Anyone else have a PP Ultra?? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2019, 02:50 PM   #1

Puffyz .22
Question Anyone else have a PP Ultra??

Anyone else have a PP Ultra?? I now have two. Not a .380, not a 9mm kurtz.
Fires the ultra round. All the punch of a 9mm.
I'm 63 and I have only seen two others in my life.
Puffyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #2

Jimbo80 .22
Just guessing you meant a PP Super in 9 Ultra caliber. I have a police surplus Super. A fantastic gun and one of the most overlooked Walthers. I shot a fellow forum member's Super and was shopping for one as soon as I got home. There were not a lot made and 9mm Ultra ammo was very hard to come by. That helped to keep it under the radar. Thankfully the ammo situation has ended.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
P88

P88 Unproven
I think that there is only one PP Ultra known to be in existence. This one:

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...tol-9-mm-ultra
P88 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2019, 10:00 PM   #4

halfmoonclip .22
P88, interesting link.
Puffy, I passed on one years ago, because of the ammo issue. Jimbo is right; ammo is to be had online.
The Ultra falls neatly between the .380 and the 9, and is the upper limit of a blowback gun with a rational sized slide (it ain't a HiPoint).
Not sure if Ultra interchanges for reloading with the other 9s.
Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:08 AM   #5

Absalom .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffyz View Post
Fires the ultra round. All the punch of a 9mm.
That last bit is somewhat of an overstatement. While the 9mm Ultra/Police loads had higher velocities/energy than the 9mm kurz, the caliber still fell short of the standard 9mm Para. It was no more than an interim solution before German police in general went to full-power 9mm pistols. Ergonomically, however, I find the PP Super to be the best pre-polymer Walther; the grip and balance are perfect.

Commercial production of the PP Super was small (with a smaller-yet batch in 9mm kurz), and the short-lived police adoption mainly in Bavaria and a few other states totaled somewhere around 10,000 plus/minus (Dieter Marschallís book has the totals if someone wants to check; I canít get to my copy right now). Most of those ended up on the US market. There are usually some on offer on Gunbroker; right now there are seven including a 9mm kurz variant.
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:59 AM   #6

Jimbo80 .22
Here is my police surplus Super made in '75. It has an intact RP mark. This was a GB gun which I got for $430 delivered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Super.jpg (83.4 KB, 30 views)
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #7

Puffyz .22
Ammo was a bit tough in the 90's but no longer. I love this pistol, great feel and balance.
It's my daily carry as my 1911's are a bit too bulky as is my Sig. It disappears on me with a tiny print if any.
Mags are hard to find and when you do it about $100+. Nevertheless it's my favorite Walther, the other, my P-38 modded.
Puffyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #8

GeoNole94 .22
There are lots of old threads, information, and photos of the PP Super on this forum. It is an underrated, robust Walther that is well worth owning. I plan to shoot one in each caliber this coming Saturday
halfmoonclip and ronin11 like this.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:45 PM   #9

MRBILL0 .22
I love the PP Super h have 2 of them. The feel in the hand is quite remarkable!
Puffyz likes this.
MRBILL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:32 PM   #10
JFB

JFB .22
Anyone else have a PP Ultra??

I have a Walther PP Super Cal. 9mmx18 Serial # 10701 I purchased it at a Gun Show in Mobile AL about 3 years ago. At the time I had no idea how difficult it would be to find the correct ammo: I learned that Fiocchi is the only ammo manufacturer at the present time that makes a run of this special ammo once a year. Once I found several sources i've stocked up and have enjoyed shooting it. After firing a number of rounds, the extractor extracted itself and after 3 months with a local gunsmith he was not able to locate the appropriate parts to install. In desperation I placed a call to the stateside Walther company and when I explained the gun and the problem I was having I was immediately informed that I should contact Earl's Repair Service, Inc in Pulaski-Giles Turnpike, Pearisburg, VA 24134 Phone: 540-921-0184. I called and was immediately advised that they had the parts and would send them to me at a very fair price, or I could send them the slide and they would insert the parts and return it to me at a very far price, $148 total which included $25 labor and 18 shipping. I sent it to them, and they fixed it and returned it in less than 2 weeks. They advised me that they carry a complete line of parts for just about every firearm that Walther has ever made. I've fired approximately 200 rounds since and it works perfectly.
GeoNole94 and Puffyz like this.
JFB is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series