PPK/S .22cal is being discontinued? - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #21

Jimbo80 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtrader3 View Post
You are right, I am wrong. I checked and bought the stupid pistol in 2013, like anyone but me cares!!!!!!! The Forum Ninja's strike again. Oh stupid, stupid me! It is 5:30 o'clock in the stinking morning here and some Ninja fan boy is already correcting me! You can give yourselve's a very little, gold star for being so observant?

This pistol is not the crowning achievement of German engineering!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had owned two prior .32 ACP PPK's, one Nazi War Model and one commercial from the 1950's. They shot to aim, they worked and they were accurate. Now go back under your rock and I will let you know how I did before I decide to make a tent peg out of this POS pistol which is from what it has shown me, so far, would be appropriate!

Welcome to the forum!
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #22
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
It seems that a cold shower is on order for some.

A very cold shower.
Yoxford and Jaems like this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:26 AM   #23

Oldtrader3 .22
I do not need a cold shower, just a dose of communication. The first moron that I spoke to at WA told me that I was full of crap to take a fine sight with this pistol. Golly, is this some secret type of target pistol or is it a PPK, Zamack-pot-metal knock-off????? You shoot these types of pistols to POA!!!!!

I sent my PPK/S back to W.A. in Arkansas last week because with factory installed medium sights, it was shooting 11-15 inches high with FTF and stovepipe in all three magazines. So I installed the highest sight in the kit and I Dremel deburred the chamber which is also out of round but I can not get a good reading on this with my micrometer. I thoroughly cleaned, packed and sent the pistol to WA for evaluation. Service Manager is a nice fellow who wants to be helpful. I thank him for that after first CS guy blew me off with BS!

For $80. shipping, all they did was shoot it with a coarse sight, different ammo and it shot 2 inches high. Similar to my complaint? This pistol is not by anyone's reckoning a target pistol (look at the sights for openers) which indicates to me a fine sight for self defense is this pistol's only claim to fame. Plus, being an engineer, I hate ZAMACK in a gun with a purple passion, more even than MIMS!

W.A. Inc. would have fined me $40.00, for cleaning, had I had sent the pistol in to them dirty which I did not. However, they sent it back to me really dirty. I guess rules for the lazy CS reps only flow one way?

They advised Federal bulk match which I have this and some standard velocity ammo at home. Buying my .22 Rimfire in PR of Washington is like finding a new species of dinosaur in downtown Seattle!

Problem is, I want to shoot Mini Mag HP's or maybe WW 40 grain Hyper velocity for a defense possible carry gun which shoots to point of aim! I don't want to pinprick a felon around the edges with match ammo, I want to perforate him with HVHP's at POA! I will wring the gun out with what ammo that I have and decide the future of this gun?

Excuse my crappy attitude, I expected better from Walther? My old PPK .32 Walthers were the bomb. Accurate, reliable and well crafted and worked, whether built by the Nazi slaves or by Manhurin?

Last edited by Oldtrader3; 06-07-2016 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Clarity
Oldtrader3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2016, 01:46 AM   #24

KDKSAIL .22
Someone with your engineering and manufacturing background should readily recognize that *** NOT-so-minor details matter..***...like WHEN (??) you purchased your PPK/S .22LR....in determining WHICH (??) 'incarnation' of the PPK/S .22 you own---a 'new' Walther/Umarex PPK/S .22LR, introduced in 2013 or a previous era's Walther PPK/S chambered for .22LR. Miss that sort of not-so-minor detail and production can come to a screeching halt and the guy who missed it is leaving the office with a cardboard box filled with his framed family photos and other personal effects from his desk, on his way to the unemployment office. So perhaps you should award the 'gold star' yourself to the person who caught your not-so-minor inconsistency ??

If you've checked this site's threads, there are ammo-sensitivity issues, common to most .22LR semi-autos that also effect the Walther PPK/S as well. So your problems may well be ammo-related rather than pistol related. Just because a particular ammo gone well through on pistol; doesn't mean that it will go as well in another.

