Brand new PPK/s .22 slide jammed - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #1

RJWest .22
Brand new PPK/s .22 slide jammed

Hello everyone...

My first time post & first time Walther owner... I bought a brand new Walther PPK/s .22 and picked it up today, took it home, stripped it, wiped down the excess oil & reassembled it... I loaded up some Traditions "snap caps" for it and proceeded to work the action & trigger... It functioned fine. With the pistol empty/mag out & pulled back the slide then released it, then moved the safety down to drop the hammer. moved the switch back up and attempted to pull the slide back & the slide only goes back 1/4" and stops... It wont go back any further. It's like somethings jams up inside preventing it from being pulled back... I removed the grips & poked around with a barrel lite, nothing... I've never seen anything like this.... any thoughts?
RJWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #2

Jimbo80 .22
My first thought would be to bring it back to where I bought it.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:05 PM   #3

RJWest .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo80 View Post
My first thought would be to bring it back to where I bought it.
Well I ordered it online from Bud's gun shop however once you sign the 4473 it's considered "used" & your's... Like I said, it functioned perfectly fine using snap caps at home, I havent even fired a round thru it...I racked the slide back, flipped the swtich down to decock/drop the hammer & flipped it back up & now the slide is locked, cant even pull it back no more than 1/4"... weird...

I sent walther C/S a emal this evening...

Old 11-02-2015, 11:17 PM   #4

RJWest .22
wow, was that frustrating but I did it... I got it to work again by flipping the safety on, cocking the hammer down all the way with my thumb while at the same time pulling the trigger back all the way & pulling the slide back I was able to pull the slide back...It took a few tries but wow...I field stripped it & did not see anything bent or damaged other than a small gouge in front of the barrel shroud where the recoil spring touches.. I'm going to take it to the range tomorrow & put a couple hundred rounds thru it to break it in... maybe that will help it out...

wish me luck!
Old 11-03-2015, 12:47 AM   #5

1917-1911M .38
Is this one of the Ft Smith marked .22 PPK/s? If so, wrong section, there is a section for the Ft. Smith Umarex pistol. It sounds like your recoil spring got caught between the barrel sleeve and muzzle of the slide. On a number of pistols the muzzle end of the spring is larger than the other end....it is made this way to stop the spring from getting jammed between the two parts. I'm not sure what the recoil spring in the Umarex version does. M1911

I had to go back and take a look myself, the new Umarex pistol section is at the top of the page you are on.....up with the FAQ section. Also two notches down under the PP section on the main Walther page.

Last edited by 1917-1911M; 11-03-2015 at 12:52 AM.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:16 AM   #6

Papahound .22
I picked up one a few months back - absolutely no problems !! Shoots great .
Let us know how she does !
Papahound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 01:16 AM   #7
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
Your post is now in the right section for the new .22LR PPK/S.

Last edited by Milspec; 11-03-2015 at 01:19 AM.
Milspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:17 AM   #8

RJWest .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
Your post is now in the right section for the new .22LR PPK/S.
My PPk/s is the Ft. Smith one... I own a Bersa Thunder .380 & the recoil spring is narrower on one end then the other however on my PPK/s .22 both ends of the spring appear to be identical. I have not noticed or felt any difference betwen either end of the spring... From what I can tell, it is a good possibility that the spring may have got caught up in there.. If I were to order a replacement recoil spring from Wolff, are their springs have the muzzle end larger?

Last edited by RJWest; 11-03-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #9
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Walther Arms generally does better with phone calls than with emails, for whatever reason. Keep in mind that the pistol carries a lifetime warranty.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #10

RJWest .22
RANGE REPORT!

Just got back in from the range.... First box I tried was Aguila "SuperExtra". Kid at the Academy told me it was high velocity but I seriously doubt that it is... It wouldn't even extract the empty.... next up was Remington 22 Thunderbolt and now the pistol came to life... Shot 100 trouble free fun filled rounds, most my wife doing the shooting. The pistol was a joy to shoot.

Last edited by RJWest; 12-18-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Search tags for this page

new ppk 22 range report

walthe ppks 22 springs
walther ppk/s 22 spring
walther ppk/s 22lr 1/4 slide
walther ppks 22 slide difficulty
Click on a term to search for related topics.