PPK .380 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2019, 04:01 PM   #1

Gene L .22
PPK .380

I shot it today for the first time. It's quite accurate, I found and the recoil isn't all that bad. The only reason I bought it was because it was at what I thought was a good price. Ball ammo, I was impressed. Shot about an inch low, which is no problem. Also shot my PPK .32, which is way left. And the sight is drifted over..That is a problem.

Gene L is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #2

Mr007Bonds .22
Gene congratulations on your new purchase, if you try different brands of factory Ball ammunition you will see that the point of impact will shift. This is to due to a difference in OAL, and powder charge and type used, the bullet’s contact with the rifling of your barrel. Good luck in finding the load your PPK likes.
Mr007Bonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #3

DE Pistole .22
A inch low is on target . . . any bad guy won't know the difference. Focus on ammo that properly runs your PPK.

Last edited by DE Pistole; 10-22-2019 at 10:17 AM.
DE Pistole is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #4

Duncanppk .22
PPK .380

Gene,

Good looking SS PPK. As with older S&W snub nosed revolvers you can bring the poi in with different ammo, or loadings (it was the only way to adjust those). But as DE points out an inch low it dead on. I would wait on sight changes until you really get to know the weapon. Three or four range trips should give you a good idea if it is the gun, or you. Then change as needed.

Duncan

Last edited by Duncanppk; 10-22-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Duncanppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #5

Jan whitaker .22
congrats on your new ppk. they are easy to carry and fun to shoot. My 68 ppk is also a 380 . have had it for a long time and it's not going anywhere.
Jan whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:17 PM   #6

DE Pistole .22
Beyond your ammo, point of impact (vs aim) is also affected by sight picture, sight alignment, trigger pull (amount of finger on trigger) and range to target. You want to group consistently before changing anything.
halfmoonclip likes this.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #7

Gene L .22
It's my sight picture, I think.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #8

DE Pistole .22
Forgot to add that's a nice SS Ranger. I've got one just like it. I'm guessing mine is about a year older than your's based on serial number. Mine has a 08# and I think it was made in 1996.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:50 PM   #9

No.6 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene L View Post
It's my sight picture, I think.
I think so too; I got the same last time out. I'd always been taught to put the front sight under the bull (https://www.pewpewtactical.com/eye-d...sight-picture/) as in Sight Image 2 there, but a search of old threads here suggested dot covering target as in Sight Image 3 is how PPKs are set up.

Haven't had a chance to test this theory yet.
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:47 AM   #10

Gene L .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE Pistole View Post
Forgot to add that's a nice SS Ranger. I've got one just like it. I'm guessing mine is about a year older than your's based on serial number. Mine has a 08# and I think it was made in 1996.

I think that's about right, but it's so hard to track down Ranger SNs.

On another board, talking about P-series guns, a guy said about three years ago he bought an Interarms stainless PPK/S in .32 acp. He pad $300 for it just because he liked it (which is why most of us buy them) and because he had the extra cash. He thought it was priced reasonably because it wasn't a .380, he's not a fan of the .32. Anyway, I told him I thought he had a pretty rare PPK-S and he got a great deal on it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series