good ammunition? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #1

007p99 .22
good ammunition?

hey guys as i mentioned in my previous thread i just put a deposit down for my 9mm qa p99; it will be here thursday/friday. what are some good brands of 9mm ammunition i can get that are relatively inexpensive? i am taking a shooting trip with my buddies on saturday and would like to stock up a little bit. other than that, i will probably not be using THAT much these first couple of weeks due to time constraints, but once i get more free time i will probably go to the range once a week. suggestions? thanks!
007p99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
Banned

Ogie .22
I use Speer Lawman 124 gr. as my practice round. For carry, I use Speer Gold Dots in 124 gr. +P. CCI Blazer Brass as a practice round works well also and is cheaper than the above mentioned ammo.
Ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #3

saxman .22
I've put several boxes of winchester white box from walmart through mine without a hiccup. It's dirty, but does its job just fine in my experience.
saxman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #4

maestro .22
I've shot Winchester White Box and Blazer Brass in my P99...my personal preference is for the Blazer Brass because it doesn't leave my gun as dirty as the Winchester. It's a little more expensive, but worth it to me.
maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #5

saxman .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
I've shot Winchester White Box and Blazer Brass in my P99...my personal preference is for the Blazer Brass because it doesn't leave my gun as dirty as the Winchester. It's a little more expensive, but worth it to me.
I'm the crazy type that enjoy coming home from the range, and stripping all the guns down and cleaning them when I'm done, so the difference isn't that big of a deal to me.

That and my other guns are .22's... now that gets things dirty.
saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #6

lsr1238 .22
I shoot Remington UMC 115gr, it was selling for $70 for a case of 500 at Dick's Sporting Goods but went up to $100/case. I also shoot Winchester WinCleans which goes for $140/case of 500 at my nearby gun store. I love the WinCleans, they shoot the cleanest out of any ammo I've ever tried. If I have the money I'd shoot nothing but WinCleans. I hear that Winchester USA goes for $8-10/box of 50 at Wally World, don't have first hand experience but I usually prefer Winchester ammo over Remington.

If you don't reload and if you shoot frequently, buy in bulk ! ! !
lsr1238 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99