.380 Grip Backstrap - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PK380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #1

Redmond85331 .22
.380 Grip Backstrap

What is the deal with the PK380 grip backstrap? I'm referring to what seems to be a removable panel on the back of the grips. It is slightly loose and rather annoying at times. Is that normal? Does this bother anyone else or do I have a defect? I appreciate any information you experts can offer, as I am, by no means, a Walther expert, but think the .380 is badass.
Redmond85331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #2

EYEMAN .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmond85331 View Post
What is the deal with the PK380 grip backstrap? I'm referring to what seems to be a removable panel on the back of the grips. It is slightly loose and rather annoying at times. Is that normal? Does this bother anyone else or do I have a defect? I appreciate any information you experts can offer, as I am, by no means, a Walther expert, but think the .380 is badass.
The backstrap on the weapon is removable. There are two catches on each side of the backside of the piece. The PK380 I have is very new and has virtually no movement to it. You may want to remove yours and you should be able to heat the catches and bend them slightly outward, which will take the slack out. If you remove you magazine you can see the 4 catches extending through the back of the frame.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #3

Redmond85331 .22
.380 Backstrap

Thanks for the reply. This gun I am referring to is brand new. I bought it this past Saturday. I did not notice the loose part until after I got home. What will removing it do? It is not terribly loose, but just enough to be annoying.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #4

Redmond85331 .22
.380 Backstrap

I'm sorry, I read your reply again. Pushing the catches out would tighten the part up in the grip.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #5

EYEMAN .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmond85331 View Post
I'm sorry, I read your reply again. Pushing the catches out would tighten the part up in the grip.
No, I was not referring to removal helping it, but instead removal and "heating the catches and bending them outward" which would put more tension on the mounting of the backstrap.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #6

table42 .22
After making the adjustment as was previously noted, the backstrap will appear to be seamless with the rest of the grip. It should not move at all. Maybe the weapon was dropped by someone at the store before you purchased it. Depending on how crafty the people are who sold it too you, they might be able to do it for you once you've demostrated the problem and shown them how to fix it. I looked at several of these weapons before I finally purchased one (nickel slide) and I never saw a backstrap that was even slightly loose or out of place. Good Luck.
table42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PK380

Search tags for this page
grips for pk380

pk380 backstrap

pk380 grip

pk380 grip frame swap

pk380 grips

walther pk380 back strap

walther pk380 backstrap

walther pk380 backstrap for sale

walther pk380 grips

walther ppk 380 replacement backstraps
walther ppk back strap
walther ppk grips with integral backstrap
Click on a term to search for related topics.