or, did it make it almost all the way and bounce back forward? Or, crap, IDK.

Bottom line is, it didn't get ejected. So, did it actually make it back for enough for the ejector to hit the rim of the case? I'm thinking NOT. WHY?

How bout this, coat rear of all the cases with machinist dye. Go shoot them puppies. Afterwords, look at the rear of each case to see where it hit the ejector. THEN, if you are lucky enough to have another failure (like in your picture), examine THAT case to see if there is a mark left by the ejector, and if so, is it as deep as the other cases.......

Also, does the case that hung up (didn't eject) fit into and drop free from the chamber?

In all honesty, I'm thinking the extractor 'claw' may be slipping off the rim of the case, as someone else mentioned earlier.

This poop is really hard to diagnose without said hic-upin' pistol in hand to scrutinize.

keithwhite100 03-25-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaoldfart (Post 1187438)
Thanks for the picture Ken. Can you set up a camera to capture one of these events in super slow motion? :D Couldn't help it, had to ask. Would love to see this in slow motion.

In any event, the cartridge is still partially in the chamber. So, did it just make it that far and the claw slipped off? Or, did it make it almost all the way and bounce back forward? Or, crap, IDK.

Bottom line is, it didn't get ejected. So, did it actually make it back for enough for the ejector to hit the rim of the case? I'm thinking NOT. WHY?

How bout this, coat rear of all the cases with machinist dye. Go shoot them puppies. Afterwords, look at the rear of each case to see where it hit the ejector. THEN, if you are lucky enough to have another failure (like in your picture), examine THAT case to see if there is a mark left by the ejector, and if so, is it as deep as the other cases.......

Also, does the case that hung up (didn't eject) fit into and drop free from the chamber?

In all honesty, I'm thinking the extractor 'claw' may be slipping off the rim of the case, as someone else mentioned earlier.

This poop is really hard to diagnose without said hic-upin' pistol in hand to scrutinize.

It's Keith, but thanks for the input. Yes the case will slip out no issue. I have to drop the Mag, and then rack the slide and the shell pops right out. I love the idea of marking the shell and will do so as I'm going shooting in 30 minutes and will pop off 150 or so to make it happen again. I agree I don't think the claw is holding on. I have a Q5 plastic and the claw is about .002 inch deeper than the SF, is this the issue, don't know but its the only difference I can find on the ejector claw. I shoot range cases and was thinking it might be a particular case make and two of the five defects were the same but the others all different, compared specifications and measurements of the failures and could not see any real difference to all the other crap I shoot.

Taking a slow motion would be great but I'm on the range, not going to happen today, lol

Kind Regards, Keith

imaoldfart 03-25-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithwhite100 (Post 1187450)
It's Keith,

Sorry Keith, I'm really old and was dropped on my head when I was a baby.

balance 03-25-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

This seems to indicate that the issue wasn't with the mag. I'm still wondering how the empty casing was loose in the chamber if another round fed directly into it, with all of the slide pushing against both.

Quote:

Q5 SF Pro, the mag hitting the slide, is not the issue, I looked.
None of the explanations in this thread make any sense to me. Hopefully someone gets to the bottom of this and finds out exactly what's going on here. But if I hear double feed malfunctions, the last thing I'm thinking about is the magazine.

keithwhite100 03-25-2019 10:32 PM

I love the idea of marking the shell and will do so as I'm going shooting in 30 minutes and will pop off 150 or so to make it happen again.

I went to the range this afternoon and marked some shells and went through 100 but had no jams. Had two other guns I worked on and had to shoot them some. Will contiune to work this and update you folks.

Thanks, Keith

upsman 03-26-2019 01:10 PM

MR White have you tried different brands of factory ammo? And if so does this jam happen still?

Stock05 03-26-2019 09:04 PM

I have 2 Walther pro steel frames. One has no issues. The other has had feed/ejection issues from the start. Looks like this is a real problem since others are experiencing the same problems.

I am disappointed in the gun due to feed issues, grip size and the trigger. Never had an issue with the polymer q5.

Widget23 03-26-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stock05 (Post 1187682)
I have 2 Walther pro steel frames. One has no issues. The other has had feed/ejection issues from the start.

Can you post pictures comparing the 2 Q5 SFs?

Davef 03-26-2019 11:14 PM

Failure to extract

I have a q5 match sf I also have had failure to extract. Case stayed in barrel the new round came in behind and jammed. My mags have a lot of movement side to side. Wonder if thicker plastic guides in gun would help tighten them up a little?

Stock05 03-27-2019 01:07 AM

I can’t post any pictures of the malfunctioning gun. I got rid of it a few days ago.

imaoldfart 03-27-2019 07:12 AM

I've got a standing offer of $500 for one of those sputterin' Q5 SF's.

I need a new project.

chandler5566 03-27-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaoldfart (Post 1187722)
I've got a standing offer of $500 for one of those sputterin' Q5 SF's.

Were you wearing your glasses when you wrote the offer amount?:D Just trying to get out in front of 1917?

keithwhite100 03-27-2019 08:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by upsman (Post 1187594)
MR White have you tried different brands of factory ammo? And if so does this jam happen still?

No I only shoot my loads with range ammo. I have a Q5 and Q5 SF Pro and will be taking some in-depth readings around the grab claw on both. Never had this issue on the Q5. I also had issues with some failures on the SF due to low power loads and the factory spring but the Springco upgrade with low power factor spring took care of the othe isses. The picture below is the one remaining issue left to solve. Oh, btw I'm making a new grip as the factory one on the SF is to large for my hands and Walter seems not care about this issue. I will post pictures and the size of my new grip when completed. I'm in the final stage now with selecting the coating.

So tomorrow morning I'm going to range and will see if I can get more data. I will also take the detailed measurements tomorrow morning and try to post results by days end.