• 1 Post By olsoul
  • 2 Post By Walther Wood
  • 1 Post By Walther Wood
  • 2 Post By olsoul

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2020, 07:55 AM   #1

Walther Wood .22
The Twins

I guess like being a Pa-Pa and showing pictures of my grand-babies, here are the twins that have served me very well for decades. I'm guessing one was made in the late 60's and the other in the 70's but not sure. I am fortunate to have the original boxes, factory test targets (neither of which is dated ), cleaning rods, flush and pinky extension magazines, owners manual and paperwork, and somehow wound up with an extra pinky extension magazine for each although I have no idea how. The PPQ SC covers EDC duty now but looking at these two pistols reminds me why I will I never forget why I am a Walther man. Sig this, H&K that, the G-word whatever; they all make nice stuff but they're no Walther.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200201_153137.jpg (129.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200201_153159.jpg (139.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200201_153240.jpg (148.2 KB, 44 views)
Walther Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #2

GeoNole94 .22
Nice history of ownership. Regarding their ages, you have the test targets, so the date on those mor than likely correspond closely to when your pistols were made. Also, one or both pistols will show a two digit date (or date code for the 1970s pistol) though the ejection port.
Walther Wood likes this.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:40 AM   #3
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
He said the targets weren't dated but I would think there would be a date stamp through the ejection port as you indicated Geo.
Walther Wood likes this.
olsoul is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2020, 12:10 PM   #4

Walther Wood .22
Thank y'all and cool for the ejection port data/info. I did not know that. I will check tonight, try to get a good picture on both, and post to see if can decode. It would be nice to know the date of manufacture especially on the older one. My dad carried that one for at at least two of his three tours in Vietnam.
1917-1911M and Jan whitaker like this.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
I might be wrong but one of those extra mags looks like it is for a PPK not a PP or PPK/S

Last edited by olsoul; 02-03-2020 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:45 PM   #6

Walther Wood .22
@olsoul
I am pretty sure they all hold the same number of rounds but now that you mentioned it, I can't swear to it as I can't remember ever actually checking the round count in them all. I'll check 'em when I get home, tho, and post back along with the date code.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:32 PM   #7

GeoNole94 .22
Sorry, I blew right by the undated test targets comment. That is odd, I don’t recall ever seeing a Walther test target without a date.

The date on the guns will be two-digit numeric or use a simple two letter code where A=0, B=1,...(no I)...K=9.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:34 AM   #8

Walther Wood .22
Marks @ the Ejection Port

Gentlemen,
Thank you all, again, for the information. Sorry for the delay in posting as work has kept me out of the office. I did indeed find markings on the barrel at the ejection port. Please do not consider me rude, disrespectful, or trying to be like our favorite British agent (I know; different pistol ) for blocking out the serial numbers. I guess is just my Cold War upbringing with a Dad that was in the Army doing things he still won't tell me about and the fear of Big Brother gathering information on me. I am happy to PM them to you if needed to accurately ascertain a build date/time-frame. Please just PM me and I will get them to you right away. I broke them down into "Older PPK/S" and "Newer PPK/S" for reference sake. I also apologize for the "GI Gold" the pictures revealed. I was not aware that was there prior to being in better lighting and it came off right after the pics were taken. The first two are of the newer Walther and include a better pic of the factory test target. The last three are of the older Walther and include the factory test target and warranty doc. Oh, @olsoul. All of the magazines hold the same number of rounds. I verified that last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Newer PPKS Marks.jpg (100.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Newer PPKS Test Target.jpg (66.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Older PPKS Marks.jpg (135.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Older PPKS Test Target.jpg (107.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Older PPKS Wtty. Cert.jpg (172.2 KB, 22 views)
mnsty likes this.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:43 PM   #9
Supporting Member

olsoul .22
One is an InterArms Ranger and the other is a 72 Ulm... About the only way to date the Ranger is to match it to the chart PilotSteve developed via the serial number.
MGMike and Walther Wood like this.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:00 PM   #10

Walther Wood .22
@olsoul. Thank you, sir

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series