PPK/S .22cal is being discontinued? - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2016, 08:22 PM   #11
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
There's plenty of hyperbole going on here, all right. Bias, too, apparently. Let's do our best to stick to the question at hand and leave the flights of fancy for that website on constructing screenplays.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-19-2016, 09:52 PM   #12

jack092251 .22
Owning a good quality gun is a little like owning a piece of art, you need to have pride in they way it looks, feels, and is designed (as well as accuracy, and precision). With that said, the look and feel of the Walther PPK and PPK/S guns appeals to many.

I decided to buy that PPK/S 22lr (serial number @24000) that I mentioned earlier, and think it will be something I will pass on to my son with pride when the time is right.

It just has a timeless look that few pistols can compete with. I know that's a very subjective comment, but most art comments are.
jack092251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #13

Jaems .22
These PP series weapons are not for competition. Unless everyone is shooting the same type PP, or they are Jamey Bond. Only he can shoot the eye out of a fly at 3000 meters, with a PPK. The PP series was meant to kill in the 9mmk and 7.65mm. The 5.6mm was meant to practice. They did make some longer barrels ones that could be used for competition. Over here the PP in 22LR was meant for practice and plinking. Thar include the old ones and the new.

As far as a collectors item, Yes, in time. It seems they all only have a 2013 date. So they are probably only a one year production. Not because they were a bad idea or weapon.

The reps from Walther Ft. Smith, were on here all the time and read all of the negativity posting about the new PPK/S .22LR, by the purist and want to bees. I am sure there was a lot of discussion, at Walther, about this weapon and the negative impact it was having at the Walther forum.

Walther does or has listened to what was being said on this forum. They brought back the PPQ M1 after so many cried that they had to have a paddle release. They gave you the a 5" PPQ, and one in 45 cal. Because so many were crying they had to have one. They cried again because the PPQ in .22LR was not made like their other PPQ's.

So now you can pay through the nose for a original PP series 22LR, a little cheaper for a Post War copy PP series 22LR, or a cheaply priced PPK/S .22LR. Like all Walthers, they do fall under the lifetime guarantee.

Will Walther ever produce a all steel PP series .22LR, again. No, it will not be cost effective, very few will be sold, and the purist will also find something wrong with it.

Yes, there is a Santa Claus, and one day the new PPK/S .22LR will be a collectors item. It will be needed for someone to fill out their Walther collection. Just like all the other Walthers/Manurhins and even the S&W ones.
Jaems is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2016, 05:34 PM   #14

SpaceGunner .22
Doesn't BE stand for 2014. I know I've seen some with BE stamped on it. I'm sure I can even produce a picture of one.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:50 PM   #15
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Yes, BE does indeed indicate 2014.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #16

SpaceGunner .22
Then they've diffidently made some in 2014
Old 06-04-2016, 01:03 AM   #17

Oldtrader3 .22
I am still wringing my German built model PPK/S out. I have sent it back to WA for testing and they checked it out and said it is fine. I have had some FTF/stove piping and burr issues. I very lightly Dremel-deburred the sharp chamber edge burrs and am waiting to get it back for further testing. So far, it shoots high for me? Walther suggested a different ammo (Federal Auto Match) which I have a carton of and I will continue this saga when I get the PPK/S back. This pistol shoots high for me. However, most semi autos do except my Colt Mustang carry gun which is dead on.

Wish me luck. I have owned this pistol for about 5 years but never shot it until two weeks ago. It was shooting 18 inches high at first. Walther says is is shooting on target now with the high front sight?
Oldtrader3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:17 PM   #18

Jaems .22
I believe the alloy PPK/S .22LR has only been available for three years. Unless you have one of the earlier all steel ones. The later ones come with three different front sights to raise or lower your point of aim.
Jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:59 PM   #19

KDKSAIL .22
>>>...I believe the alloy PPK/S .22LR has only been available for three years...<<<

The '..new..', Zamak-alloy, WALTHER/UMAREX PPK/S .22LR was introduced/announced back in February or March, 2013.
KDKSAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #20

Oldtrader3 .22
You are right, I am wrong. I checked and bought the stupid pistol in 2013, like anyone but me cares!!!!!!! The Forum Ninja's strike again. Oh stupid, stupid me! It is 5:30 o'clock in the stinking morning here and some Ninja fan boy is already correcting me! You can give yourselve's a very little, gold star for being so observant?

The bottom line is: will the stinking pistol shoot or not. I was a Mechanical (Automation) Engineer from 1966 until 2003 retirement and rose to Director of WW Engineering and Manufacturing in a Fortune 100 company. I also have a Masters Degree, and was a SME Certified Robotics Engineer for 30 years. so back off! Plus, I also an Army Infantry Veteran and have some shooting medals in small bore and .45 ACP, both civilian and Army.

This pistol is not the crowning achievement of German engineering!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had owned two prior .32 ACP PPK's, one Nazi War Model and one commercial from the 1950's. They shot to aim, they worked and they were accurate. Now go back under your rock and I will let you know how I did before I decide to make a tent peg out of this POS pistol which is from what it has shown me, so far, would be appropriate!

Last edited by Oldtrader3; 06-06-2016 at 09:11 AM.
Oldtrader3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Search tags for this page
are walther ppks 22 discontinued
bersa thunder 22 gander mountain
do new ppk/s come with a threaded barrel

is the walther ppk discontinued

ppk/s 22lr for sale

walther ppk .22 discontinued

walther ppk discontinued

walther ppk frame material

walther ppk will be discontinued

walther ppk/s 22lr

walther ppk/s discontinued?

walther ppks 22lr replacement sights

Click on a term to search for related topics.