New Recoil Spring Type? - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2020, 03:23 PM   #11

Wildtoad .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cratervanawesome View Post
Are you sure about that (Easy way first on the spring)? I've always been told the tighter end should go on first, holding the spring in place while the portion that is expected to move/compress can do so more easily.
You have been told correctly and that is exactly how it is on my 380. There is no doubt which end is which.

The spring that came with my NIB PPK/S .22 did (does) not seem to have smaller/bigger end, but if it does is such a small difference to be noticeable. I did order a replacement spring from Walther and the spring they sent does have a smaller/bigger end and like the 380 you know which end is correct.

Tom

Walther (2009) PPK .380, (2013) PPK/S .22, Ruger (2017) LCP .380, Henry (2017) Mares Leg .22
Wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #12

cratervanawesome .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildtoad View Post
You have been told correctly and that is exactly how it is on my 380. There is no doubt which end is which.

The spring that came with my NIB PPK/S .22 did (does) not seem to have smaller/bigger end, but if it does is such a small difference to be noticeable. I did order a replacement spring from Walther and the spring they sent does have a smaller/bigger end and like the 380 you know which end is correct.

Tom
Gotcha. The way you wrote it I interpreted it as you were speaking about the .380 easy end should go first. Sounded like a recipe for a jam :-) But yeah my .22 is a later one that has the little leg to help orientation.
cratervanawesome is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Search tags for this page

walther ppk/s recoil spring

Click on a term to search for related topics.