WaltherForums

WaltherForums (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/)
-   PP and TP Series (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/)
-   -   PPK mag springs (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/28789-ppk-mag-springs.html)

jneils 03-20-2013 02:06 PM

PPK mag springs

Hi,
I am a newbe here and I have a question,do magazine springs on a ppk have a correct installation direction like top/bottom,front / back?

AoxoMoxoA 03-20-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jneils (Post 254525)
...do magazine springs on a ppk have a correct installation direction like top/bottom,front / back?

Yes, the spring needs to be properly oriented for the magazine to function.

MGMike 03-20-2013 06:54 PM

Yes, it's rather like sex.

The angle follows the provided contour.

M

AoxoMoxoA 03-20-2013 07:00 PM

ppk mag springs

...and pray that you don't get a kink!

Englishandy 03-20-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGMike (Post 254600)
Yes, it's rather like sex ...

M

Really ?? How do you fit the batteries in the magazine ??

JW 759 03-21-2013 01:59 AM

This thread is making me laugh.

It is truly a thread to keep on going here.

I found a spring in a handgun (semi auto) inserted wrong and immediately corrected it. The nose has to be supported to feed the ammunition.

Without significant nose support no ammunition is delivered into the chamber....

MGMike 03-21-2013 06:31 AM

Lay the parts of a disassembled magazine on a table and it's instantly obvious. To fully and evenly support the underside of the follower, the magazine spring must be oriented so that the angle of the top coil matches the angle of the follower when the magazine is assembled. The angle of the bottom coil will then match the angle of the floorplate. On a PP-series magazine, the top and bottom of the spring are identical, but there is a front and rear. On a P38 magazine the ends are not identical (one end has a short coil); of the four possible ways to insert the spring, only one is correct (the short coil goes under the follower; the second coil supports the follower holdopen "step").

M

jneils 03-22-2013 07:45 AM

Hi
I am glad that so many like this threads.
I purchasedthis 32 ppk awhile back and have through this forum determaned it was born in Apr of 1940 yet it was represented as post war.It came with two mags one orignal and one older post war so I have Wolf springs coming hence te guestion since I have never had one of these mags apart. Also check out Bull Dog Custom leather Round Lake Ill. Randy is building a custom iwb holster for it
Thanks

jneils 03-30-2013 08:14 AM

Update
springs in route from wolf will post on how the installation went

jneils 04-10-2013 03:05 PM

Hi,
Update,The +5 mag springs from Wolf springs are tough,I had to pin them through the sight hole inmag body to releave tension to get them to seat. Right now I can not seat all seven bullets but tech at Wolf said should loosen in a weak or so.Ialso replaced the recoil spring and ejector spring (the paper clip) which was rusted in place but still working.Now it's a trip to the range to see how the old girl shoots.