WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2019, 08:56 PM   #21

pilkguns .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
How are you doing in regard to "finger lock" (where you go to adjust grip on the stone, to find knuckle joint/joints "locked" in position), on this project.
hahahaa, I see you've done this before. lots of wiggling them in between

A gun and a parachute have a common dynamic, if you need one, nothing else will really suffice.
http://learntoengrave.com

Last edited by pilkguns; 07-24-2019 at 09:05 PM.
pilkguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 07-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #22

pilkguns .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
Pilk', unhappily the cited photos are no longer viable. I'm sure you will post when finished, and I'm looking forward to the results.
Is this a sorta 'practice' effort, tho' it's not like it's your first rodeo.
Moon

Moon, thats a pity those are gone, i know i've saved them in the past so Ive got copies somewhere. but I'm sure if you google chinese PPK, you will find several. Often they are on British pages as demil guns for sale.

and yes, this is the real deal, there ain't no practice to it.

A gun and a parachute have a common dynamic, if you need one, nothing else will really suffice.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:25 AM   #23

halfmoonclip .22
Pilk', it's a gorgeous morning sitting in the gazebo, and I don't want to spoil it looking at demils....
Anxious to see your finished product; is this a commission, or just for grits and shins?
Best,
Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2019, 05:02 PM   #24

pilkguns .22
Moon. It is a “spec” piece as in speculation that I will offer for sale on completion. I expect to sell it for very serious money. That said. In regards to your previous quality question I now have some personal experience. This hole was not present originally. It slowly appeared as I sanded down. It is cavernous looking inside under the microscope. There are other indicators that this problem could spear else where due to poor metallurgy....... not a good thing for an engraver.
halfmoonclip and Redcat94 like this.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:30 PM   #25

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilkguns View Post
Moon. It is a “spec” piece as in speculation that I will offer for sale on completion. I expect to sell it for very serious money. That said. In regards to your previous quality question I now have some personal experience. This hole was not present originally. It slowly appeared as I sanded down. It is cavernous looking inside under the microscope. There are other indicators that this problem could spear else where due to poor metallurgy....... not a good thing for an engraver.

Looks like it's time to revise the intended engraving pattern, in order to blend this flaw into the design.
halfmoonclip likes this.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #26

pilkguns .22
yes...... gonna try microwelding maybe..... but where else might hese landmines be hiding

Old 07-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #27

pilkguns .22
moon, this link appears to work.
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...ppk-356-a.html

Old 07-28-2019, 08:04 AM   #28

Olle .22
I have found many of those inclusions when working on stainless Colts. You find a tiny flyspeck and you try and polish it out, and it just grows and grows the more you polish. Can't recall ever seeing it in regular steel though.

I have never tried microwelding, but I have had several guns TIG welded. The problem is that this often leaves "ghost marks" in the bluing, so it might be better to work it into the engraving. Maybe you just found the best place for some gold inlay? Improvise, adapt and overcome...
Olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:24 PM   #29

halfmoonclip .22
Well, hell Pilk'. That's trouble you don't need. Nada on the link, BTW, but I'll cheerfully wait to see the one you're working on.
BTW, it's amazing that the Chinese could make a (presumably) functioning PP-series, and S&W struggled with it.
And mechanical things aren't the only items the Chinese steal...it's one of the issues in our trade talks.
Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #30

Olle .22
Maybe I should make something like this for it, but with a Communist star?

Olle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series