Ejector / Slide Stop Broke - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2019, 06:24 AM   #1

cocojo Unproven
Ejector / Slide Stop Broke

At the range the other day with one of my sons. I was shooting my S&W PPK all went fine. He wanted a completion shoot little red stickers at about 25 feet. He used full size Sig nine I had my ppk. He wasn't happy when I edged him out and beat him, he was Marine Recon. Took a pic I was smiling he was not. Anyway, when I got home to clean the ppk the ejector/ slide stop was broken in half right where the punch mark is located holding the spring in. The gun still functioned fine. I called Walther and talked to a guy named Paul. He didn't seen too friendly, kind of cranky. I think he wanted me to send gun in but i just ordered the parts. New spring does not come with the ejector. He said that the ejector is not drop in. He stated they required gunsmithing and said I’m not going to tell you how to smith the parts. I said not a problem, just ship it. Got the part, did some fitting and the gun is fine. I ordered some parts from Numrich Arms for my ppk got a new recoil spring which is a whole lot better. I just thought customer service was suppose to be a little more friendly. This felt like he was being bothered by answering calls. Gun is fine now!

Last edited by cocojo; 08-15-2019 at 04:45 PM.
cocojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-15-2019, 03:24 PM   #2

1917-1911M .38
I don't have a Smith but I wasn't aware this part needed any smithin'. Yeah, some folks aren't to customer service oriented. Got a letter in the mail yesterday from Sunbelt rental regarding money they owed me and that unless they heard from me by tomorrow they were sending it to the State as unclaimed property. The notice had a number to call. No answer, had an e-mail, but that came back out of the office until next week. So I called another number, got some guy in Ohio who couldn't be more unfriendly. Don't know why he bothered to answer the phone. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:35 PM   #3

cocojo Unproven
The back where the ejector hangs over the magazine needs some smithing so it fits in slide and doesn't interfere with the next round in the magazine. I also polished the backside of the ejector so that it would run smoother with slide. The spring is a “pita”, I staked it with a punch.

Last edited by cocojo; 08-15-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:55 AM   #4

1917-1911M .38
Interesting, so the ejector is a bit too long for the Smith version. Yeah, it has to pop up in front of the breech face when the slide is retracted and an empty magazine is inserted. It also has to drop all the way down below the breech face when a loaded round is installed and the slot it aligns with is pretty narrow. You are right, the left mag lip cannot interfere with this drop. Pretty precisely fitted part. I didn't know there was a difference Smith vs Walther pistols. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:01 AM   #5

cocojo Unproven
I think they all need fitting not much but some. There all different so you have to fit them.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #6

cocojo Unproven
Width more so than length. They ride in a slot in the slide.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #7

halfmoonclip .22
Slide stops can be a giant PITA. An incorrectly specc'd one caused the G42s teething troubles (along with the magazine itself), and some 9mm 1911 Colts have been an issue. There are many more.

The problem is the slide stop has to be like baby bear's porridge; too short, it won't engage, too long, and it will engage with rounds in the gun.
Concur on CS; Smith has always been good to me, and Sig has been doing better. CZ is perplexed by the notion.
Glad yer fixed, cojo.
Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series