WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2020, 09:28 AM   #41

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo80 View Post
The gun itself has never been prone to slide bite. If you get bit it's user error. The only way to bleed is by putting your hand where the slide goes. It's REALLY easy to figure out where the slide goes and where to put your hand.
Well, we might have to agree to disagree on that. The fact you have to hold the thing differently than just about any modern gun out there could be an issue.

The modern technique is to get your grip on the gun as high as possible. Not really the thing to do with the PPK. There is a whole generation or two of shooters that know nothing else.

Do you want to keep the gun as a museum piece or evolve into something more suitable to the paradigm of today?
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-19-2020, 09:37 AM   #42

PeterA .22
The gun has a pretty snappy recoil as compared to more modern locked breach designs. Your hand can start off in the right position but after a few quick rounds, you can easily move up on the grip and have the slide catch your hand.
PeterA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:07 AM   #43

Kar98 .22
Modern Technique is the wrong method to shoot a gun designed half a century earlier. Modern handguns are designed with modern shooting and carrying techniques in mind. The PPK was not. There's plenty of room for two hands on a 1911, but not on a PPK.
XRing and Jimbo80 like this.
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2020, 11:21 AM   #44

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Modern Technique is the wrong method to shoot a gun designed half a century earlier. Modern handguns are designed with modern shooting and carrying techniques in mind. The PPK was not. There's plenty of room for two hands on a 1911, but not on a PPK.
Yep. So they won't sell well.

Evolve or become a museum piece.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #45

Walther Wood .22
Quote:
The gun itself has never been prone to slide bite. If you get bit it's user error. The only way to bleed is by putting your hand where the slide goes. It's REALLY easy to figure out where the slide goes and where to put your hand.
That, IMO, pretty much sums it up. My hands aren't Hickok45 size but I wear Large size gloves and I have never experienced slide bite from any slide pistol old or new.
A wise old man told me something once that has helped me throughout my entire life. He said "Did it hurt when you did that?" I said yes. He said " Well then don't do that."
XRing and pilkguns like this.
Walther Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:15 AM   #46

Jimmo952 .22
I just bought a "black" Fort Smith PPK. So they are out there.

We will see how it goes. I'm just hoping it functions.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:26 AM   #47

Jimbo80 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
Yep. So they won't sell well.

Evolve or become a museum piece.
They are not selling well and because of the schozzola won't become museum pieces. It's a very good time to take the money you would spend on a new PPK and invest it in a PPK that will.
pilkguns likes this.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:49 AM   #48

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
They are not selling well and because of the schozzola won't become museum pieces. It's a very good time to take the money you would spend on a new PPK and invest it in a PPK that will.
Hello Jimbo. I am not looking at it as an investment.

I want to see how this thing shoots. I'll wring it out and see what it and I can do.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #49

Jimbo80 .22
They do seem to be well made. The black finish is decidedly less attractive than the SS.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #50

jtmont01 .22
During my hunt for a new pistol, one of the purchasers at Kentucky Gun Company emailed me and said that Walther had raised the price for the 2020 models??

"Price would be 759.99. The prices on these have increased significantly for 2020. It may take less than 90 days but these are typically hard to come by."
jtmont01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series