Gen 1 P99 9mm trigger/decocker problem - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #11
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
I'm trying to think about it, but its making me wittle head hurt.

I think balance may be on to something. I don't have any P99's to examine....just PPQ's.

Send it back to Walther....it has a lifetime warranty.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-15-2017, 06:00 PM   #12

brock51 .22
That's what I meant saying though, Walther won't take it back. They say it's fine because it still fires. I guess they just have bad CS
brock51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:08 PM   #13

balance .22
Quote:
Well after that first 'click' it's returning the trigger to double action. So it could be decocking the pistol. Think about it. It's doing the exact same thing as if I was pressing the decocker.
Exactly.

All the decocker does in regards to decocking the pistol, is release the SA sear. This is the same thing that pulling the trigger does.

If the trigger bar is sitting too high when this happens, the tab on the striker used to cock the striker during the DA trigger pull, could be impacting the trigger bar, causing this issue.

Check to see if the sear housing is cracked in the top-right corner where the trigger bar guide sits. Also, check to see if the trigger bar guide is still in the sear housing. You may also want to check to see if the roll pin that holds the sear housing in place is cracked, misaligned or missing as well. Please inform us if any trigger work was done on the pistol.

I would send a PM to PeterTheFish. He is the one who informed the forum of the function of the trigger bar guide in this linked thread where he was trying to put P99 internals into a PPQ frame, and I believe he may have more of an understanding of what is going on here:

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/25960-ppq.html

If Walther was unwilling to help, I'd try Earl.

www.carlwalther.com

Last edited by balance; 02-15-2017 at 06:14 PM.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #14
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock51 View Post
That's what I meant saying though, Walther won't take it back. They say it's fine because it still fires. I guess they just have bad CS
Well, email em'. Describe your problem and provide links to your videos. I'm not a gunsmith, but I have owned some P99's and YOUR trigger is NOT working properly.

Wait for an email response. If they still won't fix the pistol. Make a post on Facebook describing you problem and experience with Walther CS....and provide links to your videos.

Then send a link to your Facebook post to Walther.

I bet they'll fix it.

Oh, and the CS rep that told you it was OK because it still fires needs to go back to flippin' burgers at McDonalds.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #15

brock51 .22
It's unknown if trigger work was done. I have other gen 1's and it feels stock.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:51 PM   #16

brock51 .22
I have emailed them. I emailed them the problem and they told me to call to further discuss it. I called and they didn't seem too knowledgeable on P99's. I sent the videos y'all have seen per their request. They watched them and said they didn't see a problem. I posted their reply. I'm definitely not too happy on how much they don't want to help fix it.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:51 PM   #17

balance .22
Quote:
Oh, and the CS rep that told you it was OK because it still fires needs to go back to flippin' burgers at McDonalds.
I couldn't agree more. That response left me dumbfounded and furious, and I'm not the owner of the pistol. I would think that they would at least want to check the pistol out, if for nothing other than to at least prevent a possible safety issue, being that this is dealing with the trigger of the pistol.

brock51, I would try calling Earl and explaining the issue to him to see if he has dealt with this issue before. You could then either send the pistol to Earl to fix it, or relay that information to Walther and get them to make this right. It is ridiculous that forum members seem more willing to help than the service center that represents the manufacturer of the pistol.

Last edited by balance; 02-15-2017 at 06:54 PM.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #18

brock51 .22
Here's another video. https://youtu.be/teoITEyMScs
Old 02-15-2017, 07:05 PM   #19
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
OK, that was a better video. I heard the first click....that's probably the click you'd hear when you're moving the trigger rearward from AS mode and you reach SA mode.

Now when you continue pulling the trigger all the way to the rear, it appears that the single action sear is tripped, releasing the striker, but its also caught by the double action mechanism.....as shown when you let the trigger come forward and you can watch the striker follow the trigger forward.

That trigger is Flubbed up.

Send this video to Walther and tell em' you want the pistol to operate like its supposed to. If they still refuse....tell em' they can read about it on their facebook page....then go make you post, including links to all your videos....the last one is the best....also include a copy of the previous correspondence you received.

Good Luck.........
Old 02-15-2017, 07:28 PM   #20

chandler5566 .22
You should talk to Seiter immediately. I suspect he will want a gunsmith to examine it. I do not own one and have never looked close enough to really know how it is supposed to function. What I would be telling Ft Smith is the trigger system is "failing" and that immediately presents a safety issue. CS is not and should not attempt to act as experts or even gunsmiths......Seiter knows that!
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > P99

Search tags for this page

airsoft walther p99 trigger not working

p99 trigger issue

walther p99 gen 1 trigger variants

walther p99 trigger issue

Click on a term to search for related topics.