WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2019, 09:34 PM   #121

keithwhite100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoanokeReloader View Post
Increasing extractor tension seemed to help me. I tried by applying a slight bend, but another suggested this is the wrong approach, as the type of metal of the extractor does not allow for that. Using a stiffer extractor spring will accomplish the same result, and is easier to replace, if needed.

I had a similar extraction jam after my "fix" of bending it a couple of thousand rounds later, am very interested in trying a stiffer spring. I don't tolerate any of those malfunctions in my competition rig. The spring switch seems to be a better solution. Thanks for sharing that.

I had theorized that the loose mag fit was interfering with extraction in some way, but would like to see how this mod does, as there is not an easy way to adjust those mag guides.
Let me know if I can help, I know your feeling when it james, it just sucks and stops you dead in your tracks.
keithwhite100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-26-2019, 01:10 PM   #122

keithwhite100 .22
Put 300 more rounds through the SF this morning trying out my new 1 moa Trijicon SRO sight. Loveing it now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0626191109_1561569020594.jpg (61.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 06-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #123
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Awesome! What height front sight are you using?
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #124

keithwhite100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
Awesome! What height front sight are you using?
Well, I just ordered a second set to bring it up a little as the one you see was installed with the type 2 optic. The SRO optic window is so big I wanted to bring it up some. The one I just ordered is .480 tall and .100 wide.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:53 PM   #125
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
OK, thanks.....just wondering. I believe I used a .415 on one of my Q's I had milled for a Delta Point Pro.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:57 PM   #126

Misfire .22
Ok guys, I got my first malfunction with my Q5 SF during today's match.

I was trying some hand-loaded match ammo for the first time - 147 gr, ~133 power factor. I had used it for about 40 rounds when the slide didn't go into battery, I racked (with mag still in) and got a double feed. Didn't have time to see exactly what happened.

Several others at the match was using the exact same hand-loaded ammo and didn't have any problems with their pistols.

The rest of the match I used my regular 124 gr Blazer factory ammo with no problems.

It seems like the Q5 SF is indeed very picky. If a new extractor spring fixes it for me too, I want one!
Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:20 PM   #127

balance .22
Quote:
I was trying some hand-loaded match ammo for the first time - 147 gr, ~133 power factor. I had used it for about 40 rounds when the slide didn't go into battery, I racked (with mag still in) and got a double feed. Didn't have time to see exactly what happened.
If it was just one round, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd be more concerned about what caused the failure to feed rather than the failure to extract. It may have been a bad round of ammunition.

It would be better to hold onto the cartridge/casing if possible if this happens again.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:09 PM   #128

crmcdm .22
I posted the same malfunctions others were seeing earlier. I have found as long as power factor is >135 I haven't had any additional issues. I do have to watch my mags...with Springer extension and grams followers I get a reloadable 22; 23 will fit but reloading it into a loaded chamber is a no go. With TTI extensions and the factory follower I get 21. Once gun, I just have to work on me.
crmcdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:04 AM   #129

highhope .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwhite100 View Post

So the only solution with my issue was to increase the holding force of the extractor. After detailed inspections of the claw I could see not real way to improve on the design. So my only option was to increase the extractor spring force. So after a lot of looking and testing I came up with a spring which added about 1 additional pound of force on the extractor. I tried higher but then I started to scar the case and it became harder for the extractor to engage the loading case.

Fully Ejected, Keith White
Thank you so much Keith for your test. May I ask what spring (add 1 pound) and where did you buy it? thank you again.
szhttm01 likes this.
highhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:43 PM   #130

ahr6912 .22
great comments. I'm looking to purchase this:
WALTHER PPQ M2 Q5 MATCH SF PRO 9MM PISTOL - 2830418
wondered if you had any thoughts about reliability?
ahr6912 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page
extractor on walther ppq q5
extractor spring q5 match
ppq sf failure to extract issue
ppq steel frame match
problems with walther ppq q5
prpblems with new walther pp q5 steel frame
walther ppq 5 steel ejection problems
walther ppq m2 mag won't do into q 5 steel frame
walther ppq q5 steel frame

walther ppq replacement slide

walther q5 match sf feeding issue

walther q5 sf failure to extract

Click on a term to search for related topics.