PPK/S .22 Slide Disassembly - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By leezy
  • 1 Post By Sportsman's Smith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #1

leezy .22
PPK/S .22 Slide Disassembly

Greetings to all from Knightdale, North Carolina. I been searching greatly for information on how to disassemble the PPK/S .22 slide without success. I have gotten safely through complete disassembly of the frame and it is now cleaned and lubed to my satisfaction. It was very greased up.
I would now like to do the same with the slide but cannot figure out how it comes apart. The one hex set screw came out easily but I can't tell what the next step/s are. The schematic on this forum was not helpful in that regard and all other info I could find is aimed toward the 380 PPK/S slide.
I didn't find any info on this forum though my searches could be at fault nor any indication that this is a frowned upon topic. So if anyone could offer some insight I would be very much appreciative. Thanks so much for your time and consideration.
Lee
leezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
Did something break? Why take it apart further than the manual says? I'd get some polymer safe Gun Scrubber, a can of compressed air, and a spray can of BreakFree. Use the little tube to blast out and lube everything. I've never needed to tear mine apart and it's clean.

Last edited by Milspec; 04-07-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Milspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #3

leezy .22
Thanks for the quick reply Milspec. There is nothing broken on the slide, I am curious how it comes apart. The wisdom of this curiosity can be debated but I would still like to know. This little 22 is a beautiful piece of work and I am not going to ruin it out of complete ignorance, maybe partial ignorance but never complete.
Lee

Old 04-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #4

Yoxford .22
Leezy...this might help expidite your efforts

http://www.carl-walther.de/public/do...79_32_11_h.pdf

And when some of those wee bits and pieces go flying across the room,
Walther Customer Service in Fort Smith are standing by.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #5

leezy .22
Thank you, this one enlarges better than the other parts list I found on this forum but doesn't provide (me) enough info to figure out the next step after removing #58 "grup screw M4x8". Onward through the fog.
Lee
Old 04-11-2014, 05:42 PM   #6
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by leezy View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Milspec. There is nothing broken on the slide, I am curious how it comes apart.
No problem...some folks think every part has to come off every time to get a gun clean. I was just encouraging you not to be one of those folks...

Last edited by Milspec; 04-11-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Milspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #7

leezy .22
Resolution

I am pleased to say I have disassembled the slide and reassembled without any scratches, or regrets. I only had to crawl on my knees once for the little ball bearing that holds the safety in place.

I included two images and offer my steps if any one is interested. The "slide together" image has all the parts I wanted to remove. The 'breech block" image is a close up of the filler element. I have used the parts and names from the schematic Yoxford graciously provided which is more legible than most I have found. It was also after ruminating over this schematic that I found an answer.

First I removed #58 GRUP screw. Next using a very thin blade (Exacto) I pushed #29 Extractor Plunger back (towards the Safety) and removed the #30 Extractor (which fell out actually) as did the Plunger, Spring & Ball 3.

That's were it sat for a week as I tried to figure out how the #28 Breech Block slides out with that #59 Filler Element blocking it. Long story shortened, that filler element comes out, but it doesn't fall out it has to be kind of lifted out. I used the smallest jeweler's screw driver I could find and caught the upper most threads and it lifted out. It was gooey but not jammed or pressed in place, came out pretty easily once I realized it would.

After that the breech block slides forward towards the muzzle and then out, safety falls out, firing pin & spring come out of the breech block.

Cleaned all up and lubed, went back together easily, (shorter black spring is for the firing pin). Firing pin & spring in breech block, safety into slide, slide breech block into slide so firing pin extends into safety. Install filler element then get GRUP screw almost all the way in. Roll ball 3 into channel, then spring with plunger, use jewelers screwdriver to depress spring while inserting extractor and make sure plunger flat side engages extractor. Test safety detente and tighten up the GRUP screw, it seems to butt up against the slide so there didn't seem to be a danger of over tightening if I was paying attention.

That's about it. I appreciate everyone's time and assistance and if I made any errors let me know and I will fix them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide Together.jpg (134.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg Filler Element.jpg (127.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 04-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #8

1917-1911M .38
Will help someone soon I expect. Folks just take stuff apart. Take me for example. So, so, soooooo.....where are the pictures of the naked safety drum, the firing pin, reset spring and any other stuff that was in there. Ball replaces the normal plunger for locking the safety in safe/fire? Good start, now finish it. M1911

What is the purpose of the filler element? Mucho Gracias!
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #9

leezy .22
Thanks 1917-1911M, I hadn't thought about taking it further than this but it is an interesting idea and am curious about what kind of results I could accomplish. I have looked at enough instructional posts and videos to have an idea of what was useful, what was not and where I thought the problem was.
Let me see what I can do and thanks again for the response.
Leezy
Old 07-11-2019, 01:09 PM   #10

Sportsman's Smith .22
Your Post is Still Helping!

So looks like its been about five years after this thread started, however your advice on how the filler element works has been a Godsend!

I am working on a customers PPK/S whose safety is broken. Had a heck of a time trying to figure it on my own and no pubs have the breakdown listed.

Mine required some heat from a torch to loosen up, but after a few seconds it popped right out.

Thanks for posting this thread!

Chris
1917-1911M likes this.
Sportsman's Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Search tags for this page

disasemmble of walther ppks22

disassemble walther ppk/s 22 slide
disassembly of walther ppq 22
how to take a ppk apart with slide on
walther 22 ppks german made slide dissambly

walther ppk/s .22 brakedown instructions

walther ppk/s 22 disassembly

walther ppk/s 22lr disasembly

walther ppk/s 22lr disassembly

walther rm8 disassembly manual

walther rm8 problems

walthur ppk/s .22 disassembly
Click on a term to search for related topics.