Brand new PPK/S .22LR, my range report - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 09:51 AM   #21
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klingon View Post
Isn't there a way to avoid DA completely by dropping the hammer for the first shot? How specifically would I do that (e.g. rack the slide and drop the hammer in "fire" mode?
Lowering the hammer would place the pistol into double-action mode. I'm not sure what you mean by "fire" mode, but if you're referring to single-action mode, that is when the hammer is either thumbed back into the cocked position, or is already cocked after chamberng a round or firing the first round. In each case, the pistol remains in single-action mode until the hammer is lowered again.

To safely lower the hammer, thus placing the weapon into double-action mode, place your thumb on the already cocked hammer, engage the safety, and then gently ride the hammer down to its resting position. Then disengage and reengage the safety to reset the trigger to the full forward position. The idea behind riding the hammer down slowly is be avoid undue stress on the safety drum from allowing the hammer to fall onto it with full force.

Some quick definitions:
  • Double-action – when pulling the trigger performs two actions, first cocking the hammer, then tripping the sear to release the hammer
  • Single-action – when pulling the trigger performs only one function, tripping the sear to release the already cocked hammer
P22shooter and Wildtoad like this.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-19-2018, 10:36 AM   #22

Wildtoad .22
I have had my 2013 PPK/S .22 for two years now and it works quite well. I too get nervous a bit when decocking the thing but the safety mechanism seems to work. If it bothers you then do as indicated above in post #21. It’s what I do.

Walther (2009) PPK .380, (2013) PPK/S .22, Ruger (2017) LCP .380, Henry (2017) Mares Leg .22
Wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:04 PM   #23

SARGE7402 .22
I've owned both the new and the old - both pre war and post 68. All had heavy DA trigger pulls. Pulls were around 17 - 20 pounds. I didn't have an issue with that - and still don't - as I regurally shoot a DA revolver almost all shots DA. I'ts called building up muscles - consider it trigger finger weight lifting.
Wildtoad likes this.
SARGE7402 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Search tags for this page
new walther ppk 22 review
ppks 22 review
walther ppk .22 review

walther ppk 22 review

walther ppk 22lr review

walther ppk s 22 review

walther ppk/s .22 review

walther ppk/s 22 review

walther ppk/s 22lr

walther ppk/s 22lr review

walther ppks 22 review
walther ppks 22lr
Click on a term to search for related topics.