Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 1917-1911M
  • 1 Post By Duncanppk
  • 1 Post By 1917-1911M

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2020, 05:08 AM  

AGAVNI .22
22 ?

Hello, I dismantled my PPK 7,65 from 1941, on the separator it is engraved with the number 22?
Anyone know why?
thank you
Old 03-14-2020, 08:42 AM  

Duncanppk .22
I'm not sure what you are referring to as a number engraved on the separator. If you are referring to the slide, some PP series pistols have a number scratched inside the slide matching the last numbers of the serial number. Theory is to keep the slide with the frame together during construction. Please give a better description of what you have. Photos would help.

Duncan
Old 03-14-2020, 09:58 PM  

1917-1911M .38
Come on Duncan....the separater. It sits right next to the barrel bearings and just above the blow back gas bottle. 1917
halfmoonclip likes this.

Old Yesterday, 06:10 AM  

AGAVNI .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanppk View Post
I'm not sure what you are referring to as a number engraved on the separator. If you are referring to the slide, some PP series pistols have a number scratched inside the slide matching the last numbers of the serial number. Theory is to keep the slide with the frame together during construction. Please give a better description of what you have. Photos would help.

Duncan
Hammer Release lever
Old Yesterday, 07:06 AM  

Duncanppk .22
AGAVNI I have looked at my nearly same age PP and there is nothing there. Only a good photo might help.

1911 What was I thinking.

Duncan
1917-1911M likes this.
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM  

AGAVNI .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanppk View Post
AGAVNI I have looked at my nearly same age PP and there is nothing there. Only a good photo might help.

1911 What was I thinking.

Duncan

thanks for the help
But how do you send a photo?
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM  

Gene L .22
It's kinda complicated. Scroll down WAY down to additional options and to manage attachments. Click on that and go from there...photos have to be attachments. I've only done this twice and I might be leaving something out.
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM  

AGAVNI .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
It's kinda complicated. Scroll down WAY down to additional options and to manage attachments. Click on that and go from there...photos have to be attachments. I've only done this twice and I might be leaving something out.
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...32IMG_5034.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5034.jpg (99.6 KB, 15 views)
Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM  

Duncanppk .22
That's the hammer release lever alright. The only thing I can think of is that it is a part number to assist in assembly. As yours is a wartime PPK, and understanding that Germans had a passion for numbering things in those days it is possible. Remember Walther was producing PP series pistols and P38 pistols at that time in numbers.

One other thing, does your pistols serial number end in "22"? If so there's your answer.

Duncan
Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM  

1917-1911M .38
I was thinking the de-cocking lever might be what this was about. According to MG Mike there are 9 sizes, each marked and hand fitted by someone who knows what they are doing. They time the release of the hammer which should be as the safety begins to cover the first half of the red dot. Mike has given specifics....probably in the FAQ section which is the kiss of death for really good information. 1917
halfmoonclip likes this.

Last edited by 1917-1911M; Yesterday at 09:46 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series