Brand new PPK/S .22LR, my range report - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #11

akdave8 .22
Thanks for your input on the gun. I'm definately looking to purchase one in near future. I've one nearby for $470. I was wondering what price you and other have paid for this new version of the ppk/s? I know it is a markup from MSRP, but considering the gun market price hikes, i might just bite the bullet and get it.
akdave8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #12

Machiavelli .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
There fixed. I tried two, DA got to the painful part regarding my finger and I was afraid I was going to break something inside. This will be a good question to ask Mark on the town hall meeting tomorrow night at 8 central.

Good report bdmd. I expect your pistol needs a little breaking in and short pistols are always much more difficult to shoot accurately than long ones. Practice will improve that. I rarely shoot DA....except with my DAO pistols and some revolvers. M1911
Agreed. There's no way that's a 17.5 lb pull.
Machiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #13

Machiavelli .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by akdave8 View Post
Thanks for your input on the gun. I'm definately looking to purchase one in near future. I've one nearby for $470. I was wondering what price you and other have paid for this new version of the ppk/s? I know it is a markup from MSRP, but considering the gun market price hikes, i might just bite the bullet and get it.
That to me is a little steep. I paid $379.99, which is o.k. for what this is. It's a fun little plinker but imho it's not the "gotta have it" kind of gun that you're going to pay a $100 premium for.
Machiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #14

halfmoonclip .22
Look, whatever other reservations there may be about the gun, if it's not for CC (and there are much better choices), then simply **** it and fire it.

It would be a much better 'trainer' for a centerfire version if the double/single action issue was more like the larger caliber guns, but it is what it is.

The rimfire ignition is at least part of the problem; I've been schooled by an S&W armorer, and do a fair job slicking up the double action trigger on Smith J-frames. I bought a 2" M-63 that absolutely flummoxed me; if I took anything off the mainspring, it would misfire on double action. Finally made it go away.
Of course, the older PPK/s .22 doesn't have a hernia-inducing double action, so it is indeed a question for tomorrow night's forum.
Moon
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #15

akdave8 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
That to me is a little steep. I paid $379.99, which is o.k. for what this is. It's a fun little plinker but imho it's not the "gotta have it" kind of gun that you're going to pay a $100 premium for.
thanks for the input.. i think it'll wait it out then
akdave8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #16
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
I'm still waiting for a reply from Walther Customer Service....
olsoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #17
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsoul View Post
I'm still waiting for a reply from Walther Customer Service....
Here's your big chance to go directly to the front of the line:

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/w...h-8pm-cst.html
CWF11 likes this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #18

70gtvert .22
I have the nickle one and although the DA does require a decent pull, I must have strong fingers as I have no issue with it. On top of that I have so many older revolvers that are SA it is almost second nature for me to pull the hammer back before firing, something that takes merely a fraction of a second. As far as the so called "pot metal" construction, the P-1 has had an alloy frame back 50 years or more with no negatives I've heard about. I had another "replica" firearm in 22, a Chiapp 1911-22. The alloy used on it was very porous and showed it in the finish. It also was only a look alike, in function it was not like a true 1911. This PPK/S 22 has the same overall function as a PP, PPK, PPK/S with the concessions needed to fire a rimfire round. I've put over 500 rounds through mine now, also did a little write up on it earlier with some pics. I'm tickled pink to have mine.
70gtvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #19
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
This thread needs to be moved to the New Production Section.....

that being said....
My Umarex PPK/S 22 LR replica still has an insanely heavy DA pull weight. The finish is wearing faster then the finish on a piece that stays in the case until at the range should. While the SA is nice and crisp this was purchased as a training weapon. It fails for my intended purpose. It may make for a nice plinker but over all I'm very disappointed in the piece.
olsoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:34 AM   #20

Klingon .22
Isn't there a way to avoid DA completely by dropping the hammer for the first shot? How specifically would I do that (e.g. rack the slide and drop the hammer in "fire" mode?
Klingon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Search tags for this page
new walther ppk 22 review
ppks 22 review
walther ppk .22 review

walther ppk 22 review

walther ppk 22lr review

walther ppk s 22 review

walther ppk/s .22 review

walther ppk/s 22 review

walther ppk/s 22lr

walther ppk/s 22lr review

walther ppks 22 review
walther ppks 22lr
Click on a term to search for related topics.