PPK/S 22LR Range Report - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #21

Wildtoad .22
It looks like you have all the parts based on looking at mine. Only you can make the call as to do you try fixing it, have a smith do it, or find a Walther service center. From what I see, there is a channel on the left side of the slide (as you look at the slide upside down). The order in which they go in is ball, spring, rod with the curved side out, and then the extractor.

Good luck.

Walther (2009) PPK .380, (2013) PPK/S .22, Ruger (2017) LCP .380, Henry (2017) Mares Leg .22
Wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-01-2019, 05:40 PM   #22

milans .22
I pick all together, but I am afraid to fire 😔 what if I lose parts again, on dry fire works, and eject rounds.

milans
milans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:27 AM   #23

Wildtoad .22
You could take it to a smith or perhaps someone at a range to inspect it I guess. If you can cycle the slide and the ejects rounds properly I’d give it a go at the range. Other than that can’t help. You can get some spare parts from Walther in case it happens again. Give the gun a good cleaning, especially the chamber and give it a try with good ammo from CCI or Remington if you can get them.

As mentioned, mine did that twice but since the last time, I’ve shot several thousands of rounds and not another failure. It may happen and then I get it fixed.

Walther (2009) PPK .380, (2013) PPK/S .22, Ruger (2017) LCP .380, Henry (2017) Mares Leg .22
Wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #24

KDKSAIL .22
>>>...I pick all together, but I am afraid to fire 😔 what if I lose parts again, on dry fire works, and eject rounds...<<<

If you've a lack of confidence in your repair...then take the pistol to a competent gunsmith and have them check out the repair you've made and the pistol in general (particularly the chamber and barrel) for any other potential damage....or...it will make a novel '..paperweight..'.

On the several occasions that I've experienced or observed catastrophic 'blow-outs' in a few different .22 semi-auto pistols (Walther PPK/S, Sig Sauer 'Mosquito, Ruger SR), they've all been ammo-related....a few of which (like yours) damaged parts of the pistol. MOST of these failures have been ARMSCOR. I've never seen or heard of it occurring with CCI Mini Mags. But sorry...I'm not familiar with .22LR ammo brands commonly available in the EU.
KDKSAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:33 AM   #25

milans .22
Thanks, I will try CCI Mini Mags HV I can easy buy it here and we'll see how is going on
Old 01-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #26

JamesBondJr .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKSAIL View Post
>>>...I pick all together, but I am afraid to fire 😔 what if I lose parts again, on dry fire works, and eject rounds...<<<

If you've a lack of confidence in your repair...then take the pistol to a competent gunsmith and have them check out the repair you've made and the pistol in general (particularly the chamber and barrel) for any other potential damage....or...it will make a novel '..paperweight..'.

On the several occasions that I've experienced or observed catastrophic 'blow-outs' in a few different .22 semi-auto pistols (Walther PPK/S, Sig Sauer 'Mosquito, Ruger SR), they've all been ammo-related....a few of which (like yours) damaged parts of the pistol. MOST of these failures have been ARMSCOR. I've never seen or heard of it occurring with CCI Mini Mags. But sorry...I'm not familiar with .22LR ammo brands commonly available in the EU.

Armscor ammo is garbage. I have never ever had an issue with Golden Bullets and I dare say they're as good as any CCI.
JamesBondJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:20 AM   #27

milans .22
Please, can anybody confirm me that small steel ball is part of the gun, I can't find shematic photo of PPK/S 22.lr.

http://shrani.si/f/1I/KN/3hbkUCpn/parts.jpg

Thank you very much, milans
Old 02-02-2019, 03:12 AM   #28

milans .22
PPKS/S

Finaly I get CCI ammo and pistol works normal after 1 box without any problems, so in my case ammo makes problem.
Thanks all for help.

milans

Last edited by milans; 02-03-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Search tags for this page

ppk .22 velocitors or mini mags

Click on a term to search for related topics.