WaltherForums

WaltherForums (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/)
-   PP and TP Series (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/)
-   -   What determines who gets the new PPK? (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pp-tp-series/116664-what-determines-who-gets-new-ppk.html)

DukeIronHand 03-27-2019 05:17 AM

What determines who gets the new PPK?

This may be a dumb question but I am not knowledgeable about the commercial gun pipeline.
See here that some folks have the new PPK/S (Stainless) that they bought at local gunshops yet none of the big online sellers or wholesalers apparently have them yet.
What determines who, and when, gets the new guns from Ft. Smith?

olsoul 03-27-2019 05:58 AM

I do so send me $100 in cash and I'll make sure you LGS get some PPK models soon... :).

DukeIronHand 03-27-2019 06:16 AM

Nice! Appreciate it.
Only $100 though?

gkuhlen 03-27-2019 09:52 AM

My fee is $75.00 and whatever gun you're willing to trade in.

Jimbo80 03-27-2019 10:16 AM

The bigger dealers usually wait for production to ramp up to the point where availability is such that they are able to get quantity discounts. I doesn't pay for them to buy a few guns at higher prices.

As far as the manufacturers go it pays for them to go slow and let hype drive up prices thereby allowing them to sell at top dollar to the "Gotta Have It" crowd. The Sig P365 is a good example. Look how many people paid a premium for what is basically a $400 pistol.

Jan whitaker 03-27-2019 03:54 PM

I have a 68 ppk and an 78 ppks,looking forward to checking out the new ppks at the NRA convention in Indy next month. 9

halfmoonclip 03-27-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo80 (Post 1187752)
...As far as the manufacturers go it pays for them to go slow and let hype drive up prices thereby allowing them to sell at top dollar to the "Gotta Have It" crowd. The Sig P365 is a good example. Look how many people paid a premium for what is basically a $400 pistol.

Concur entirely. And Gander must have jumped on a bunch of the P365s; (August born-on) our local shop had as many as you might care to buy, for what now seems the norm, $499.
Moon

MGMike 03-27-2019 10:54 PM

The short (and correct) answer to the OP's question: The national sales manager in Fort Smith decides.

And if you think that such a person --if he or she is halfway competent-- is going to send any pistols to some local gunshop in Podunk, Florida before sending a full case or two or three to his best customers --the large national distributors that he utterly depends on to move product--then you are truly delusional.

M

DukeIronHand 03-28-2019 07:20 AM

Yet people are buying them, and have been for 2 weeks, in “Podunk, Florida.”

Tenbones 03-28-2019 09:03 AM

I happened to check Davidsons Distributors, they are one of the bigger firearms distributors, and they show the blued version of the PPK/S to be 'Out of Stock', and the stainless model as "'Unavaliable'. This item is currently Allocated."

I take that to mean that their stainless models are already spoken for and will be gone as soon as they get them.

I am skeptical of claims that small, individual gun shops are already selling them because most major gun manufacturers do not deal directly with individual gun shops.