Old 09-16-2019, 12:23 AM   #1

ghostrider179 .22
Stainless PPK, PPK/S .32

What companies made a PPK and or PPK/S stainless in .32
ghostrider179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #2

DE Pistole .22
Interarms (Ranger) and Smith & Wesson made them in stainless steel. These are harder to find, especially the PPK.
halfmoonclip likes this.
DE Pistole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #3

halfmoonclip .22
Yep. Back in the day, no one wanted a .32. Now they are more desirable.
Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2019, 03:58 PM   #4

DE Pistole .22
I've got a S&W .32 PPK and on the hunt for an Interarms .32 PPK.
DE Pistole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #5

neno0917 .22
What is a smith and Wesson ppks .32 worth
neno0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:26 PM   #6

Gene L .22
Any explanation or thoughts on why the .32 acp has gained popularity recently? The tiny pocket pistols and the improvement of ammunition? I like my .32s, can't say why. I'm very unlikely to have to defend my life with them, but if I ever did have to, I wouldn't feel completely unarmed.

I shoot hardball in my PPK because I ran up on a good deal on some, and because it penetrates enough in gel tests. I don't trust my PPK with Lehigh ammo, got rim lock on it, but it could be the magazine at fault. It works fine in my FN 1910, though.
Gene L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:12 PM   #7

halfmoonclip .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
Any explanation or thoughts on why the .32 acp has gained popularity recently? The tiny pocket pistols and the improvement of ammunition? I like my .32s, can't say why. I'm very unlikely to have to defend my life with them, but if I ever did have to, I wouldn't feel completely unarmed. ...

The .32 was the original caliber for the PP series, the .380 a later development. It tends to be rappy in that caliber, while the .32 is much more pleasant to shoot.
This forum has been all over the joy of shooting .32s, perhaps more as range toys. Historically, the .380 was more popular in this country, and is simply more common.
Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:41 PM   #8

Gene L .22
Yes, I agree the .32 is more pleasant to shoot. My PPK does have accuracy issues which are probably related to me...it shoots left. My FN is more pleasant to shoot, but lacks sights.

I am interested in the recent resurgence of popularity of the .32 and the reasons for this. On this board above sticky, the P-series in .32 is the most popular. I wonder why, in the real world for SD among people who have little appreciation of history...they want a small, concealable carry piece. I perhaps wrongly attribute this to the popularity of tiny handguns like the Keltek .32, which is the smallest auto there is and by all reports, very reliable. Ten years ago, you couldn't sell a .32 (which is how I got mine at a deal) and they didn't get much respect. I bought it because of the age, the price, and the history, but it's not the best carry piece given the advancements of the 21st century and in the 9mm. I'm an old guy and remember when the Walthers were the smallest guns you could get...not a stickler on practicality.
Gene L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:48 AM   #9

kenb .22
I think .380 was popular early on when people were using these pistols more as carry guns. It seems the American mentality is bigger is better when it comes to carry cartridges. I have a FN1910 (a later Browning roll marked model) in 9mm Kurtz that my grandfather used as a carry pistol in the 60s. It does have sights, you just need a magnifying glass to see them. It shoots well but the recoil is a bit snappy.

I suspect today when there are so many pistols in 9mm that are about the size of a PPK that the market for the PPK is for a historical shooter. So, people would seek the original cartridge which also happens to be more comfortable to shoot.
kenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:40 AM   #10

Jimbo80 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
I am interested in the recent resurgence of popularity of the .32 and the reasons for this.
There isn't one. Around here the .32 was and always will be the most popular because of it's shootability. In the real world where people are more worried about armed meth heads and being cool like James Bond the .380 is preferred by a large margin.

The scarcity of .32s on the market and corresponding spike in prices is not caliber driven. In the last few years a LOT of new "Gun Guys/Gals" have been created by fear of the above mentioned meth heads. As most of us already know guns are fun. When non gun folks realize that they start looking to buy more guns. There is a percentage that really get into the sport/hobby who also have significant funds at there disposal. That along with the fact that most current owners are looking to buy not sell drives the market.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page

new ppk vs ppk/s

Click on a term to search for related topics.