New PPK/S .22 - Just what you said it would be - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #1

SC4me .22
Cool New PPK/S .22 - Just what you said it would be

Just purchased a PPK/S .22. Thought it would make a great little brother for my Gen 1 PPS. Got it to the range and had a good experience. I had the same results as many of you.

The DA pull is ridiculously horrendous. I plan to treat it as a SA only gun. I had to take a rest break and then add a finger to get mine to go off DA. Glad to hear from the forum it will loosen up a bit. May get snap caps and a come-along to speed up the break in.

The other things that bug me are the sights and no flush magazine available. I just gotta think there is enough demand for someone to produce these! ugh! Better sights and a flush mag would really put this over the top. I gotta find some one with a 3D printer, I'll bet they can make some sights.

Personally, I like the improved beaver tail. To me the finger extension on the mag does more to hurt the aesthetics than the beaver tail.

With all of that said it will be a fun range gun and camp/trail companion. Feeds CCI well. I have an extra mag, iwb holster and tread adapter on the way. (No plans for a can yet)

Thanks for reading. Wanted to share with folks who get it.
SC4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #2

DukeIronHand .22
I have one and like it just fine but, yes, the DA trigger pull at 17.5 pounds is almost laughable. I’m a brawny lad so I can hang but what in the world is the corporate thinking here?
Old 06-13-2019, 12:08 AM   #3

KDKSAIL .22
>>>...The other things that bug me are the sights and no flush magazine available. I just gotta think there is enough demand for someone to produce these!...<<<

There was an outfit that was modifying/converting finger-grip OEM grips to '..flush..' (007 Mags ??...you sent him your mags/he modified/converted 'em...at $20 or so per mag)....but evidently there weren't enough takers to continue the business.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...pk-s-22-a.html
KDKSAIL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 12:25 AM   #4

KDKSAIL .22
>>>...the DA trigger pull at 17.5 pounds.....but what in the world is the corporate thinking here?...<<<

I'm thinking that the H-E-A-V-Y DA trigger pull was intended as a '..passive safety..' consideration....probably recommended by Walther/Umarex's legal department, rather than its design department.

There are replacement sights available for the PPK & PPK/S .380 pistols from other suppliers....but I'm not sure if the rear dovetail and front recess of the PPK/S .22 will accept these replacements without modifications ?? (nor have I ever heard of anyone who's done it ??).

The re-introduction of the PPK/S .22 pistol was intended for the '..recreation..' ('..Bond,...James Bond..') market.....NOT as a '..service..' pistol.

It is what it is.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:04 AM   #5

Wildtoad .22
Hello, Welcome to the forum. I’ve probably shot mine several thousands of time and in the time, I may have fired it 5 times in DA mode. As a range/plinker I find no need to have a round in the chamber and hammer down. DA mode still pretty sporty. But what I don’t understand is why the DA mode on my .22 is so much harder than on my PPK .380.

FYI... Stick with CCI Mini Mags or Remington GB’s. These are the two that have run the best (or at all) in mine.

I have had two instances where a casing blew and caused the extractor/spring/ball to blow out the side. Sent the thing to have repaired and they did so free including shipping both ways.

Still my favorite pistol to shoot day in day out.

Walther (2009) PPK .380, (2013) PPK/S .22, Ruger (2017) LCP .380, Henry (2017) Mares Leg .22
Wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #6

DE Pistole .22
I'd get one if there was a flat bottom mag option. Also wish the sights were metal. The one's I've shot were flawless with high velocity ammo.
DE Pistole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:38 PM   #7

KDKSAIL .22
>>>...FYI... Stick with CCI Mini Mags or Remington GBs. These are the two that have run the best (or at all) in mine..<<<

YUP...and I'd add AGUILLA 22 SUPER EXTRA HP COPPER-PLATED HOLLOW POINT.

I've tried to run Winchester Super X High Velocity through mine but there were so many Failures-to-Eject that it was like shooting a single shot pistol...and I gave the two remaining boxes I had in my range bag to another shooter who had a .22 revolver.

There is one ammo that I would recommend that you NEVER try to run through your PPK/S-- ARMSCOR Precision High Velocity .22 LR 36 grain Hollow Points. I've had and/or seen at first hand, far too MANY '..catastrophic blow-outs..' with this ammo to trust it. But if you do feel compelled to try it...make certain that you're wearing proper eye protection...to prevent tiny bits of brass casing from blowing back in your face when (not if) it happens..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Tags
flush magazine, ppk/s .22, sights