The sights on the Walther/Umarex PPK/S also leave a lot to be desired. I've found that painting the 'back' of the front sight and two, thin vertical 'stripes' on the rear sight with high-visiblilty color helps a lot in picking up and holding a proper sight-picture.
KDKSAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:38 AM   #25

Wildtoad .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKSAIL View Post
The sights on the Walther/Umarex PPK/S also leave a lot to be desired. I've found that painting the 'back' of the front sight and two, thin vertical 'stripes' on the rear sight with high-visiblilty color helps a lot in picking up and holding a proper sight-picture.
Yes sir.... Black gun, black sights, dimly lit indoor range, and a black target is really tough to site in for a pair of old eyes. Gotta get me some paint.
P22shooter likes this.
Wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:41 AM   #26

Oldtrader3 .22
Thank you for the welcome, Jimbo!!!

KDKSAIL: I know which version of what I have for all of the dozen or so handguns plus several or many rifles that I own. What I don't know, is having no idea who you are, acting so superior and criticizing me. Developing a sense of humor and growing up (a little) might help you be a little less lecture prone and judgmental though! Who in the hell are you to lecture me? What are your stellar life achievements which make you Atlas? You have me at an information disadvantage there, since you told me nothing about yourself?

Actually, I can tell you the day that I bought it, how much I paid for it, where I bought it, who the clerk was........... I can even read (surprise?) and see the proofmarks. Hmm, made in Germany! I can despite having lung cancer and am in the process of dying from Bronchiectasis, my FEV (breathing ability is 18% and falling. That is why I am up at 4:00 AM doing this. However, I also actually shoot, walk and chew gum, all at the same time!!!! My 72 year old eyes do have issues with these $17. apiece, microscopic, plastic, black sights though on a black gun!

It is always some 17 year old on these forums who doses me with this non-platitudinous nonsense and thinks that my feeble attempts at humor are ignorance. Who are you, my man, so spic and span?

Last edited by Oldtrader3; 06-07-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:28 AM   #27
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtrader3 View Post
My old PPK .32 Walthers were the bomb. Accurate, reliable and well crafted and worked ...
You've identified your own solution. Get yourself a real, original German- or French-made pistol in .22 and have some fun with it. It will save a lot of barking and baying on the internet.
Milspec likes this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:07 AM   #28

Jimbo80 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
You've identified your own solution. Get yourself a real, original German- or French-made pistol in .22 and have some fun with it. It will save a lot of barking and baying on the internet.
I still thank my lucky star for making me stop at a local pawn shop while on my way to buy the "new" PPK/S .22. Sitting in the case I found a French made version (Walther marked) .22 PPK/S with the box, papers, and 4 mags for only $100 more than the new one. The only thing about the gun that I could possibly complain about is that it isn't a PPK (poor me).
searcher451 likes this.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #29

Jaems .22
I found, if you are not happy about a weapon you purchased. Then you need to sell/trade it in for something you are happy with. Complaining to everyone will not change your feelings about the purchase.

Personally I have no problems with this weapon. It does what it was intended for, plucking. It is not for shooting 1" groups at 100m. But it will bounce cans at 80m. You just have to learn the Hickok45 windage adjustment for this weapon. Just like I had to do, back in the day, on my issued 1911.

If you want a all steel Walther .22LR then go here:

Walther, Simpson Ltd

They even have some used for match shooting. The French Manurhin are first, then some rifles then some of the German/French ones. Most will be PP's, the PPK are harder to find.
Milspec likes this.
Jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #30

Oldtrader3 .22
I am going to take my PPK/S back to the range during the next couple days and shake it out more. I was also having some FTF and stovepipe issues. The pistol has only had maybe (50) rounds through it. The back edges of the chamber had some sharp burrs hanging when I bought the gun which I have removed. It needs to be shot some more to see if it will settle down, feed and eject reliably. Function will be the criteria for whether I keep it or not, as much as (7) yard accuracy.

I have two brands of Target ammo and three types of HV ammo to try. I will find out what shoots accurately and what does not. Plus, what shoots where and go from there. If it will not absolutely feed a full magazine nearly all of the time, I won't keep the pistol.

I did not necessarily want a PPK/S, per se. I wanted a .22LR pocket pistol and had had good luck with the older PP's which I had owned. This, realizing fully well that nothing is the same anymore.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Search tags for this page
are walther ppks 22 discontinued
bersa thunder 22 gander mountain
do new ppk/s come with a threaded barrel

is the walther ppk discontinued

ppk/s 22lr for sale

walther ppk .22 discontinued

walther ppk discontinued

walther ppk frame material

walther ppk will be discontinued

walther ppk/s 22lr

walther ppk/s discontinued?

walther ppks 22lr replacement sights

Click on a term to search for related topics.