WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #21

keithwhite100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsman View Post
I will be meeting with Walther in 3 weeks ,maybe they will give me some better time estimates on the grips and expert trigger. I will post ASAP.
Huge favor, tell Walther to make more grips and sell them, we can size to our need. Answer I got that all were going into production is BS, you can mold as many as you need in a week.
keithwhite100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-20-2019, 11:38 AM   #22
LFX

LFX .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwhite100 View Post
Seriously Walther, I'm still waiting for a smaller grip for the wonderful SF. Yes it's a fantastic gun, however, I can't enjoy it as the man paw grip that is standard makes shooting the magnificent gun a pain. So how long will it take to make a new mold and shoot some new grips. Why is it taking so long? For crying out loud, how long can it take a room full of German Engineers to modify the shape of a grip? Here is an engineering tip, the q5 small grip is perfect for me, just duplicate it. In fact, I would purchase anybody's new smaller grip design that fits the Q5 SF. Are you going to make us wait another 3 months? Stop work on the new trigger and get the grip done.

Kind regards,
Small Hand Luke
I picked up a set of LOK Grips to see if that helped. They dont fit my Q5 SF very well and Blake was great at LOK Grip with suggestions, but after all that fiddling around I've got a grip screw that is getting stripped. It's part # 2830493 but I can't find out where I can pick up replacements. Anybody know the specs for somewhere like Monsterbolts.com or where I can get replacements?
LFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:33 PM   #23

keithwhite100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFX View Post
I picked up a set of LOK Grips to see if that helped. They dont fit my Q5 SF very well and Blake was great at LOK Grip with suggestions, but after all that fiddling around I've got a grip screw that is getting stripped. It's part # 2830493 but I can't find out where I can pick up replacements. Anybody know the specs for somewhere like Monsterbolts.com or where I can get replacements?
I purchased a Lok Grip and it arrived Monday, it fit very nicely to my gun, no problems at all. I wish it was smaller, about the same size as the original but feels really nice. The material is strange almost brittle, sticks to the hand very nicely.

https://www.mcmaster.com/92095A471, check this screw size out, I think its a replacement but not positive, very close, but not exact but need to verify the thread size before using.

Still waiting for a smaller grip, Small hands, Keithwhite100

Old 08-20-2019, 11:21 PM   #24

Misfire .22
I also want smaller grips for my Q5 SF.

The current grip is not too bad, and I even made it larger by adding a rubber sleeve. It works ok. But then I shot my PPQ M2 the other day which reminded me that I do like smaller grips.
Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:44 PM   #25

upsman .22
I received the new LOK Bogie grips last week. They have way better grip and better feel for the position of the gun in hand. They are a little bit smaller,mainly because they don't have the palm swell areas like the stock ones. My wife says that they would be perfect if bigger,so she will wait on LOK to make the larger size.Can't see how anyone needs smaller grips.The need for area to place your support hand palm is what helps in recoil control. As long as you can reach the trigger correctly.
upsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:01 PM   #26

Liggett .22
Used to LOK and VZ on 1911's I'm actually surprised how comfortable the stock SF grip feels to me, but I'd like to try keithwhite100's grips! I to have small hands. I'm up for trying the "thin" Bogies from LOK if he ever makes any.
Liggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:13 PM   #27

Dukes4aces .22
Not sure if u guys saw these.....looks pretty sexy. What I didn't glean was who makes them. https://youtu.be/7olEDwq99sM
I think I fast-forwarded through where he said lok.

Last edited by Dukes4aces; 08-21-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Dukes4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:29 AM   #28

Misfire .22
Ooo, those must just have come out! I didn't see those variants when I looked last week.

The one with the blue line looks really nice! Maybe I should... Upsman, you say they're a little bit smaller than the stock grip? A little thinner?
Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:10 AM   #29

keithwhite100 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsman View Post
My wife says that they would be perfect if bigger,so she will wait on LOK to make the larger size.Can't see how anyone needs smaller grips.The need for area to place your support hand palm is what helps in recoil control. As long as you can reach the trigger correctly.
Well I guess I don't have Sasquatch hands like some others. We are all different so one size does not fit all.

My wife has tinny hands, my daughter has even smaller hands, and yes a smaller grip is needed for us to reach the trigger correctly. Same reason some of us needs a ladder to reach the top kitchen cabinet.

Loving my small hands, Keithwhite100
Old 08-22-2019, 07:16 AM   #30

keithwhite100 .22
Walter grip update

So I called Walter yesterday to check if I could purchase a replacement grip for my gun so I could modify it to even a smaller size.

No luck, Nothing available, had no idea when it would be. In fact, Walter sales stated they had very few replacement parts, only the ones that fit other models.

I inquired regarding smaller grips, nothing at all, had no idea when or if it was ever coming out?

Keithwhite100

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPQ

Search tags for this page

modify ppq q5 sf trigger

walther ppq sf grip

walther q5 sf expert trigger

Click on a term to search for related topics.