How do I know if my PPK/S is Umarex or not? - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #11

1917-1911M .38
https://diecasting.com/blog/2016/04/...d-zinc-alloys/

Perhaps some interesting reading on diecasting with alum, zinc, magnesium. There seem to be some well established formulas for each but a dash of this, sprinkling of that and I guess you could have a proprietary alloy.. Melting point seems to be the way to tell...someone might be able to tell by the finish. Zinc is the heaviest but has some advantages. 1917
pn1938 likes this.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-11-2018, 11:24 PM   #12

KDKSAIL .22
I'm not sure that anything short of pre-war, Krupp steel (every ingot personality autographed by Bertha) will satisfy detractors...and even then they'd still find some 'bob-or-bit' to quibble about.
RJWest likes this.
KDKSAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:57 AM   #13

RJWest .22
Umarex acquired Walther Arms back in 1993 & it's US headquarters are in FT. Smith Arkansas. The Umarex Walther PPK/S is made in Germany by Umarex in Ulm/Uldo Germany and the parts are imported to the US and assembled. IMO, Umarex firearms are of decent quality for the money. Umarex also makes the ARX160 22lr rifle for Beretta, the H&K416 22lr and also a copy of the Colt M16 M4 in 22lr. They are all of really good quality.
RJWest is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2019, 10:29 AM   #14

Balogh .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJWest View Post
Umarex acquired Walther Arms back in 1993 & it's US headquarters are in FT. Smith Arkansas. The Umarex Walther PPK/S is made in Germany by Umarex in Ulm/Uldo Germany and the parts are imported to the US and assembled.
Yes, more or less. The PPK/S is manufactured and assembled by Carl Walther in Arnsberg/Germany. Umarex and Carl Walther are part of the PW Group.
Balogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #15

Jimbo80 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Powers View Post
As KDKSAIL the overwhelming majority of those who tell horror stories about the Walther PPK/S .22 have never owned one.
If you had ever owned, shot, or even handled a ZM or Ulm PPK (as you admittedly have not) you would realize that there is good reason for the mouth breathing snobs to recommend saving up for the real deal as opposed to touting a look alike copy.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:57 PM   #16

KDKSAIL .22
Funny thing that.....I have indeed handled and shot an older Walter PP chambered for .22LR. No question about it...it's a very nice little .22 pistol. But at current re-sale prices....it damn well outta' be....and then some. When I was searching around several years ago (before the Walther/Umaex version was re-issued) for .22LR pistol for basic practice sessions and plinking, I remembered how much I enjoyed shooting a friend's .22 PP and started searching for one. Even back then, the resale prices were much too high.

The 'new' Walther/Umarex PPK/S .22 gives the same '..bang..' for a whole lot less 'bucks'...a pistol you're likely to take to the range and put a couple/few hundred rounds through per range session and have a lotta' fun doin' it....rather than taking out of the safe every once in a long while to wipe-down with a soft cloth, fondle and then put back into the safe (until the executor of their estate sells it on Gun Broker)...heaven forbid that it should ever actually be fired !!
RJWest likes this.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #17

Jimbo80 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKSAIL View Post
rather than taking out of the safe every once in a long while to wipe-down with a soft cloth, fondle and then put back into the safe (until the executor of their estate sells it on Gun Broker)...heaven forbid that it should ever actually be fired !!
That's certainly not the case with my Ulm PP series pistols. They are shot often and not only by me but typically by anyone who expresses interest while I'm at the range. If you had come down to one of the FL Greet and Shoots you would have seen that dozens of us "mouth breathing snobs" are more than happy to share the joy of shooting our rare and sometimes quite valuable Walthers with complete strangers.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #18

KDKSAIL .22
>>>..."mouth breathing snobs"...<<<

Odd that. That's a new descriptive to me. I don't recall anyone on this forum referring to owners of older (pre-Umarax) Walther PP, PPK or PPK/S .22 models as, "..mouth breathing snobs." (??) One might think that at least some of these owners might find such a descriptive at least mildly insulting ??
Old 02-09-2019, 12:29 AM   #19

Jimbo80 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKSAIL View Post
I don't recall anyone on this forum referring to owners of older (pre-Umarax) Walther PP, PPK or PPK/S .22 models as, "..mouth breathing snobs." (??) One might think that at least some of these owners might find such a descriptive at least mildly insulting ??
Post 7 in this thread. And at least one of them does.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series > PPK/S .22LR, New Production by Umarex, 2013 or later

Search tags for this page

bb ppk not umerex

books on walther ppks pistols
decock umarex ppk pistol
walther ppk/s .22lr proofed in cologne
what years did umarex make the walter ppks 22lr pistrol
Click on a term to search for related topics.