On order P99AS 40S&W - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #1

alfsauve .22
On order P99AS 40S&W

Went to Adventure Outdoors and plunked down the money ($599) for a P99AS in .40S&W. They're back ordered (I'm number five on the list) and it will take 2 to 4 weeks.

Now the planning starts. Let's see. Holster, ammo, reloading dies.

What's the best practice ammo? What weights work best? 165 or 180gr? Any particular bullet style works best or doesn't work well? Anybody use lead(unjacketed) bullets?

I reload all my .45ACP, but I don't know if I'll have the time (or patience) to do that with the P99.

So much to do. So little time.

Alf
ps..shameless plug: In the Atlanta area Adventure Outdoors has the best prices even compared to mail order. Also they're fighting NYC's & Mayor Bloomberg and can use the business. http://bloombergfightbackfund.com/

pss..I don't work there. Don't know anyone there nor do I have any connection with the store other than being a customer.
alfsauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #2

GPalmer .22
I have two P99c's in 40 S&W. They both eat anything they are fed without issues. I use Winchester White Box from WallyWorld for practive. I've run 165 and 180 grain Speer Gold Dots, 150, 165 and 180 grain DoubleTap Gold Dots and 150, 165 and 180 grain Golden Sabers through them without any hiccups...
GPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #3

alfsauve .22
Good to know

I guess, I'll have to buy some of each bullet weight and get to know my P99 once it comes in.

I went shooting Friday with my 1911 and my .22. Friendly range and they don't mind you collecting brass from other shooters (assuming the other shooters don't want it.) So I was able to pickup about 100 rounds of .40. I've never bought in .45 brass. All I ever needed I picked up at the range. I think the .40 will be the same. Just gotta figure which is the best all around weight to use.

Thanks,

Alf
alfsauve is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page

best price for walters p99as .40 s&w

Click on a term to search for related topics.