Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By vwfool
  • 2 Post By vwfool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #1

vwfool .22
"New" 70 Year Old Magazines

I picked up a .380 PP a while back, but it only came with one prewar, banner only .32 magazine, which did work with some .380 FMJ. I have been looking at gunshows and online for a .380 one; however, I haven't had any luck, even with magazine dealers. Every .380 mag has been the ribbed type for a late model .380 with the slotted magwell, until now.

I came across a gentleman that just bought a very big Walther collection from an estate of another Walther collecter. I wound up with 2 like new, bottom release only, prewar .380 magazines for my PP. Pretty cool to finally have the correct, functioning mags for it. So far both mags have fed every type and brand of hollow point and FMJ I have stuffed in them without a single problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Work Camera 01-19-13 038.jpg (44.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Work Camera 01-19-13 040.jpg (48.7 KB, 22 views)
vwfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
So who is this guy, and what else does he have, and what can we get our hands on for a song? Come on ... give it up! Inquiring minds ...

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #3

vwfool .22
He has put a couple things on auction sites, but I believe he has traded or sold most of it. Probably won't get anything for a song, but it was fair compared to the price I expected and compaired to all the magazine dealers that told me," You probably won't find one, and if you do it will be $$$." His Gunbroker name was JPeterr.

We emailed back and forth about a few times in between buying the first mag and buying the second mag. I won't be rude to him and say exactly how much he had tied up in buying the collection; however, it was a substancial amount.

After buying the first one I asked if he had any more. His response was," How many more would you like?" I said 2 or 3 eventually, but I couldn't do it right away. He said he had pleanty. He later had an offer for all of the magazines he had; however, he was nice enough to email me first. He wound up stashing one more back for me until I could buy it.

Some of the things he did keep for himself was a Persian contract PP (wipe drool off keyboard), a PP in .25 ACP, and a PPK in .25 ACP.
searcher451 and DrE like this.
vwfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page

magazine for 70 year old

magazines 70 year olds

magazines for 70 year olds

ppk .380 magazine prewar -7.65

prewar .380 walther pp magazine

walther 380 magazine banner

what year is my walther pp magazines

Click on a term to search for related topics.