Gen 1 P99 9mm trigger/decocker problem - Page 4 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #31

thorn .22
Dude.

Don't start swapping parts. Or at least, at this point, put all the parts back on the guns they belong to.

There's something wrong with the trigger bar. (Curious if you have a pic of it, but it's just curiousity). Makes me wonder if someone replaced an original part with an incorrect one, or did some bad trigger gunsmithing.

Either get Walther to take it in for warranty, or order a new spare from Walther and install it yourself.

Walther's email shows a lack of understanding of the issue, btw. Your 3rd vid (showing the striker movement) was the most important one. That slow "creep forward" shouldn't happen.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #32

Diggin5 .22
Was this ever resolved? I just got an early Gen 1, 9mm, and it's doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Diggin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #33

balance .22
Quote:
Was this ever resolved? I just got an early Gen 1, 9mm, and it's doing the same thing.
I'd suggest you follow the advice given to the OP of this thread. If an inspection of the pistol, in the places that were suggested, don't result in pinpointing the issue, then send it to Walther.
Diggin5 likes this.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2017, 12:30 AM   #34

matthewd .22
Was the trigger problem resolved? What was the problem? Thanks
matthewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:24 PM   #35

brock51 .22
No the issue was never resolved. Walther USA wouldn't take it. I just had to sell it and cry a little. Lol. BUT Walther baffles me because on the issue they showed horrible CS but on my other Gen 1 the barrel appeared to have pitting and not much rifling in the barrel so I contacted them about buying a new barrel because I knew they wouldn't help, and to my surprise I talked to a different CS rep. He told me to send in my barrel and they'd send me a new one for free. They paid shipping. So that impressed me. Seems like they are hit or miss and depends on who you deal with and how much they really want to help.
Diggin5 likes this.
brock51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #36

Diggin5 .22
An update on mine: I sent it to Earl's and they did an excellent job. Not inexpensive, but I also had them tune everything up while it was there (and got night sights). Very quick turnaround, and their work is excellent.

imaoldfart likes this.
Diggin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:55 PM   #37

Jay90g60 .22
Wow,Walther fixed my Gen1 trigger no problem
J
Jay90g60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:25 AM   #38

OmegaJB .22
Too bad Walther didn't take care of what was clearly an issue. One suggestion to get any gun manufacturers attention, I don't advocate lying per say but if you use the terms "it seems unsafe" and "on a couple of occasions I think it fired 2 rounds with one trigger pull" will ensure they take your concerns seriously.
OmegaJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #39

Alloy123 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggin5 View Post
An update on mine: I sent it to Earl's and they did an excellent job. Not inexpensive, but I also had them tune everything up while it was there (and got night sights). Very quick turnaround, and their work is excellent.

Hate to bring up an old forum but my gen 1 split trigger is having this same exact issue save for one additional detail: it won't fire even in DA. So when the firing pin is released and starts to follow the trigger back to the DA position, if I attempt to pull the trigger fully rearward nothing happens. So under both single action and DA the striker will simply not be released. So I've been without my EDC for about a year now. I happened upon this thread hoping for a solution at the end...
Alloy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:41 PM   #40

Redcat94 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloy123 View Post
So I've been without my EDC for about a year now.
Have you contacted Walther USA about this ? When I sent my PPS M2 in for the recall I got it back a week later.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page

airsoft walther p99 trigger not working

p99 trigger issue

walther p99 gen 1 trigger variants

walther p99 trigger issue

Click on a term to search for related topics.