Well; That was fun. - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #11

DE Pistole .22
I gave the holster a good wet down on the inside and outside because I wanted to darken the leather and soften the inside of the holster. The Ballistol did soften the molding, but that was an advantage for me because I like being able to insert the pistol a little more to get the rear sight just in inside the holster where it seems more protected. I did not leave the pistol inside the holster while it was outside drying in the sun, but did so later overnight.

Last edited by DE Pistole; 10-14-2019 at 02:55 PM.
DE Pistole is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #12

DE Pistole .22
For carry, I now find myself now preferring my .380 PPK pistols (an Ulm/IA and a SS Ranger) over my .32 PPK (SW) pistol. Can't really explain it. Also thinking of trading my .32 PPK (S&W) against another .380 PPK (S&W) so I have the Ulm/IA, Ranger and a S&W all in the same caliber (380).
Mike Martin likes this.
DE Pistole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:51 PM   #13

1917-1911M .38
Seven rounds at 15M in a half dollar group.....Pfffffph, I've got several rifles that will do equally good. 1917
Mike Martin likes this.
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #14

ViperR .22
How I've always formed a leather holster perfectly to a gun is to oil & wipe down the pistol/revolver, put it in a zip-lock bag, soak the holster in water, insert the gun/baggie in the holster, let the leather dry for a couple of days with the gun/baggie in it, remove the gun & bag (open it up and wipe the gun down. Should still be bone dry), let the leather dry for a couple more days, then treat the leather.
Holster looks like it was made for the gun almost like a specially fitted Bianchi from long ago. Gun slides in and out like it was form fitted.
DE Pistole likes this.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:49 PM   #15

poppione .22
I have a PPKs.In trying to find the year it was manufactured. I was told to look at the chamber shown through the ejection port. There should be two letters visible. Mine shows HH and that would convert to 77 meaning 1977. Is this correct?
poppione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:34 AM   #16

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppione View Post
I have a PPKs.In trying to find the year it was manufactured. I was told to look at the chamber shown through the ejection port. There should be two letters visible. Mine shows HH and that would convert to 77 meaning 1977. Is this correct?

Yup. Either there's a 12/68 (or whatever appropriate month and year) visible through the ejection port, or a eagle/n, two letters, antler sequence on the side. Post war German production anyway.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page

amazon

Click on a term to search for related topics.