New Black PPK Sightings? - Page 6 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2020, 09:23 AM   #51

Austin Powers .22
It never ceases to amaze me how folks continue to attempt to write off slide bite as user error rather than a design flaw.

If Walther actually invented the improvised, unnatural method of gripping the PPK(/S) that folks push as the "proper" way to grip it, and included it in the owners manual, then I could at least partially accept it, (although it would still be a poor excuse) but no, this supposedly proper method of gripping the PPK(/S) has never been instructed by Walther, fans merely invented it after the fact as a workaround to an obvious design flaw.

I have a hunch that if Walther were to redesign the extended beavertail, sculpting it to be more aesthetically pleasing, then fans would actually be willing to acknowledge slide bite as an unfortunate byproduct of a design flaw/oversight, but they'd sooner claim that anybody who has ever got slide bite from an older model PPK(/S) is an unsophisticated oaf who was holding it "improperly" by gripping it as they would pretty much any other pistol on the market without issue than acknowledge that the extended beavertail was added to address a legitimate issue.

Honestly guys, if 1911 fans can acknowledge that hammer bite was the result of an insufficient beavertail, yet still prefer the look of the classic lines of the Government Model 1911A1, then surely you can do the same.
Jimmo952 likes this.
I've entrusted my life to a S&W PPK/S-1, it may not be able to stop the illusive 7ft/300Lbs+ Meth Head wearing 5 layers of denim and wielding a car door as a shield, but I'm fairly certain I can outrun such a beast, especially after dumping 7 rounds of .380 ACP into him.
Austin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #52

Jimbo80 .22
Talk about never ceasing to amaze.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:37 AM   #53

Jimmo952 .22
Just different perspectives Jimbo. There are two schools of though (at least) on any kind of technology.

One is, the technology is "perfect" and the problem is with the user.

The other is technology evolves to better work for the way users actually use it.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2020, 09:05 PM   #54

Jimbo80 .22
We sold some PPKs this week (some to forum members) and now only have Black PPK/S and SS PPKs in stock. We have been pretty busy the last couple of weeks. There are some fantastic deals on the market thanks to the P365. Beretta 92FS at under $450 has been a very good seller.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:24 PM   #55

Litespeedaudio .22
What a reasonable price to pay for a new Black ppk? LGS has one in stock that caught my eye. I think itís listed for $689. I was looking for another 1911 but the ppk would be a nice addition to my gun collection.
Litespeedaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #56

Jimbo80 .22
A reasonable price would be under $600. If you bide your time they will be there before long. The 365 is going for under $500 now and is still the top seller in the CCW market. The Walther will have to go for much less than $700 to seriously compete outside of it's niche.
StuG likes this.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:07 PM   #57

XRing .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Powers View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how folks continue to attempt to write off slide bite as user error rather than a design flaw.

If Walther actually invented the improvised, unnatural method of gripping the PPK(/S) that folks push as the "proper" way to grip it, and included it in the owners manual, then I could at least partially accept it, (although it would still be a poor excuse) but no, this supposedly proper method of gripping the PPK(/S) has never been instructed by Walther, fans merely invented it after the fact as a workaround to an obvious design flaw.

I have a hunch that if Walther were to redesign the extended beavertail, sculpting it to be more aesthetically pleasing, then fans would actually be willing to acknowledge slide bite as an unfortunate byproduct of a design flaw/oversight, but they'd sooner claim that anybody who has ever got slide bite from an older model PPK(/S) is an unsophisticated oaf who was holding it "improperly" by gripping it as they would pretty much any other pistol on the market without issue than acknowledge that the extended beavertail was added to address a legitimate issue.

Honestly guys, if 1911 fans can acknowledge that hammer bite was the result of an insufficient beavertail, yet still prefer the look of the classic lines of the Government Model 1911A1, then surely you can do the same.
How true about design characteristics.
Fortunately for me I have not experienced slide bite, yet can see why others do.

The classic example of stubborn design that really should have been done is the Browning High Power (RIP). The long trigger thumb piece digs into almost everyone. Even the ring hammer pinches many.

I never bought one because in large part it would need custom hammer contour and at the staring price just was not worth it

The Browning factory hammer could have been shortened just by holding it cocked then project a line extended from the small beaver tail.
Likely the designers wanted the user to carry hammer down on a loaded chamber then thumb cock it.

So the ppk ppk/s could have had a small beaver tail flared by Walther years ago.

The S&W style was to much though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series