WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #101

Oldguy32 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruload View Post
Funny that one should deride Walther in favour of SIG, since SIG has had well documented issues with every pistol they make, basically except the SP2022.

Producing a pistol once made with careful hand-fitting to mass produced piece doesn't always translate over so well. It's not as simple as people think. Look at the 1911 as a prime example. Some of those tolerances are +0.000"/-0.000". You can't do that with mass production at a low cost the way people want. the faster you machine something, the more it heats up, and when it cools, the dimensions change.

I just about guarantee the tribal knowledge that folks in ZM, Ulm, and Manurhin learned from producing these for years was lost. There are nuances to these things, and Walther US simply has to relearn them...if they get the time to.
Fascinating post..

A gunsmith (now passed on) who lived nearby (and who was a smith to the presidential protection detail)....

Once told me that all manufacturing was a sine wave..and that all makers produced their regular pistols with randomly selected parts. Some parts came at the bottom of the wave in tolerance-some at the best (top) part. Once in a while, a pistol was assembled with all top parts-and you can't make them malfunction. But sometimes a pistol is assembled with all bottom parts..and you just can't make it work.

Having once had a Glock 17 that was a horror show and just would not work-his thoughts make sense to me.
Oldguy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #102

BeastyBaiter .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
No offense, but that's willfully ignoring the preponderance of evidence on the 2019 edition, or willfully assigning the conditions of the (decades of) variants onto the current one.

Of a couple dozen writers and Tubers who have put their rep on the line to write or show reviews, including live fire in all the videos and many claiming to have run a myriad of ammo, I have seen *one* (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aWGDQNXJ1Y) that cited any ammo issue, which interestingly was with the same Sig JHP round BeastyBaiter says he's struggling with.

Please, stick to praising your 365 (even here I suppose) but there's no need to troll to assure yourself you made the right choice for you. I'm with ya there; whatever Internet furor surrounded early 365s, any current valid criticism of them is about preference.

Otherwise I'll set up a fund for you to throw $ at so I can buy a couple dozen different boxes and do a video range PPK/S day

(edit: found a relevant quote from BB in one of these reviews … isn't it nice when people keep the same handle?)

Yeah, I try to keep more or less the same handle everywhere .

Results with mine were mixed early on but have improved. I had an ammo independent slide locking problem (lock on loaded mag) for a while but leaving the mags loaded a couple weeks fixed that. The gun is a little picky on the ammo though. It likes PMC, Remington and especially Winchester. It will not function at even a minimal level with Sig Sauer and is a jamomatic with GECO FMJ by the end of the first box of 50. Blazer works fine initially but like GECO, it gums the gun up a little too quickly though not as bad as GECO.

I'm sufficiently satisfied with reliability with the right ammo to use it as a carry gun. But it did take a lot longer than expected to break it in and find ammo it likes.
BeastyBaiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #103

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruload View Post
Funny that one should deride Walther in favour of SIG, since SIG has had well documented issues with every pistol they make, basically except the SP2022.

Which is funny/ironic, because that's about the only Sig that can be had a reasonable price.

Quote:
I just about guarantee the tribal knowledge that folks in ZM, Ulm, and Manurhin learned from producing these for years was lost. There are nuances to these things, and Walther US simply has to relearn them...if they get the time to.

Exceptionally well put! See for an example the quality of Tesla cars. All the billions poured into them, and they still have about the same build quality as a 1988 Daewoo.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page
new ppk vs ppk/s
walker ppk versus ppks
walther ppk 380 problems

walther ppk and ppk/s difference

walther ppk release date 2019
walther ppk s problems
Click on a term to search for related topics.