Gen 1 P99 9mm trigger/decocker problem - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #1

brock51 .22
Gen 1 P99 9mm trigger/decocker problem

Ok, has anyone seen anything like this? I have a 1st gen Walther p99 9mm. When it's in single action right before the trigger break it makes a small clicking noise. You can still fire it but it decocks it without touching the decocker. Definitely not normal! (And yes I know it's not good to slam the slide forward. I never do but only had one hand available.) here's a link. I recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube https://youtu.be/rSAp1e6mDxM
brock51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-13-2017, 08:55 PM   #2

brock51 .22
And here's another video to show the first click that decocks it is not a dry fire. You hear the first click that decocks it and then the dry fire. https://youtu.be/wCFCbRT4Lyc
Old 02-13-2017, 09:09 PM   #3

matquig .22
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...t-problem.html I had it happen to me. No explanation. I was ready to give up, but then cleaned the gun again (just for something to do), later reassembled it, and now it appears to have corrected itself. I do not really think dirt, etc, had anything to do with it, and I'd hate to think that a P99 is so fragile that even something like that could cause a malfunction. That was weeks ago, and it has been out to the range twice and fired 50 rounds each time since with no further problems. I hope yours clears up, but I cannot tell you what is causing it.
matquig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2017, 08:52 PM   #4

wbrian .22
I too had a problem where the trigger was dead. Even contacted Walther for a return. Then disassembled and reassembled and viola - GTG. It was Gen 3. Been fine since.
wbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:27 PM   #5

brock51 .22
Well I contacted Walther and even sent them the videos and apparently they know it's not normal but won't try and fix it. I guess I'm on my own.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_7780_1487194042172.PNG (160.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 02-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #6

brock51 .22
So apparently they are fine with the trigger being able to decock the p99. Whatever. I'll find my own gunsmith I guess.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #7

SpaceGunner .22
So Walther won't take a look at it? And who did you talk to out there?
Old 02-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #8
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
I'm just trying to wrap me little pointed head around 'decocking'. In your first video, I heard both clicks....that second click should have been much louder, as when you actually release the striker.....if that striker was cocked, it certainly wasn't released. So, its apparent NO decocking took place here. I'm wondering if the striker was even 'cocked'. I'd like to have seen the rear of the pistol after you release the slide to see if the striker 'red dot' was sticking thru the end cap. I'd also like to have seen the end of the pistol after you pulled the trigger and only got 'two' clicks....NO striker release or decocking.

In the second video, I heard the first 'click'....I don't have a clue what that click was, BUT it didn't decock the striker....I know that because as you continued to pull the trigger rearward, the striker WAS released.....as usual. The only question here is, what was that 'first' click.

I'm pretty sure this pistol is Flubbed Up.

You need to contact Walther again and demand they take a look at it.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:51 PM   #9

balance .22
I still think it has something to do with the trigger bar guide. Have you guys had any trigger work done on the pistol? I imagine that excessive polishing or stoning where the top of the trigger bar meets the trigger bar guide, could cause this.

The trigger bar guide drops the trigger bar lower, the further to the rear that the trigger is pulled. If the trigger bar is too high when the striker is released from the SA sear, I believe it can impact the trigger bar where the trigger bar cocks the striker in the DA trigger pull.

Check to see if the sear housing is cracked in the top-right corner where the trigger bar guide sits. Also, check to see if the trigger bar guide is still in the sear housing. You may also want to check to see if the roll pin that holds the sear housing in place is cracked, misaligned or missing as well.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:52 PM   #10

brock51 .22
Well after that first 'click' it's returning the trigger to double action. So it could be decocking the pistol. Think about it. It's doing the exact same thing as if I was pressing the decocker.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page

airsoft walther p99 trigger not working

p99 trigger issue

walther p99 trigger issue

Click on a term to search for related topics.