My PK380 Range Report etc - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums
 

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PK380

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2017, 04:26 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 115
kensmith .22
Thought I might just post a new picture.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20171126_10_55_14_Pro.jpg (2.46 MB, 44 views)
kensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-26-2017, 05:11 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 115
kensmith .22
By the way, in approx. threeks I will have my first competition with the PK380 and then we will see, how she holds up.........competitions have different rules then training
kensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:41 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 115
kensmith .22
So, I hab a further competition last saturday.

Good day at the range, lot of fun and due to high temperatures very exausting.

Came in with 269 from 300. Not as good as last year with the Beretta 82, but not bad either.

The left target is at 15m 10 rounds in 100 seconds. Should have taken more time to shoot, but I was exausted.

The right target is at 10m and 7m. Each 10 rounds.

10m five intervals of each 2 seconds and one shot. And then repeat
7m five rounds in intervals. Three intervals of 2 seconds each where a max of 2 shots are fired.


40ppstoter likes this.
kensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-10-2018, 05:46 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
40ppstoter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Indiana
Posts: 117
40ppstoter .22
Not too shabby! Trying to compete in any extreme heat or cold sucks.
kensmith likes this.
__________________
USMC 83'-87', NRA Member, Indiana & Utah CCW.
40ppstoter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:08 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 115
kensmith .22
Shot ma PK380 at the German nationals and she did fine.

But the trigger was getting me off, so I took her to my gunsmith who took care of that.

He reduced the triggerpull in SA to approx. 1250gramms.

Can't wait to give her a run at the range
kensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 01:44 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 115
kensmith .22
So, got my PK380 back with the triggerjob and took her to the range.

SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally new feeling shooting the PK380.

These target had been at approx. 7m

kensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,032
olstyn .22
What type of competition are you shooting that has a division where the PK380 makes sense? In my experience, most competitions are either rimfire or "real" (9mm and larger) calibers, with nothing really existing in the middle for things like .32 ACP and .380.
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:07 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 115
kensmith .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
What type of competition are you shooting that has a division where the PK380 makes sense? In my experience, most competitions are either rimfire or "real" (9mm and larger) calibers, with nothing really existing in the middle for things like .32 ACP and .380.
I was young and needed the money.....;-)

Just kidding!

We have a competition called PP4 (Police Pistol 4 - Pocket Gun). We can use pistols that fit in a box measuring 180 x 140 x 40mm so we are talking about 3" to 3,5" pistols.


We start at 15m, then 10m and finally 7m

We can use calibers from .32 up to .455 and taking that the .380 or .32 Auto has a fairly light recoil, it`s a nice caliber to use.
kensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:17 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,032
olstyn .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensmith View Post
We have a competition called PP4 (Police Pistol 4 - Pocket Gun). We can use pistols that fit in a box measuring 180 x 140 x 40mm so we are talking about 3" to 3,5" pistols.

We start at 15m, then 10m and finally 7m

We can use calibers from .32 up to .455 and taking that the .380 or .32 Auto has a fairly light recoil, it`s a nice caliber to use.
So it's like medium- to short-range bullseye with a fairly generous time limit? (I'm used to USPSA/IPSC where your score is points shot divided by the time it took you to shoot, so it looked like everything was going in slow motion to me.) Are you actually required to lower the gun between shots, or is that just your personal routine? Also, those are some seriously wacky looking targets. Is there a reason for the swirls of black and white printed on them?
olstyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 115
kensmith .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
So it's like medium- to short-range bullseye with a fairly generous time limit? (I'm used to USPSA/IPSC where your score is points shot divided by the time it took you to shoot, so it looked like everything was going in slow motion to me.) Are you actually required to lower the gun between shots, or is that just your personal routine? Also, those are some seriously wacky looking targets. Is there a reason for the swirls of black and white printed on them?
When shooting the intervalls we have to lower the firearm to 45.

The targets used are the center of a humanoid target.
Full human like targets ar illegal in germany.

The routine is:

at 15m 10 shots in 100 seconds including a mandatory reload

at 10m 2 x 5 shots in intervals. Five intervals of each 2 seconds, whre one shot is to be fired

at 7m 2 x 5 shots in intervals. Three intervals of each 2 seconds, where max. 2 shots are placed. That means you can choose for 2-2-1 / 1-2-2 / 1-2-1

It`s a fun little competition that gives us the possibility to get comapct pistols..;-)
kensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PK380


Search tags for this page

news

,
teal pk380 handle only
,
walther pk380 range zero distance
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.