Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2019, 09:18 AM   #131

highhope .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahr6912 View Post
great comments. I'm looking to purchase this:
WALTHER PPQ M2 Q5 MATCH SF PRO 9MM PISTOL - 2830418
wondered if you had any thoughts about reliability?
this whole post is about q5 sf reliability......
highhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 07-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #132

highhope .22
Bought a heaiver extractor spring from Keith, shot about 1200 rounds (round nose flat nose, coated, plated, FMJ etc....)no FTE anymore.....
Old 07-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #133
Banned

balance .22
Quote:
Bought a heaiver extractor spring from Keith, shot about 1200 rounds (round nose flat nose, coated, plated, FMJ etc....)no FTE anymore.....
Any chance we can get a few side-by-side pictures of the factory and aftermarket springs?
balance is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2019, 08:22 AM   #134

highhope .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
Any chance we can get a few side-by-side pictures of the factory and aftermarket springs?
Here it is. Factory spring on the left, extra power on the right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11111.jpg (69.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 AM   #135
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Thanks for your R&D. But, who is Keith? And, is there a part number for that replacement spring? What was the replacement spring originally used in/for?

I'm only asking because others may be experiencing the same issue and they might want to pick up one of those springs.

It could be the information I'm seeking is buried in the previous 13 pages....idk.
szhttm01 likes this.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #136
Banned

balance .22
Quote:
Thanks for your R&D. But, who is Keith? And, is there a part number for that replacement spring? What was the replacement spring originally used in/for?
"Keith" is forum member "keithwhite100". He's been posting on this thread, and has stated that he would be selling this heavier aftermarket spring to forum members here to fix this issue. He has not publicly stated where he has gotten this spring.

I put it out there earlier on this thread that I've spoken to a 99-series pistol armorer who has told me that on 99-series pistols, Walther used to advise using a P99 mag release spring as the extractor spring if there were extractor tension issues. The P99 mag release spring was heavier than the factory extractor spring years ago when he was an armorer for a local PD that issued SW99 pistols.

Has anyone with a PPQ SF compared part numbers, or tried substituting the extractor spring for the P99 or PPQ M1 mag release spring?
Old 07-11-2019, 09:43 AM   #137
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Oh (smack myself in the head), thanks for the info.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:08 AM   #138

highhope .22
Thank you so much sir.
Is the ppq m2 mag release spring the same as P99/PPQ m1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
"Keith" is forum member "keithwhite100". He's been posting on this thread, and has stated that he would be selling this heavier aftermarket spring to forum members here to fix this issue. He has not publicly stated where he has gotten this spring.

I put it out there earlier on this thread that I've spoken to a 99-series pistol armorer who has told me that on 99-series pistols, Walther used to advise using a P99 mag release spring as the extractor spring if there were extractor tension issues. The P99 mag release spring was heavier than the factory extractor spring years ago when he was an armorer for a local PD that issued SW99 pistols.

Has anyone with a PPQ SF compared part numbers, or tried substituting the extractor spring for the P99 or PPQ M1 mag release spring?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #139
Banned

balance .22
Quote:
Is the ppq m2 mag release spring the same as P99/PPQ m1?
I'm not sure. I've never taken apart an M2 mag release to take a look.

I'd suggest comparing part numbers.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:56 AM   #140

keithwhite100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post

I'm only asking because others may be experiencing the same issue and they might want to pick up one of those springs.

It could be the information I'm seeking is buried in the previous 13 pages....idk.

Hi, Let me introduce myself, i'm a retired technology leader that worked for Procter and Gamble for 30 years. I have designed both consumer products and high technology machines that product consumer products. My primary focus was on machine design, reliability and quality production.

I started shooting 4 years back and quickly got into reloading and shooting for fun with many different guns and platforms.

So when I purchased my new Walther SF I was somewhat disappointed that I had an issue with FTE from day one. So, I did what I've done my whole life, set out to fix the issue. I used this forum to gain experience from others thinking there would be a fast solution to the issue. Well not so, it has taken me countless hours and thousands of rounds and money to come to what I believe is the best solution to the issue my gun had. And based on this forum I was not alone.

The spring I developed to resolve this issue is not a shelf item, it's not sold by any gun manufacture and has to be special ordered in minimal order batches.

Based on my time and efforts I'm happy to sell any person a spring but I will not be publishing the specifications.

Feel free to send me an email to further discuss at [email protected]. or send me a private message. I'm offering the springs at 10 dollars each and if you order 5 or more I will sell for a reduced price. Not trying to make money but rather get back my investment at this time. I don't have a web site and don't have plans to develop one as I love my free time and retirement at this point in life.

What I can't understand is why Walther has not responded to this issue as I'm sure they read this forum. I also know there are many factors that will create this issue and most gun users will never experience a problem or if they do it's so infrequent that will just clear the issue and move on. Having a career in manufacturing I understand the complexity of standardization and difficulty of making changes to products already released into the market, however this is a serious issue and will not go away so the sooner they address this the better.

Kind regards, Keith
Misfire, szhttm01 and Liggett like this.
keithwhite100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page
extractor on walther ppq q5
extractor spring q5 match
issues with walther q5 match sf
problems with walther ppq q5
prpblems with new walther pp q5 steel frame
walther ppq 5 steel ejection problems
walther ppq m2 mag won't do into q 5 steel frame
walther ppq q5 steel frame

walther ppq replacement slide

walther q-5 sf magazines
walther q5 match sf feeding issue

walther q5 sf failure to extract

Click on a term to search for related topics.