Enough already of Fort Smith games and lies - Page 4 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2019, 06:16 PM   #31

leeatmg .22
I was on the notify list of an online retailer and got lucky; placed the order Monday, shipped Monday afternoon, arrived UPS at my LGS Tuesday afternoon (yesterday) and picked it up about an hour later. They do seem to be trickling out slowly. Have not had a chance to test it yet but initial impression are very good.
leeatmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #32

gaffer .22
Just curious, been out of the news for awhile, but what is new about this PPK/s? I have an older one (interarms), and this one looks just like it?

confused!

ron
gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:26 PM   #33

DukeIronHand .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeatmg View Post
I was on the notify list of an online retailer and got lucky; placed the order Monday, shipped Monday afternoon, arrived UPS at my LGS Tuesday afternoon (yesterday) and picked it up about an hour later. They do seem to be trickling out slowly. Have not had a chance to test it yet but initial impression are very good.
Congratulations!
After some angst so I donít end up with two PPK/Sís (in light of the CCP M2 reportedly coming in .380) I decided to wait for the Black PPK/S model.
Hope it wonít be too long a wait.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #34
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
None of the delays bother me one bit. I have no interest in the new "PPK" whatsoever.

Had Walther/Umarex undone the S&W abominations, I'd be following the drama. Unfortunately, they chose the path of redesign vs. education.

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:07 PM   #35

SAMSON .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2150 View Post
Each time I call Fort Smith about availability I am told they are and have been shipping to distributors.The other day they said for the last 5 weeks, in Feb they said shipping since Jan, seems they can't get their stories together. Every LGS I called or went into said none of their distributors have them and most use different distributors, all the distributors have said not out of stock but have never received any. In Feb BassPro listed in their circular and online saying due in March, in March they removed from online. Now in April again in circular and online as I called and was told shipment expected in May and of this morning it has been removed from their online page. It seems Walther is purposely doing this to keep demand and price up. I would not be surprised if this is just a sham from Fort Smith as the PPK/S was first advertised coming soon what 3 years or so ago and excuses galore, licensing etc.
I have been notified via emails this week and last week by grabagun.com that Walther PPK/S pistols are available online. I purchased one from them last month. Two day delivery to your FFL.
DukeIronHand likes this.
SAMSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #36

OldRogue .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2150 View Post
They have been shipping since the end of January but I wouldn't be able to give you any specific information on who may have one in as we don't ship directly to most dealers.
If anything, this tells me it's the wholesalers who are holding up retail supply, to drive up the wholesale price, thus the retail price.
OldRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #37

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRogue View Post
If anything, this tells me it's the wholesalers who are holding up retail supply, to drive up the wholesale price, thus the retail price.
Sounds about right to me.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:43 PM   #38

leeatmg .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMSON View Post
I have been notified via emails this week and last week by grabagun.com that Walther PPK/S pistols are available online. I purchased one from them last month. Two day delivery to your FFL.
That's where I got mine from. Previously, every time I'd get the notification it would be gone before I got there. Monday was my lucky day. I got another notification this morning, and as of 8pm there was still one left, so I assume maybe the supply is loosening a bit.
leeatmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #39

Redcat94 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffer View Post
Just curious, been out of the news for awhile, but what is new about this PPK/s?
The PPK and PPK/S have been out of production for several years. Walther USA has been promising that they would come back but the release date kept getting pushed. Now they're finally hitting the shelves.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:27 PM   #40

Jan whitaker .22
Hey guys, just got back from the NRA convention in Indy. Checked out the Walther booth, they had both the new ppk,and the ppks in 380, stainless steel. very nice, should sell well to the new and old Walther fans.
Jan whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PP and TP Series

Search tags for this page

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/117106-enough-already-fort-smith-games-lies-post1192742.html#post119274

Click on a term to search for related topics.