Walther PPK or PPK /S - Page 14 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2019, 12:49 AM   #131

Mr007Bonds .22
PeterA I have no use for those lite polymer 2.75 inch barrel guns. For one they produce more recoil, in most cases the velocity is Going to be reduced, they are to small for my hands. With my Don Hume holster the print of my pocket looks a wallet, carrying my PPK/S with the flush magazine only adds to my concealment, and it fits my hand. The draw back to a IWB holster i find is that you need a Tee-shirt to keep the leather off of my skin, then i need a outer shirt to keep it concealed.
Mr007Bonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-19-2019, 08:55 AM   #132

Mr007Bonds .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljessemyers View Post
I don't know enough about any of this yet, but this seems like an excellent holster for my use. It will go in my right pants pocket (upper or lower, they're "cargo pants"), will cause a "lump", but so does my phone and other stuff already, it looks great, and you've already given me your thoughts.

I think it's a perfect answer.

I assume the gun only stays in it while you're carrying; when you get home, you remove the gun for any storage. Yes?
Your assumption are correct, once i arrived home i remove it for storage
Old 10-23-2019, 12:46 AM   #133

barbarosa guns .22
I have been carrying my PPK/S in my pocket for YEARS

I have been a pocket carrier of the PPK/S in stainless and for a long time used a very cheap Uncle Mikes holster but recently switched to a "sticky holster" that you are supposed to somehow wedge between your waistband and it is supposed to stick in place using its peculiar rubbery texture.....but I simply use it as a pocket holster and with some velcro I have it in always the same position in a cargo pocket and of course the holster never gets pulled with the pistol. A couple of years back the wife got me a Crimson Trace laser grip for the thing but though it auto activates when in the hand, I simply never "think" to take advantage of the laser....so its just "there". Love the gun and it gobbles everything I have run through it from very wide mouth HP to cheap Wolf FMJ steel case. Accurate as hell but a lot of that has come with practice and familiarity....have recently gone with what is called +p ammo though I only bought two boxes and only ran two mags of the stuff....dont need to mess with accellerated wear. Mine is a VERY early Smith and Wesson model and I find no problems at all with it and of course will take advantage of Smiths superb warranty should I ever have to. Love the gun and have never found it a bother to carry.....on occasion I do put it in a jacket pocket when I get the evil eye from the wife for wanting to wear cargo pants to some overpriced eatery........such is life. Great gun and in my humble opinion the very best .380 made.....and most certainly the most awesome looking!
Kinda looking for an old smaller PP. Anyone has one let me know if its halfway reasonable in price and in great shape. I know that some have problems with HP ammo but I think my Amish gunsmith can work that problem out if I cant with a dremel and some polishing compound on the feedramp.
New to this forum. Glad I found it! Any hints on where to find spare mags for a .380 PPK/S at the lowest price (factory please or MecGar)
barbarosa guns is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2019, 10:01 AM   #134

PeterA .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr007Bonds View Post
PeterA I have no use for those lite polymer 2.75 inch barrel guns. For one they produce more recoil, in most cases the velocity is Going to be reduced, they are to small for my hands. With my Don Hume holster the print of my pocket looks a wallet, carrying my PPK/S with the flush magazine only adds to my concealment, and it fits my hand. The draw back to a IWB holster i find is that you need a Tee-shirt to keep the leather off of my skin, then i need a outer shirt to keep it concealed.

The Kahr P380 is more comfortable to shoot than the Walther PPK/S. I had written previously on the blowback design versus locked breach. The Ruger LCPII is not as comfortable. I would compare the LCPII to the PPK/S as far as being snappy.
PeterA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #135

No.6 .22
I was surprised to see what appears to be a new Ft. Smith PPK (not S) on auction here: https://bid.notjustguns.com/lots/203...Jldlt3aWRdPTIy
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:59 AM   #136

Mr007Bonds .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
The Kahr P380 is more comfortable to shoot than the Walther PPK/S. I had written previously on the blowback design versus locked breach. The Ruger LCPII is not as comfortable. I would compare the LCPII to the PPK/S as far as being snappy.
Every shooter is different, the Kahr may be more comfortable for YOU, i have no use for it. If itís not made out of Steel, with a 3.75 inch barrel i wont have anything to do with it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page

ppk walther

Click on a term to search for related topics.