PPK/S magazines - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2020, 11:07 AM   #1

Mr. Walther .22
PPK/S magazines

After checking the Walther Arms store online, apparently they are OUT OF STOCK on a particular 7 round blued finger rest magazine that I wanted to purchase.

https://shop.waltherarms.com/ppks-38...ic-rest-blue-2

Wanted to purchase extra mag's but since they are out of stock (yes even checked Ebay, only found 1 original Walther PPK/S 7rd mag but used and not worth the price IMO).

While searching the web I keep seeing this one coming up as a replacement?, https://www.mec-gar.com/pistol-magaz...K-S-7-Standard

Has anyone here tried this particular brand of magazine on their PPK/S?

If so what are your thoughts, reviews, opinions, etc. when using it?....what brand ammo are you using with it as well?

Thanks in advance to all who post!

Last edited by Mr. Walther; 03-20-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Mr. Walther is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #2

PeterA .22
I've purchased the Mec-Gar magazine for the Ft. Smith PPK/S and they seem to work fine. My understanding is that Walther contracts Mec-Gar for Walther magazines. Someone else may know better that me.
PeterA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:39 PM   #3

Mr. Walther .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
I've purchased the Mec-Gar magazine for the Ft. Smith PPK/S and they seem to work fine. My understanding is that Walther contracts Mec-Gar for Walther magazines. Someone else may know better that me.

Thanks PeterA for sharing that bit of info!

Could very well be true.

I'm going to do a bit of research and look into that.

EDIT UPDATE:

The following info pertains to the Walther PPK/S 7 round blued finger rest magazine, specifically.

Alright, I called Walther directly and spoke with a sales tech and inquired to see if they(Walther) actually made their own magazines or was it contracted out?

I was told that Walther produces their own magazines. They have two plants, one in Germany (of course) and their other is located in Italy.

OK then, so I called Mec-Gar to ask if by chance they had a contract with Walther to make magazines for Walther handguns but no one ever answered?

Though I did notice on Mec-Gar's website of contact info that they actually do have two plants, one in the U.S. CT and one in Italy

(MEC-GAR SRL
Via Mandolossa 102/A
Gussago, 25064
Italy)

How ironic that they would have a plant in Italy as well?

The magazine that Mec-Gar offers sure looks identical to the Walther magazine in just about every way with exception to the manufacturers emblem on the magazine.

So it could very well be Mec-Gar actually does make magazines specifically contracted for Walther?

Can anyone confirm as fact?

Also happen to find the following message below an Ebay offer for the Mec-Gar magazine stating the following:

ITEM DESCRIPTION
This is a .380 ACP BLUE STEEL 7-round magazine with finger rest for Walther PPK/S pistols.

Crafted from durable blued steel with an optional finger rest for improved handling, these 7-round magazines are designed for use with Walther PPK/S pistols chambered in .380 ACP.

Combining iconic PPK style with Mec-Garís reputation for reliability and craftsmanship, Mec-Garís enhanced PPK magazines are the perfect upgrade for your Walther. While the pistol may look and feel the same, Mec-Gar is always raising the bar on reliability and quality Ö

As the OEM provider of Waltherís factory magazines, Mec-Gar is constantly evolving on designs to enhance reliability and performance.

Grab a few Mec-Gar improved magazines for your PPK/S pistol today!

Reference.....first picture of the Walther magazine.....second picture of the Mec-Gar magazine
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0000769_ppks-380-7-round-ergonomic-rest-blued.jpeg (38.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png MGWPPKSFRB_productsFull.png (70.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Mr. Walther; 03-20-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Old 03-20-2020, 05:13 PM   #4

Balogh .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Walther View Post
How ironic that they would have a plant in Italy as well?
Why is it ironic? After all, the Meg-Car company was founded in Italy in 1965. Incidentally, Beretta's headquarters is also located in the immediate vicinity. Also very close to the city of Brescia are other well-known manufacturers such as Uberti, Tanfoglio, or Pedersoli.
Mr. Walther likes this.
Balogh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:43 PM   #5

1917-1911M .38
If you have been keeping up with the news in Italy you might understand why no one answered. Italy has been particularly hard hit by the corona virus and is on lockdown. Coming to a Country near you soon, unfortunately. 1917
halfmoonclip and Mr. Walther like this.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:58 PM   #6
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Walther View Post

I was told that Walther produces their own magazines. They have two plants, one in Germany (of course) and their other is located in Italy.

Sure they do.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...kebull****.jpg

M
halfmoonclip and Duncanppk like this.
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:50 AM   #7

Mr. Walther .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
If you have been keeping up with the news in Italy you might understand why no one answered. Italy has been particularly hard hit by the corona virus and is on lockdown. Coming to a Country near you soon, unfortunately. 1917

LOL!....LOL!....dude I think you need to go back and re-read and comprehend my post about when I called.

I never said I called "all the way to Italy"!....LOL!....I said I called Walther and was told they have a two plants one in Germany and one in Italy. Also called Mec-Gar at their plant here in Connecticut, U.S.A. but no one ever answered but also did notice on Mec-Gar's website that they also have a plant in Italy too.....LOL!

Overall, I know, it's all good!

....and yes I know and totally understand what's currently going on around the World....LOL!

Last edited by Mr. Walther; 03-21-2020 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:20 AM   #8

Duncanppk .22
Mr. Walther,

CT is under lockdown as of yesterday, so no answer. As various states shut down we will see more of this. NY is so no parts from Numrick. Target Sports is in CT so one less source of bulk ammo. There are several gun related internet businesses from CA. Be prepared for a lot of no answers until this is over.

Duncan
Mr. Walther likes this.
Duncanppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #9

Mr. Walther .22
Yes it all makes sense and understandably so. I can see where businesses have decided to make the decision to temporarily close for the time being.

Although yesterday I did call Sig Sauer manufacturer, which is located in the State of New Hampshire and was able to speak with them.

So far that I know of, due to what is currently going on in the country, New York, California and Illinois so far are the only states on lock down that I know about didn't know that Connecticut is in lock down.

Last edited by Mr. Walther; Today at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:50 AM   #10

Martin .22
Magazines used for the Walther PP series are actually made by Mec-Gar. There is a 2nd supplier in Germany near Arnsberg, but they do not deliver mags for the PP series.
halfmoonclip and Mr. Walther like this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series