Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jimbo80
  • 1 Post By me109g4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #1

Glickjessef@gmail.com .22
Interarms PPK/ S 150 round review

The accuracy! Shooting this thing side by side with a Glock 19 gen 3, at 15 ft- there was no comparison. The Walther excelled in producing super small groupings- almost effortlessly.

Fun to shoot, hella accurate and it FEELS like a real gun, not my plastic toy Glock (which I still love).

Will they make California compliant versions of the re-releases now made in the USA? Would be awesome to get these to shooters who are looking for something just a little bit different.

I highly encourage you to check out the pistol if you can, put some rounds through one. Great little shooter. The fact that it has been looked after since 1971 is a testament to the quality and value of the pistol, untold countless thousands of rounds have been shot through it- as will thousands more.

The bad: one malfunction, due to limp wristing (100% user error). Trying to avoid the notorious slide bite has me lowering my grip just a little bit, a habit that led to this “problem”. In reality I shouldn’t have a problem with slide bite because it fits well naturally- probably should just be a little less worried about slide bite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CE0033C6-6BB2-4D14-AA84-65271C6621C6_1569775602775.jpg (233.9 KB, 19 views)
Glickjessef@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #2

jehzsa .22
I don't remember ever handling/firing a PPK/S. But if it's the same feeling and performance as a PP or PPK, I can understand your empathy.

As to the slide bite, you can get used to it. Really, with use it almost becomes a second thought when compared to the satisfaction of shooting one. You'll still lose blood, though.

A couple of decades (+3?) after first handling them someone told me that a custom wood grip with big palm swells would resolve the slide bite issue. I sell it to you as it was sold to me. No experience with that.

Enjoy...

EDIT: Remembered this now. The last PP or PPK that I owned I sold in the early 2000s. Those I possessed, since the late 70s. In turn, the PP Super has been a constant companion, like a loyal dog. You might want to take a look at a PP Super .380. Or my favorite, the 9x18 Ultra/Police/9mmSuper.

Last edited by jehzsa; 09-29-2019 at 12:31 PM.
jehzsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:54 PM   #3

Jimbo80 .22
The Super is the most under rated and overlooked of the PP series. Lack of ammo in days gone by is probably the reason. First time I ever shot one I started looking.
halfmoonclip likes this.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #4

Gene L .22
I never got bitten by the slide on any PP-series. I don't know why this is true, I've got fairly large hands. Just lucky, I guess. The web of my thumb does get a little sore with the .380, but not that bad.
Gene L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:49 AM   #5

halfmoonclip .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehzsa View Post
...As to the slide bite, you can get used to it. Really, with use it almost becomes a second thought when compared to the satisfaction of shooting one. You'll still lose blood, though...

Yeah, I love to bang my head on the wall, because it feels so good when I quit. The PPK is distracting enough to shoot without actually drawing blood. Sounds like the way to get the mother of all flinches. Either change your grip, get a bike glove, or get another gun.

Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:38 PM   #6

me109g4 .22
I learned all about slide bite with the first shot of my first Walther pistol. a valuable lesson learned right away, never happened again. That was a 1984 Interarms PPK/S in the 024XXX range. Is still lives here and is still carried.
93978 likes this.
me109g4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page

interarms ppk review

Click on a term to search for related topics.